Author Topic: Operation "end this week early"  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Operation "end this week early"
« on: May 22, 2004, 11:47:33 PM »
This set bites, lets change it early.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 11:50:32 PM »
cu in beta
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:04:39 AM »
i second that grits this setup sucks

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 12:09:39 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
cu in beta

Yeah, I have been finding myself more and more in the beta arena, there were 60+ in there just now at 12:10 AM, huge furball. Its very close.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 02:06:29 AM »
And it "sucks" because why again? :D

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 04:03:13 AM »
cuz all jap setups suck

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 04:50:42 AM »
Make the CT ETO only and be done with it. I know Im about done with it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 07:35:06 AM »
maybe its the flying distances btwn fights

maybe it the floating ack barges

maybe its the ack huggers once you fly 30 miles to fight unless its 3 to 1 in their favor

maybe its the japs never really had an airforce as compared to the germans, and its tiring to see >85% of it being niks

maybe i suffer from aquaphobia/hydraphobia - all that water, so little land :)

maybe its cause im a dweeb but ill take an eto over a pto any week :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 09:27:16 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
And it "sucks" because why again? :D

One word:

ACK [/COLOR]

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 09:42:45 AM »
AKINAWA
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 10:12:52 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
maybe its the flying distances btwn fights

(but capture one base on the IJ mainland and you'll see Peggies and GVs to beat the band ... all suiciding themselves in a complete frenzy to get it back - and they will. You'll also get to see buttloads of Niks rushing over to make a couple of vulch passes before augering or getting shot down by the FM2s that just got stationed there.)
[/i]
maybe it the floating ack barges

(Is it an issue of the large fleet versus the "standard" sized one? Or is it something about ships altogether? Pac sets will generally have ships ... unless some severe rationalization is involved. The way ack works in AH is universal. The setting, however, isn't. I'm all for turning ack completely off, if need be - and if it could be done. After all, I've seen as much complaining about framerate loss as anything, maybe more. The manables are fine enough. To make up for the Otto crew dying of mass food poisoning, up the fleet hardness to double MA norm.)
[/i]
maybe its the ack huggers once you fly 30 miles to fight unless its 3 to 1 in their favor

(Heh ... once IJ planes fly 30 miles anywhere they're at 25K+. Ninety-nine percent of the time that'll mean they have plenty of alt over their opponents .. well unless all the fleets were sunk again and you have the rare Antarctic bluebird flying north for the summer. Ninety-nine percent of the time, they're Georges. YOU watch 6 to 8 Georges - or hell - 6-8 anything come in at you with 10k alt or more over you and see if YOU don't start double checking for possible safe refuge. Even the rare solo - but actually well flown - high alt IJ plane ... any brand .... can make all below rethink their options. ;))
[/i]
maybe its the japs never really had an airforce as compared to the germans, and its tiring to see >85% of it being niks

(The Niks are there to keep the awesome and deadly F4U at bay. I'm all for it. Ninety percent of the Nik drivers try to fly it like a Zeke .... even when they're facing F6Fs and FM2s. And it seems some A6M5 drivers like to think they're flying at a severe disadvantage even when it's a 1v1 turnfight. That's irony for ya. Seems some of the smartest and best IJ pilots are the dedicated Tony drivers.)
[/i]
maybe i suffer from aquaphobia/hydraphobia - all that water, so little land :)

(Sounds like a personal problem. :))
[/i]
maybe its cause im a dweeb but ill take an eto over a pto any week :)

(Then you'll love the good news about the priority given ETO over PTO in the upcoming TOD. :D)
[/i]

On a personal note.

I see all the extreme gnashing of teeth going on here. I, myself, have supported each and everyone's personal pet favorites here and I'm sure it's no secret what my own preference is. I have, however, had fun practically every night I've ever flown in the CT. Might I pass on my secret?

1: See everything as a challenge. The greater the challenge, the greater the thrill potential when you overcome it ... even accidently.

2: ALLOW yourself to immerse. I don't care if it takes an hour of meditation before logging on to convince yourself that the setup actually could have possibly happened and probably even did in an alternate mirror universe where Kirk was evil yet evil Spock was still painfully logical. If that doesn't work ... go fly the pizza. You'll probably be ready for whatever's running in the CT within less than an hour.

3: ACCEPT that there really is no way to balance a setup without it involving the exact same planes on both/all sides and a pizza style map.

4: Fly at least one night (or even hour) on the other side to actually gain a complete perspective. Warning: this can become addictive and your friends that stay "dedicated to their cause" may brand you a "traitor" if they see you do it more than once. Oh .... staff should be required to fly both sides of their setups extensively the first time it runs and perhaps each time they change it's layout.

5: As my old buddy Grits would say .. "Screw balance ... just fly." When them same old feelings creep in and suddenly you start to feel miserable instead of having fun (and I think we all'd like to think that we're here for the latter and not the former) - then take a short break and reassess the situation ... even if it takes logging off to do it.

6: If all else fails .... laugh at everyone else beeching and moaning and suddenly you may become sincere about it. Sometimes laughing first will reveal how funny the situation really is and put things back to a somewhat reasonable perspective. Then have fun whether you kill her or she kills you. :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 10:29:47 AM by Arlo »

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 11:24:02 AM »
Originally posted by DJ111
AKINAWA
HELLIAWA
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 11:37:31 AM »
There is only one solution to all this..............BEER!:D
Duke

Offline AcePappy

• Zinc Member
This Sucks!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 11:39:04 AM »
I Agree with Rafe35 and Grits, along with TK... I would kill for a ETO over a crappy dud-like PTO ANY week of the year, and every year, PTO's are just not interesting. Just end this week early and get back into ETO's. like Battle of Bastogne for instiace? or something with the LW vs VVS. that could do it as well, on the kurlan map, or some other winter map, i dunnnno, just something that is ETO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2004, 11:50:34 AM »
I'm sorry Corsairs never worked out for you, Acepappy. I see the transformation is complete. It kinda saddens me. Anyhoo. Here's to you finding happiness somehow. :D