Author Topic: Saw moors film  (Read 4393 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Its certainly easy to make it confusing.
The blacks that where illegaly struck off the voters lists because they had the same last name as an ex felon though..thats not confusing at all. And the Bush brothers are setting up to do it again. The republicans are trying to get the same technology going in other states for November.
This year there will be electronic voting devices..they dont leave any inconvientent paper behind to get recounted. Your state attourney general can just
"Delete * from votes where voter race = 'the enemy'" and there they go!
So there will be more controversy. But less proof.

So all elections are run by evil republicans in every state? Great!  With Arnie as the governator Bush should have no trouble in California! Yikes, New York has a republican governor too! Notch another big red state right there!!! Woohoo!!!

What happens to your theory if Kerry wins the election according to us law?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 09:18:14 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2004, 09:38:19 AM »
You have exagerated what I said. I guess your comfortable with that.  Other states will implement the same technology to cull voters lists electronically. States will implement electroninc voting terminals that just register your vote in a database.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2004, 09:48:57 AM »
You have exagerated what I said. I guess your comfortable with that.  Other states will implement the same technology to cull voters lists electronically. States will implement electroninc voting terminals that just register your vote in a database.

Of course I have exxagerated it, though not by much since your post is pretty out there and full of paranoia and it desrved some exaggerataion.

But no offense intended.

I guess the question I must ask is, where is the democratic party and democratic election officials in all of this? They are just gonna let this happend, on a bigger scale too?

And of course what happens to this theory of yours if Kerry becomes the next president?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2004, 09:57:51 AM »
I hope they are learning from it and finding ways to illegaly cut neo con voters off the voters list. Apperently its ok to do that.
I never guerrenteed that it would work for bush. Only that it would be tried again. He  won by 470 votes last time and illegaly had over 20 000 votes discounted or not able to be cast.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2004, 10:00:07 AM »
I hope they are learning from it and finding ways to illegaly cut neo con voters off the voters list. Apperently its ok to do that.
I never guerrenteed that it would work for bush. Only that it would be tried again. He  won by 470 votes last time and illegaly had over 20 000 votes discounted or not able to be cast.

Wow what a scary picture you paint Pongo, well, more reason for me not to vote!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Saw moors film
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2004, 10:02:26 AM »
I caught a news story a couple days ago. (it was from Illinois or Ohio, IIRC)

this guy works for the company that supplies these computer voting machines, was also a major supporter of Bush (to the point where he had face to face meetings).

so the state was going to bring in his machines for the election in November and the guy promises Bush that "he can deliver" the state to him in November.

I wish I had paid more attention to it at the time.  in the end the guys employer required him to resign from the Bush campaign due to the conflict of interest.  I'm not sure what that would accomplish other than helping with the appearance of conflict, if he had intended to artificially effect the election, this would do nothing to interfere with those plans.

I'd think the guy shouldn't be allowed to have anything to do with the machines.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Saw moors film
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2004, 11:20:21 AM »
It wasn't just 'some guy', it was the CEO of Diebold, the company that makes the voting machines.  

That uncomfortable situation was rather dramatically underlined when Walden "Wally" O'Dell, chairman and CEO of Diebold Election Systems and a Bush campaign "Pioneer" (meaning he raised at least $100,000), wrote in a 2003 fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president."
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2004, 11:30:10 AM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
If I can't find evidence that contradicts Moore then the burden of proof is on those that support his claims.

Diablo, if you (or others) can't find evidence that contradicts Moore then there is no proof needed to support Moore's claim. There are no other circumstances that it could/should be otherwise.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2004, 11:33:28 AM »
Now that sure sounds sinister how this guy is:

"committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president."

Of course this could only mean that he will rig the machines he sells to favor Bush - thus risking his whole company anf his freedom.  

In no way could it be possible that O'Dell, an Ohio resident would be excercizing his right as a citizen to campaign for political candidates he supports.

Nah, how far fetched, not to mention mundane. The whole stealing the election thing is way more secksie, yeahhh...

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2004, 11:36:52 AM »
My son said he realized who the audience for this movie was at the beginning when the whole theatre errupted in laughter at the sight of politicians putting on makeup for television appearances. :confused:
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2004, 12:17:42 PM »
I gotta admit the whole Diebold deal makes me nervous. With these electronic ballots there is no paper back-up.

Thank God we all are familiar with computers and programs. We all know that computers never crash and there is absolutely no need to have any form of backup.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2004, 12:51:56 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
My son said he realized who the audience for this movie was at the beginning when the whole theatre errupted in laughter at the sight of politicians putting on makeup for television appearances. :confused:

Did anyone suck on his comb before using it?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2004, 01:15:05 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Nonsense.  It's much easier to prove a negative than to disprove a negative.  Welcome to the wonderful world of positivism and null hypotheses.  My contribution to this debate is to call you on such a silly debating tactic.

Null hypothesis:  Michael Moore tells the truth at all times.

Alternative Hypothesis:  Michael Moore does not tell the truth at all times.

Proceed from there.  Go forth, m'boy, and make a fool of Nash!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Statsman strikes again. :D
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2004, 01:23:20 PM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
Did anyone suck on his comb before using it?

Huh?

While he did find the film to be funny on some occasions he felt that overall it was pretty stupid and unfunny. I'll watch it (at least as much as I can stomach) when it comes to HBO. The part where I'll likely throw a few choice epithets Moore's way and turn it off is when he attempts to make the US soldiers look like a bunch of thugs and murderers.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »
But Toad mentioned that several posts ago...please try to keep up.

Screw you.  I was responding to Nash, not reading what others were offering.   Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 07:11:22 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve