Author Topic: Pilot Physiology Model in AH2  (Read 3365 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pilot Physiology Model in AH2
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2004, 12:40:29 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Have fixed a few over sights, and changed some values for the next AHII patch.

Values it used to take 5 secs of black out time to become unconsious. It will now take 3.

The 3 secs is not a messure of a single black out time but wrather a fatigue factor. It is accumlated when ever you are in full black out. It drains at the rate of 0.1 sec for every sec you are not blacked out.So if you accumlated 2 secs of black out it would take 20 secs to be back to square 1. With 5 secs of black out it used to drain at a rate of 0.25 secs per sec. Once unconsious you will remain so for 10 secs, that value has not changed.

Other fixed oversights, throttle, and auto pilot engaging are now disabled if you are unconsious from either wound or accumlated black out.

HiTech

Nice HT !!! I like it ... I think.

This ought to prove to be interesting.

I am buying stock in cheese companys, cause the whine will be flowing like rivers when the masses run into this.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2004, 06:18:45 PM »
It all sounds good to me, the "cumulative" factor is what I was talking about early in this thread. But th milion dollar question is...

If autopilot is activated BEFORE the blackout begins does it stay engaged?

I would assume so, but you know what they say about ass-u-me'ing.

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2004, 09:36:32 PM »
Just checked it out offline.  It's a lot more realistic!

Thanks Again Hitech!

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2004, 09:39:19 PM »
No I don't remember that Arlo. Sorry

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2004, 09:45:21 PM »
That's ok. It's something I'd wanna forget too. NP tho. I find the new Blackout model fascinating. Seems this thread made a dramatic change to AH. I'm glad it was a simple and easy project. Now HT and company can go back to working on my SCW planeset. :D

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2004, 09:46:57 PM »
I wonder if you get your "seconds" back after a while? Long flights back to base, rearm and return should give ample time for a fatigued pilot to regain his strength, should it not?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2004, 11:08:32 PM »
Yes you do Gsholz...

Hitech stated that you gain your "fatique factor" back at a rate of .1 seconds for every something or other...Ill quote and put below....

Originally posted by HiTech...

The 3 secs is not a messure of a single black out time but wrather a fatigue factor. It is accumlated when ever you are in full black out. It drains at the rate of 0.1 sec for every sec you are not blacked out.So if you accumlated 2 secs of black out it would take 20 secs to be back to square 1. With 5 secs of black out it used to drain at a rate of 0.25 secs per sec. Once unconsious you will remain so for 10 secs, that value has not changed.

There...now thats better!  I have tried it...seems to be modeled as such without getting the stopwatch out!

Regards

:)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2004, 02:58:44 PM »
Hey Arlo,

Give me your address and I will send you some pacifiers.  My 2 year old daughter doesn't need her's anymore.  It will help ease the adjustment to your flying style.

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2004, 03:08:20 PM »
Are you still typing? I'm sorry. :D

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2004, 03:53:26 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
There...now thats better!  I have tried it...seems to be modeled as such without getting the stopwatch out!

Cool, thanks for clearing it up Gutboy! I missed HTs post.

I have to admit I was getting worried there, even though I was a proponent of the accumulation factor. I fly sorties that are over an hour long fairly often. I could see hitting the 3 second accumulation after only picking a few cherries :D

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2004, 04:56:50 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
Cool, thanks for clearing it up Gutboy! I missed HTs post.

I fly sorties that are over an hour long fairly often. I could see hitting the 3 second accumulation after only picking a few cherries :D

ahh, another cherry-pickin alt monkey  :p