Author Topic: Pilot Physiology Model in AH2  (Read 3366 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Pilot Physiology Model in AH2
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2004, 09:49:48 AM »
Ill fix the auto  thing that was an oversight.

HiTech

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2004, 10:10:56 AM »
Originally posted by hitech

WTG HT!

I think we'll be seeing a few more spitfires (easiest plane to blackout in) augering around here soon :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2004, 12:29:52 PM »

HiTech

Well if it's no major thing. Personally, I think being unconscious and level while the other guy shoots me or unconscious and plowing into the ground are equally bad from the recipiant's end.

Stuka pilots will bring up the plane's ability to pull itself out of a dive probably.

I'm good either way.

But thanks still.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 12:37:10 PM by Arlo »

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »
Arlo,

What makes the AH physiological model unrealistic is there is NO penalty for entering the black.  You can fly for quite a long time totally blacked out  AND in control.   Any pilot in AH can fly in the black, do a 180 roll and reverse their turn.  It is easy try it and check out your film.

Yes in real life pilots can enter the black and still control the plane.  However it is extremely disorietating riding the grey zone for any length of time and real pilots will immediately back off if their vision goes totally black for even a split second.  No fighter pilot rides the black like we can do in AH.  Bottom line.

Since a computer sim limits us on our "disorientation" options then it becomes more realistic to ride the grey and never hit the black OR overcome the inherent advantages sitting at a computer gives us by placing penalties that escalate in severity each time you do.

Crumpp

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2004, 09:15:52 PM »
If your looking for that disoriented feeling, go get your self a real plane and go do the funky chicken till you crash, ITS A GAME  for crying out loud !!!

You want real life, go get one, as for a sim, I think HT and crew give a great game to play and enjoy ourselves.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2004, 09:43:34 PM »
Personally, I liked the Air Warrior Full Realism mode. Aces High is too forgiving. I'd like to see blackouts modeled aka Air Warrior FR.

I admit I would be in the minority. AW FR had 1/5th the players that AW Relaxed Realism had. But the best flew in FR!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2004, 12:43:54 AM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Arlo,

What makes the AH physiological model unrealistic is there is NO penalty for entering the black.  You can fly for quite a long time totally blacked out  AND in control.   Any pilot in AH can fly in the black, do a 180 roll and reverse their turn.  It is easy try it and check out your film.

Yes in real life pilots can enter the black and still control the plane.  However it is extremely disorietating riding the grey zone for any length of time and real pilots will immediately back off if their vision goes totally black for even a split second.  No fighter pilot rides the black like we can do in AH.  Bottom line.

Since a computer sim limits us on our "disorientation" options then it becomes more realistic to ride the grey and never hit the black OR overcome the inherent advantages sitting at a computer gives us by placing penalties that escalate in severity each time you do.

Crumpp

I tell ya what. You fly around me with a blacked out screen and we'll see exactly how oriented you are. ;)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2004, 03:24:15 AM »
Sure Arlo,

Right now I use hitting the black unrealistically to escape or get into an attacking position quite frequently.  It's called gaming the game and it is common practice.  I've turned my FW-190 though 90 degree turns  with a roll reversal blacked out to escape a spit attack.  Works like a charm.  Just like hitting the "x" to autopilot....

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2004, 08:09:01 AM »
You're K/D ratio vs the Spitfire doesn't look charmed. :D

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2004, 11:28:38 AM »
Time Warner has been fixing my cable connection for the last three months.  Before that Arlo I was back over in the Sandbox playing with my Extremist friends.

So I'm alittle out of practice.

:)

Crumpp

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2004, 11:45:32 AM »
Have fixed a few over sights, and changed some values for the next AHII patch.

Values it used to take 5 secs of black out time to become unconsious. It will now take 3.

The 3 secs is not a messure of a single black out time but wrather a fatigue factor. It is accumlated when ever you are in full black out. It drains at the rate of 0.1 sec for every sec you are not blacked out.So if you accumlated 2 secs of black out it would take 20 secs to be back to square 1. With 5 secs of black out it used to drain at a rate of 0.25 secs per sec. Once unconsious you will remain so for 10 secs, that value has not changed.

Other fixed oversights, throttle, and auto pilot engaging are now disabled if you are unconsious from either wound or accumlated black out.

HiTech

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2004, 11:58:37 AM »
WTG HiTech !
:aok

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2004, 12:27:46 PM »
Have fixed a few over sights, and changed some values for the next AHII patch.

Values it used to take 5 secs of black out time to become unconsious. It will now take 3.

The 3 secs is not a messure of a single black out time but wrather a fatigue factor. It is accumlated when ever you are in full black out. It drains at the rate of 0.1 sec for every sec you are not blacked out.So if you accumlated 2 secs of black out it would take 20 secs to be back to square 1. With 5 secs of black out it used to drain at a rate of 0.25 secs per sec. Once unconsious you will remain so for 10 secs, that value has not changed.

Other fixed oversights, throttle, and auto pilot engaging are now disabled if you are unconsious from either wound or accumlated black out.

HiTech

That doesn't bode well for our hero!

i might actually have to learn to fly now:confused:
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2004, 12:34:12 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Time Warner has been fixing my cable connection for the last three months.  Before that Arlo I was back over in the Sandbox playing with my Extremist friends.

So I'm alittle out of practice.

:)

Crumpp

It's not your skill so much as your misperception about how flying in a blacked out condition supposedly doesn't involve disorientation whatsoever. Even if you've learned to roll and come out of it on a consistant heading change you are still receiving no visual feedback during the maneuver. As a general rule, using blackouts in Aces High as a defensive tactic is dangerously flawed.

Remember when you voiced your curiousity in the CT one night about how someone was able to "follow" you and kill you when you were blacked out? Most everyone found it amusing and some of us responded with catch word/phrases without going into detail ("angle of attack", "velocity", "position". etc). It appeared you assumed that because you had blacked out so had your opponent.

Now you're campaigning for the blackout model to include additional penalties such as reduced stick function while not yet crossing the unconscious threshold. That isn't going to make things better/easier for you. It really wouldn't enhance the game at all.

Still, as a result of this thread, HT has adjusted both the time to unconsiousness threshold and has disabled the autopilot and throttle function for not only g-force unconsciousness but wound unconsciousness. In the first case it won't hurt skilled pilots much if any. In the second .... getting back wounded is gonna become a very rare thing indeed (unless we're able to hit the ap before we completely zzzzzzzzzzz and it stays on).

Now if only I had a first aid kit available in the cockpit. :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:37:06 PM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2004, 12:35:43 PM »
oops wrong button. :D