Author Topic: Rumsfeld bans cameras in Irak-prisons.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Rumsfeld bans cameras in Irak-prisons.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2004, 11:27:19 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu
"We don't think they're protected by the geneva convention, but we can tell others they're breaking the geneva convention rules."

Tell ya what when they fly a couple of jumbo jets into downtown Helsinki  then your opnion might mean something .
Otherwise It's just more Gas escaping from europe.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2004, 11:28:23 PM »
If I were he, I'd clean up that mess and then make it manditory that all guards posess cameras.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2004, 11:36:38 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
If I were he, I'd clean up that mess and then make it manditory that all guards posess cameras.

Better yet install cams in the prison .
And any soldier found acting like a fool will be sent to Levenworth for min 5 years.

That might get the message though.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2004, 12:05:36 AM »
Originally posted by txmx
Oh BOO freekin HOO!
I am getting soo freekin tired of hearing had badly these murdering scumbags were treated in PRISON.

Was there treatment wrong ? Hell yes it was very stupid and unprofessional and the guilty are being punished .

But to keep going on and on because they were forced to play neeked twister for crying out loud.

Atleast they where not having electrodes hooked up to there nutt sacs !

People we aint talking about poor old victims of war here .
We are talking about the murdering stunninghunks who if given half a chance would shoot our guys in the back!

So if they were embarASSed alittle get freekin over it .

you think the pics you saw on the evening new was the worst of it?

in the pic of the hooded guy on the crate, he did have electrodes hooked to him.

some of these prisoners were beaten to death.

and again-  none of them had been convicted of anything, and the last I heard about 90% were released after the most basic of investigations of their charges.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2004, 12:16:05 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy

and the last I heard about 90% were released after the most basic of investigations of their charges.

Yeah they let em go to shut everyone up and hope the whole dern thing just goes away.
And the electrodes were not hooked up to anything.

And From what IO read most if not all of the deaths werfe because of riots  and the guards had to use deadly force.

Again we are not dealing with the nicest of people here folks.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2004, 12:19:47 AM »
Yeah they let em go to shut everyone up and hope the whole dern thing just goes away.

And From what IO read most if not all of the deaths werfe because of riots  and the guards had to use deadly force.

Do you not read the reports of what goes on there? Multiple homocide investigations, tapes of troops beating naked POWs, and lets not for get the sodomy.. lots of sodomy.
The best part is 90 percent of the iraqis in that prision were arrested for just being a male iraqi. You make Jesus cry when you appologize for torture.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2004, 12:26:32 AM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
Do you not read the reports of what goes on there? Multiple homocide investigations, tapes of troops beating naked POWs, and lets not for get the sodomy.. lots of sodomy.
The best part is 90 percent of the iraqis in that prision were arrested for just being a male iraqi. You make Jesus cry when you appologize for torture.

And you believe everything you read do you?

Said it before : believe nothing you read and only half of what you see.

The only people that really kknow what happend there was the people there .

And it wernt you or me or CNN.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2004, 12:27:41 AM »
And you believe everything you read do you?

Said it before : believe nothing you read and only half of what you see.

The only people that really kknow what happend there was the people there .

And it wernt you or me or CNN.

Yes, and do you want to know why? THEY HAVE PICTURES AND VIDEO TAPE. SENATORS HAVE MADE STATEMENTS VARIFYING THESE THINGS ARE GOING ON. Read a newspaper.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2004, 12:31:15 AM »
Yes, and do you want to know why? THEY HAVE PICTURES AND VIDEO TAPE. SENATORS HAVE MADE STATEMENTS VARIFYING THESE THINGS ARE GOING ON. Read a newspaper.

LOL and senators never lie!
Well theres Teddy Kennedy now theres a tower of the truth for ya :rofl

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2004, 12:33:45 AM »
and lets not for get the sodomy.. lots of sodomy.

