Author Topic: Air field Fuel Targets (Porking fuel)  (Read 3232 times)

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
Air field Fuel Targets (Porking fuel)
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2004, 12:08:26 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
sorry ?
How is it possible , I don't understand :confused:

I thought you were doing some test flying, I guess not.

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2004, 05:42:26 PM »
sorry ?
How is it possible , I don't understand :confused:

Or do you mean how is it possible that the fuel is less than what it use to be?  If that is the question the burn rate for aircraft has changed from 1.5 to 2.0,  33% Faster than what it use to be.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2004, 05:56:14 PM »
Originally posted by JRCrow
Or do you mean how is it possible that the fuel is less than what it use to be?  If that is the question the burn rate for aircraft has changed from 1.5 to 2.0,  33% Faster than what it use to be.

Depend how are you testing, in AHI altitude didn't change the consumption only manifold had influence.

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2004, 07:02:46 PM »
Depend how are you testing, in AHI altitude didn't change the consumption only manifold had influence.

Yes mostly manifold pressure and RPMs to a degree, effect Flight time and Range.  I use to use them alot.  Now settings are given to you.  Take alot of the guess work out.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2004, 05:38:29 AM »
So with that rational barracks get porked allt he time and there is nothing you can do to stop it so lets remove it too.

Reread the entire thread again, until you understand. The consequences of barrack busting and fuel busting is very different.

While both end up in an essentially simular final result, the process is entirely different.

You, imply that the differences in the process of one method to the other, should be simply viewed as another variety of attack method - which is untrue.

Simply put, again, until you understand, in a gameplay perspective the fuel object has inherent problems in regards to its high, penalizing attritional value.

Your proposal to increase fuel objects ten-fold is essentially meaningless also.

In order to understand this, you must realize a better solution would be rather to increase fuel bunker durability to 10 fold.

* Having 4 fuel bunkers 10 times as tougher, is better than having 10 more flimsy fuel bunkers

If you understand why this is so(which I don't feel like explaining to you since you are unable to comprehend what we've been saying all along), you'll get the meaning of what Karnak says when he mentions "the effect was far, far beyond reasonable for the ammount of effort it took to accomplish". Or, when I say "the risk to effect ratio is far too unbalanced"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2004, 08:53:53 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
That is where you strategery guys are all wrong.  There is a whole lot of intellectual aspects of fighting en-mass and you have to do it a lightning speed.

To be successful in a furball, you have to Calculate and consider many things.  These are just a few...

1)  You have to think about how you are going to enter it, to maximize your killing ability without sacrificing your survivability.  

This means looking at how the furball is moving, looking at where the cherry pickers are and what way they are moving and looking at what your teammates are doing.

2)  You have to identify and think about the fast moving targets from the slow targets.

3) You have to identify and weight the planes and how much of a threat they are in the situation you are flying into.

4) You have to think about your egress.

On top of all this you have to make these decisions with split second timing.  One wrong decision and you are dead.  You have to constantly rethink these things as the furball progresses.

One of the biggest mistakes non furball types make is believing that furballing is a mindless pursuit.  It might be for the many people that have very little experience or idea about how to survive and scoring kills in one but for the ones that are successful there is a lot going on.  

As for 1 v 1 the factors are different but there is still alot to think about.  

Most of this temporal processing takes place so fast that some may think there is nothing going on there, but then I would venture a guess that they are not very good at this game yet and still have a lot to learn about Air Combat.

Nice list, players new to the game need to read this. I would also like to add you must remain flexible at all times. Switching targets is extremely important. Don't get fixated on one target just becuase you got some lead in him. This is especially important if you are in a plane that lacks good sustained turnrate performance.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2004, 11:21:05 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
Reread the entire thread again, until you understand. The consequences of barrack busting and fuel busting is very different.

While both end up in an essentially simular final result, the process is entirely different.

You, imply that the differences in the process of one method to the other, should be simply viewed as another variety of attack method - which is untrue.

Simply put, again, until you understand, in a gameplay perspective the fuel object has inherent problems in regards to its high, penalizing attritional value.

Your proposal to increase fuel objects ten-fold is essentially meaningless also.

In order to understand this, you must realize a better solution would be rather to increase fuel bunker durability to 10 fold.

