Author Topic: USA Bashing  (Read 2391 times)

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
USA Bashing
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2004, 08:04:05 PM »
Well I have thought about my outburst.What I am going to say most likely doesnt matter to anyone but it does to me.
 Reading the quotes from the democract leaders and knowing what they are saying now,not to mention the pass they are getting from the media really made me angry.I was going to talk to my kids[ guess they are no longer kids and dont listen any way lol] I remember a book I read about ww1 I think. The young soldier was asked something[dont remember] but his answer was, [ the few have always fought for the many]. Most of what I said went against  what I believe in.Since no 1 in here will ever know who I am i will say this,I became afraid for my 2 boys,some memories came back and I felt totally helpless against such deceit.But if I turn my back on the good just to spite the bad then what am I.I asked[ who is watching out for those in the military?]

Well if I told my sons what I wanted to that night[thank God they dont live at home] or told them to run to canada, would I be looking out for the military and the other half of America that is not yet blind,NO.
  So I am sorry for the out burst,I love America and the hope she gives to many, and as for me and my family,we will not turn our back on America.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
USA Bashing
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2004, 11:28:34 PM »
Curval I have know idea if you were witness to this:

At last year's con (in the hallway) DmdBen (from Germany) was being pounced (verbally) on by a person (cannot remember his name).   Ben was being  persecuted for Germany's lack of "pitching in" on the "war on Terrorism".  I listened to this guy grill Ben for about five minutes.  I replied "You realize why other countries consider us prettythangholes?"  We're at a frigging Aces High Convention and you have to spew politics?  People are here to get away from the BS.  Furthermore, how do you know if Ben voted for Helmut Kohl?  You don't do you?".   He finally shut up, and went back into the con room.  I know a tad of German, but had DmdKeg tell him to ignore this guy.  DmdBen was instantly reminded of a bad scuffle in Frankfurt.  

Most of you will flame for posting this but you know what?  If you dish it out, fuggin nut up and take it.  I can give a rat's prettythang if someone hates the United States of America, because I love this country.  But I sure as heck am not gonna trounce on someone for being from another country.   It's a chickenchit thing to do.  

Btw Curval, had I not been so liqoured up, we could have chatted more.  In 2 years, we'l catch up.  I still enjoyed joking around with you.  Ignore these guys, some people just figure the louder they yell, the more you should have agree with them.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
USA Bashing
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2004, 11:33:04 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
If you dish it out, fuggin nut up and take it.

fdamn straight!

Good post.... woulda been better if ya'd name names... but that's getting picky. :)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
USA Bashing
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2004, 07:29:05 AM »
Good post Mash.

I didn't even hear about this incident.  DmdBen is a great guy and certainly didn't deserve that nonsense.  DmdKeg was supposed to come to Bermuda at some point, but I know he was busy as heck with his career etc.  Incredible that someone attacked one of the Dammed at a Con that they, as a group, organised.  

I'm sure you must know this by now, but I love the US too.  Not in the same way you do, as I wasn't born there, but I have spent a great deal of time in your country and even attended schools in New Hampshire and Rochester, New York.

I just don't like this "We rule the world and your countries don't matter" attitude that many of the posters here foster.

It is stupid and I delight in showing these idiots just how stupid they are.  My posts are not an attack on the US...they are an attack against stupidity.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
USA Bashing
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2004, 10:23:57 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
My posts are not an attack on the US...they are an attack against stupidity.
Same thing, isn't it?

Muhahahahaha! :lol Just kidding! :D

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
USA Bashing
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2004, 11:00:31 AM »
I just don't like this "We rule the world and your countries don't matter" attitude that many of the posters here foster.

Truth hurts dont it!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"