Author Topic: What's your dream car?  (Read 1454 times)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2004, 03:34:42 AM »

Ferrari 575M Maranello

McDonnell Douglas A-4K Skyhawk

P-51

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2004, 03:54:46 AM »
Well, since we're dreaming.......

Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2004, 04:01:52 AM »
Monteverdi hai 450 SS

Offline Spooky

• Copper Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2004, 04:55:46 AM »

68 Corvette Stingray ! almost brought one back from the US to France, I still regret to this day I didn't !

I drive a funky Mini instead !

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2004, 06:26:18 AM »

We were talking about "dream" rides, right?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 06:31:42 AM by DiabloTX »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2004, 06:30:51 AM »
I'd settle for just the money you'd all pay in insurances :D

Daniel

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2004, 07:27:31 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
snip
1964 Impala SS 409-425HP (had that one in school, couldn't afford the gas @ 6 MPG)

While I was still in the car repair bidness, I had a 1963 convertible Impala SS with that dual-quad 409 setup as part of my clientele. Sweet car.

Funny story, the guy bought it (restored) at a car show in Pennsylvania, and had it shipped here. Thing is, he lives across the river in Mexico (Reynosa, Tamaulipas). He didn't plan ahead enough to have it registered by the time it got here.

So, *REALLY* hot to take it home to the hood and show it off, instead of storing it until he could get plates, he took plates off his driver and put 'em on his dream toy.

And proceeded to try to drive across through Mexican customs :)

Anyone who knows how Mexicans are knows they *LIKE* cars. The guy pulling this handsomehunk stunt is a prime example. He shoulda thought this through, LOL! Of *COURSE* this shiny fire engine red convertible with white leather interior in immaculate condition attracted interest. It took 'em about 15 seconds to figure out the plates belonged to a 1989 Taurus :)

So Jaime's heart is crushed as he watches them take the keys from his hand and drive it to the impound yard (ROTFLMAO at the thought of the look on his face!)

Good thing he was one of the elite in that city, and thus knew exactly whjich judge to go grease. It only cost him a couple of thousand $$$ to get his car back - pretty expensive bridge toll, eh?

Will have a brand new $75K  Superformance Cobra in the shop
next week. The 600HP 427 Windsor goes on the dyno Thursday. The engine is around $22K, including the polishing and powdercoating. Customer bought a $75K trailer to keep it in because his wife keeps her cars in the garage.

Now that would be a dream car for me. Even better, same engine in a GT40 chassis. Wow. Shades of Le Mans 1966! (Ford = First On Race Day, bay-bee! ;)

I'd also kinda like to have one of these for a daily driver. I actually did have one for about 3 years, sold it in 1980. It was pretty damned fast for an automatic-transmission air-conditioned comfy ride. I never found a place to open it up, got it to 140mph a few times before I chickened out and was only at 5200rpm - could turn 7500rpm in lower gears, do the math - it did low 14s @100mph in the 1/4, 6300rpm in second gear at the trap. That was all stock except for the .030 I cut off the heads and the valve springs for a 67 model 389 Tri-power I installed.

1971 Trans Am 455HO

I kick myself in the bellybutton for selling it every time this kinda discussion comes up :p

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

storch

What's your dream car?
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2004, 07:48:17 AM »
1999 Toyota Tacoma with an aluminum tool box and a custom made overhead gate rack.  The car I drive.  Oh and what Cyrano said.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2004, 08:12:49 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
lol, Delorean....what an ugly piece of garbage.

It looks like a 1980's Toyota or nissan watermelon box with gull wing doors

Not only butt-ugly, but a serious piece of crap-built car. I had a few of 'em as clientele back in the '80s. It used a gutless little Volvo V6 engine for power, wasn't even turbocharged - the Toyota's yer talkin here would out-run it :)

Hell, some of the interior was built with freakin PLYWOOD for crissake :\

culero (anyone wanna buy an official Delorean repair manual?)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2004, 08:14:01 AM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
The  Delorean

I would drive it 88mph everywhere i went.

Because that's about as fast as it would go :)

culero

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 08:29:05 AM »
I would take an old Austin Healey 100 of about 1955 vintage and stuff a small block Chevy in it for about 400 hp... next year I think i'm gonna pull the 4 speed and stuff in a 6 speed.

capt..  I love the '53 stude.    Allways wanted one of them.

The only car I ever really regret getting rid of was my 59 vette.   They make a chassis for the old vettes now that is all C5 vette suspension.

my 69 chevelle is an el camino with a 468 and 6 speed  and vintage air system.

friend of mine has a lotus super 7 with a 4 banger ford in it that is about 120 hp I guess.. it is a pretty bare bones car but handles well and accelerates ok.

lazs

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2004, 11:36:22 AM »
isn't this sweet? New Bugatti EB118

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2004, 12:25:13 PM »
Yowser, now, this is a car!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2004, 12:54:37 PM »

or

or...

Noble M12

Performance  
Maximum Speed:170mph
0-60mph:3.7 seconds
60-0mph:38.2 metres
0-100mph:8.8 seconds
Lateral grip:1.156g

http://www.noblecars.com/new-noble-site/images/phil-bennett.mpeg

« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 12:57:15 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2004, 01:11:02 PM »
Im a simple man. I have simple needs.