I bet most of it was them doing it to each other too .
I have a hard time believeing that any American would even want to get that close to them.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2004, 12:34:55 AM »
LOL and senators never lie!
Well theres Teddy Kennedy now theres a tower of the truth for ya :rofl

Yes all 50 of them are lieing. It is one big conspirasy to discredit the military. The pentagon also is lieing, their statements cannot be trusted. That video of the trooper beating the **** out of a naked iraqi that is going around is just really good CGI. This is just one big conspirasy set up by the powers at be, and only the mp that said he was under orders to sodomize the prisoners knows what is really going down.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2004, 12:38:44 AM »

the 90% release was before this story broke.  these people were mostly rounded up for being male of fighting age and in an area where trouble had broken out (kinda like your neighbor resists arrest and they decide to take you along too, since you are of an age that you could have been involved if you'd have wanted to)

and the last I hear of the deaths (this is from memory of the hearings on c-span, I may get some numbers wrong) they were investigating about a dozen, one or two were from escape attempts and the like, 2 or 3 where found to be suicide and the rest were listed as homicides.  again I don't remember the exact numbers in each category but I do recall being shocked that more than 50% where homicides.   for most the cause of death was being beaten to death.

don't suppose you have a quote (from any of the investigators) that says most of the deaths were from riots.  cause that's sure not what witnesses were telling congress in the last few weeks (Taguba IIRC).  if you could share that source with Rumsfeld it might really help him out right about now.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2004, 12:39:59 AM »
This article is just full of lies, no matter what information from the government it was based on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/24/politics/24ABUS.html?ex=1085976000&en=7291def92f884351&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

A military intelligence unit that oversaw interrogations at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq was also in charge of questioning at a detention center in Afghanistan where two prisoners died in December 2002 in incidents that are being investigated as homicides.

For both of the Afghan prisoners, who died in a center known as the Bagram Collection Point, the cause of death listed on certificates signed by American pathologists included blunt force injuries to their legs. Interrogations at the center were supervised by Company A, 519th Military Intelligence Battalion, which moved on early in 2003 to Iraq, where some of its members were assigned to the Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center at Abu Ghraib. Its service in Afghanistan was known, but its work at Bagram at the time of the deaths has now emerged in interviews with former prisoners, military officials and from documents.

Two men arrested with one of the prisoners who died in the Bagram Detention Center that month said in southeastern Afghanistan on Sunday that they were tortured and sexually humiliated by their American jailers; they said they were held in isolation cells, black hoods were placed over their heads, and their hands at times were chained to the ceiling. "The 10 days that we had was a very bad time," said Zakim Shah, a 20-year-old farmer and a father of two who said he felt he would not survive at times. "We are very lucky." The account provided by the two men was consistent with those of other former Afghan prisoners, including those interviewed by The New York Times and cited in reports by human rights officials.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2004, 12:42:33 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
the 90% release was before this story broke.  these people were mostly rounded up for being male of fighting age and in an area where trouble had broken out (kinda like your neighbor resists arrest and they decide to take you along too, since you are of an age that you could have been involved if you'd have wanted to)

and the last I hear of the deaths (this is from memory of the hearings on c-span, I may get some numbers wrong) they were investigating about a dozen, one or two were from escape attempts and the like, 2 or 3 where found to be suicide and the rest were listed as homicides.  again I don't remember the exact numbers in each category but I do recall being shocked that more than 50% where homicides.   for most the cause of death was being beaten to death.

don't suppose you have a quote (from any of the investigators) that says most of the deaths were from riots.  cause that's sure not what witnesses were telling congress in the last few weeks (Taguba IIRC).  if you could share that source with Rumsfeld it might really help him out right about now.

For whatever reason txmx loves to justify the torture that went on. Just another example of his high christian morles, and the fact he does not see the iraqis as humans.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2004, 12:59:54 AM »
it stuns me as a Christian, to see others who profess to be Christians, but are OK with things like torture, murder, killing in the name of revenge, cutting social programs for the unfortunate, and the like.

how a man can be Christian and justify the support of such things with their beliefs leaves me at a loss.  I see a lot who seem to pull it off, but I just can't do it myself, nor understand how they manage it.