Author Topic: iraq uprising  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2004, 05:22:25 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen10
Capt. Pork..

You said:

"Because Finland and Jamaica are ineffectual. Nobody cares enough to care enough. "

Do you mean that you don't care or people in general? (outside those countries)

The people that might have something to gain by practicing terror.

Offline newtype

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2004, 02:05:23 AM »
Found some footage from Iraq.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2004, 02:40:48 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
I believe that Iraq had no signifigant participation in Terrorist acts..

And you are wrong. Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Acqsa martyrs brigades are all terrorist organizations, they were all trained, armed and funded by the Iraqi government.

they certainly have never been accused of any by the US.

Wrong again.

Using that as a justification for the invasion and implying that they should have been invaded just after other countries were invaded is really really an increadable statement.
There was no justification for the invasion..accept that.

That is your opinion stop pretending that you are stating a fact. There are several different types of justification, there is legal justification, moral justification, justification from a self-defence perspective etc etc. You have stated your opinion on the matter...fine. Stop pretending to speak for anyone or anything but your own self.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2004, 02:43:42 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
As the commander in the field I would have ordered the building bombed to spare my men. As the overall commander of the operation I would have ordered the commander in the field to take the building with infantry to avoid the political/PR ramifications of bombing a holy place. As the politician responsible for this hole debacle I would have shot myself.

Meanwhile, in real life, you spend your time on a BB thrashing the US while looking for excuses for terrorism.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
iraq uprising
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2004, 02:47:32 AM »
lol GScholtz
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2004, 02:53:43 AM »
LOL GS :D

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
iraq uprising
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2004, 03:05:57 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Monte Cassino of 2004.  If they holed up in it, bomb it, destroy it whatever it takes.  

Karaya

OH, oh!!

The worst example to bring.

MonteCassino was left deserted by German troops for an agreement of the prior of the monastry.

The place was manned by the German paratroops AFTER the bombing.

The allies did'nt know that, seem, so they are only partially hold responsable for the distruction of one of the older monastry in history, but seem that your history is different than mine.

I have noticed this many times on this board, and I think that, expecially when the facts are still "warm" it's normal, so I use to try (underlined) to look at all the possible (visible) versions, and use common sense, (and a bit of cynism) to have a probable truth.

Some people, au contrair, take history as a different form of religion.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2004, 03:26:10 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Backing away will not solve it.  We backed away for too long and it got over 3,000 civilians killed on 9/11.

9/11 has been an horrible act and must be persecuted avery single people that is connected with this atrocity.

But the USA have never "backed up", this is something that most US citizen seem to fail to understand.

Maybe you need to be a US foreigner to understand how intrusive, destabilizing, and aggressive can be the US interests for another country/culture.

I am not talking about moral issues (right or wrong, good or bad), just the aggressive posture of the "model".

And, if we want to look really close to the things, it's something that is common in all the so-called western world, in wich is included Europe too.

And is more ancient of the birdth of the USA, bit and traces of this attitude can be found even in the Roman Empire.

A cultural model that have evolved in the actual western world, a winning, powerful model, indeed, with the U.S. as the higher point, at the moment.

Your presumption, if I may suggest, is that there can be a peace accord reached with them.
I submit there is no possible way for peace to occur.  There is no possible scenario that would cause terrorists to back away from the United States.  There never has been one, and there never will be one.

Well, skuzzy, you are a pessimist (correct word?).
By definition a terrorist will never back up, but it's possible to reach a pacific confrontation with the moderates, and they are many more than terrorists.
Without a popular base, the terrorists lose force and is really easy to eliminate them.
It worked here in the '70s-80s, even if some of the "weapons" used were... ehm... nonconventional.
The problem is that it's not an easy road to walk, it's easyer to use the violence.
But violence call violence.

It does not matter who our political leaders are, it does not matter who makes what choice.  There will never be an accord reached with people who are so willing to take human life in the name of religion.

It matter, it matter.

If your leaders are too much involved in the economics, and/or religion, it matter a lot.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2004, 03:31:14 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
And you are wrong. Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Acqsa martyrs brigades are all terrorist organizations, they were all trained, armed and funded by the Iraqi government.

Those are your opinons, right?

That is your opinion stop pretending that you are stating a fact. There are several different types of justification, there is legal justification, moral justification, justification from a self-defence perspective etc etc. You have stated your opinion on the matter...fine. Stop pretending to speak for anyone or anything but your own self.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2004, 03:32:14 AM »
Meanwhile, in real life, you spend your time on a BB thrashing the US while looking for excuses for terrorism.

Here we go, another thread going down.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2004, 04:37:42 AM »
yup

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2004, 04:53:44 AM »
If your leaders are too much involved in the economics, and/or religion, it matter a lot.

What do you mean?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2004, 05:46:41 AM »
Originally posted by Naso
Those are your opinons, right?

No, those are facts.

Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Aqcsa martyrs brigades are all on the terrorist-list. Check it out if you dont believe me.

It was official Iraqi policy pre Gulf War 2 to pay 10-20 000 USD to the family of any suicide bomber attacking Israel. Hamas and Al Acqsa martyrs brigades does just that.

Hezbollah operates in Syria and Lebanon, and mostly stage cross border attacks into northern Israel these days.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 05:56:07 AM by Hortlund »

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2004, 05:54:34 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
What do you mean?

I'll tell you if you promise to put down the flamethrower.

:)

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
iraq uprising
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2004, 05:58:51 AM »
This:

Is different than this:

No

Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Aqcsa martyrs brigades are all on the terrorist-list. Check it out if you dont believe me.

It was official Iraqi policy pre Gulf War 2 to pay 10-20 000 USD to the family of any suicide bomber attacking Israel. Hamas and Al Acqsa martyrs brigades does just that.

Hezbollah operates in Syria and Lebanon, and mostly stage cross border attacks into northern Israel these days.

Please choose a position.