* Having 4 fuel bunkers 10 times as tougher, is better than having 10 more flimsy fuel bunkers

If you understand why this is so(which I don't feel like explaining to you since you are unable to comprehend what we've been saying all along), you'll get the meaning of what Karnak says when he mentions "the effect was far, far beyond reasonable for the ammount of effort it took to accomplish". Or, when I say "the risk to effect ratio is far too unbalanced"

Actually I have already agreed that "the effect was far, far beyond reasonable for the amount of effort it took to accomplish" and have stated that several times.  If your opinion is to make the fuel targets tougher then that would be good.  It makes sense and makes it more difficult.  Again I have stated that before, so I can assume that we at least partially agree and understand the situation.  I actually think the barracks is to easy at this point.  But that is a different conversation.

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2004, 11:25:33 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Nice list, players new to the game need to read this. I would also like to add you must remain flexible at all times. Switching targets is extremely important. Don't get fixated on one target just becuase you got some lead in him. This is especially important if you are in a plane that lacks good sustained turnrate performance.

Zazen

Again situational awareness,  if you are all alone you can finish him off, but in a major engagement getting fixated one person invites you to get roped and stuffed or just plain blindsided.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2004, 03:20:06 AM »
Well I do agree that it was to easy to kill the fuel and that with the new fuel model going down to 25% is to much but I do think it's gone a little to far the other way.
 IMO the fuel should have more effect than it dose now and I am not for the diving suicide fighters (thats just stupid)  I would say 50% should be the most it could be killled given the fuel model and I'm all for adding more cells around the fields and while were at it make them hardend so the diving figher dweebs cant pick them off so easy. I say let us bomber pilots take care of the fuel. You can usually find me in a bomber and I would welcome the challange of getting my slow moving buff formation behind nme lines to do a little precision bombing of the fuel. :)
  Oh and the idea of killin the fighter hangers in stead of the fuel might be an option but they really do pop up way to fast for this to work espeshally at the large fields, I bombed my brains out one night at a large field with 1 buff formatin after another of varying types and as soon as I killed 2 of em in a pass the 3 I killed in the pass befor that poped right back up. And just so no one thinks I was trying to do the one man kills all thing like in AH1 there were at least 5 of my squadies and a good # of my country men trying to kill them too. I think one of em hit it on the head when he said "it was like playing whack a mole" lol.  :)
  Well anyway this post is getting longer than was origanally intended and I'm not trying to rant so please don't take it as such, just trying to state my opinion

P.S. sorry about my spelling I went to the HT school of spelling. :D
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2004, 08:33:58 AM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
Well I do agree that it was to easy to kill the fuel and that with the new fuel model going down to 25% is to much but I do think it's gone a little to far the other way.
 IMO the fuel should have more effect than it dose now and I am not for the diving suicide fighters (thats just stupid)  I would say 50% should be the most it could be killled given the fuel model and I'm all for adding more cells around the fields and while were at it make them hardend so the diving figher dweebs cant pick them off so easy. I say let us bomber pilots take care of the fuel. You can usually find me in a bomber and I would welcome the challange of getting my slow moving buff formation behind nme lines to do a little precision bombing of the fuel. :)
  Oh and the idea of killin the fighter hangers in stead of the fuel might be an option but they really do pop up way to fast for this to work espeshally at the large fields, I bombed my brains out one night at a large field with 1 buff formatin after another of varying types and as soon as I killed 2 of em in a pass the 3 I killed in the pass befor that poped right back up. And just so no one thinks I was trying to do the one man kills all thing like in AH1 there were at least 5 of my squadies and a good # of my country men trying to kill them too. I think one of em hit it on the head when he said "it was like playing whack a mole" lol.  :)
  Well anyway this post is getting longer than was origanally intended and I'm not trying to rant so please don't take it as such, just trying to state my opinion

P.S. sorry about my spelling I went to the HT school of spelling. :D

"Whack a Mole"  :rofl   thats a good way of putting it.  I think they have adjusted the down times for the hangers I am guessing.  I have yet to see a hanger down on my retern trip.  The other night two of us hit the FHs at a small field, missed one slightly.  We both upped heavy 38s,  by the time we got back ( a mear 30-40 mile trip) they were all back up again.  Bummer, oh well.  Differant plan needed.