Author Topic: Air field Fuel Targets (Porking fuel)  (Read 3233 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Air field Fuel Targets (Porking fuel)
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2004, 12:50:24 PM »
I'm sorry your getting your panties in a bunch.

You make some crap accusation about furballers and then cry when someone calls you on it.

Wipe your tears and move on.  Killing fuel was barely a challenge and ruined the game for many.  Something you have yet to counter or acknowledge.  Instead you start crying how your fragile ego has been hurt.  Pleeeeaaaassssee.

Come out from behind you veil Crow, whats you game ID?

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2004, 12:52:39 PM »
Whats done is done in AH2. Take it or leave it.

Sending those letters, emails, and nude photos to hitech and HTC won't change anything.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2004, 12:57:14 PM »
My take:

Knocking out fuel in AH1 limited offensive and defensive operations.  1-2 guys could suicide the fuel (didn't take any real skill) and end a fight... whomever got to the fuel first tended to control that area.

In AH2, knocking out the fuel his limited offensive/defensive impact.  The barracks (which were available in AH1 also) can be knocked out to limit offensive operations but don't impact defense.  Thus, it's more difficult to deal a "death-blow" on any base simply by knocking out fuel.  Now you can limit the offensive operations but a base can still defend itself.  That way the battle is mostly decided in the air by who can push the other person back to their airfield.

Just my understanding

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2004, 04:56:26 PM »
Right on , Soda!

New settings let people play but retain some base attack potential. And, for you guys talking about "realism" -- any WW2 base suppression took days to weeks. Couple guys diving on a base was a recipe for suicide, not for base capture....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »
Originally posted by Soda
My take:

Knocking out fuel in AH1 limited offensive and defensive operations.  1-2 guys could suicide the fuel (didn't take any real skill) and end a fight... whomever got to the fuel first tended to control that area.

In AH2, knocking out the fuel his limited offensive/defensive impact.  The barracks (which were available in AH1 also) can be knocked out to limit offensive operations but don't impact defense.  Thus, it's more difficult to deal a "death-blow" on any base simply by knocking out fuel.  Now you can limit the offensive operations but a base can still defend itself.  That way the battle is mostly decided in the air by who can push the other person back to their airfield.

Just my understanding

Well said and very accurate, HTC did the right thing with regards to fuel porkage in Ah2.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2004, 05:34:23 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Well said and very accurate, HTC did the right thing with regards to fuel porkage in Ah2.

Yes.  Let's not go back to the old way.  This is probably the best thing about AH2 vs AH1.

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2004, 08:02:04 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
I'm sorry your getting your panties in a bunch.

You make some crap accusation about furballers and then cry when someone calls you on it.

Wipe your tears and move on.  Killing fuel was barely a challenge and ruined the game for many.  Something you have yet to counter or acknowledge.  Instead you start crying how your fragile ego has been hurt.  Pleeeeaaaassssee.

Come out from behind you veil Crow, whats you game ID?

Mars you are not sorry to get my patties in a bunch that was clearly your intent as you openly and directly insulted me and somehow expected me to just take it.  As for making accusations I will risk making the assumption that you consider yourself a furballer so I ask you this.  Did it not upset you when the fuel was porked and you could not fly for extended periods of time?  DIdn't it just piss you off to the extream case some times?  By you statment I would gather yes, and that my friend is getting bent.  Just like I got "Bent" when you wrote your response attacking me diretly.  Yes I ticked me off, you know that as that was your intent.

I really think you shoud reasses things just a bit.  Individual perseption is individual reality.

As for the veil, keep boosting and pushing like it makes a damn bit of differance.  What are you going to do challenge me to the nobel duel so you can prove your manhood?  The handel is JRCCrow one letter off from what it says, a simple type O.  Not hard to figure out.

If you insist to go round and round with this garbage I will do it, however I can promise you one thing it will be a waist of time.

Now since you are getting involved in this can you just answer me one simple question straight up.

To my understanding players in general did not like the hinderance of the 25% fuel and found it difficult to fight thus difficult to enjoy the game, this would be the basic rational for changing it yes?

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by phookat
Yes.  Let's not go back to the old way.  This is probably the best thing about AH2 vs AH1.

Thanks for the input Phookat

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2004, 08:07:42 PM »
Originally posted by Soda
My take:

Just my understanding

Thanks for the great input Soda, I apreciate the level head....

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2004, 08:09:25 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Right on , Soda!

New settings let people play but retain some base attack potential. And, for you guys talking about "realism" -- any WW2 base suppression took days to weeks. Couple guys diving on a base was a recipe for suicide, not for base capture....

This is very true and no man alone wins a war, Thanks Simaril

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2004, 08:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by RTSigma
Whats done is done in AH2. Take it or leave it.

Sending those letters, emails, and nude photos to hitech and HTC won't change anything.

:rofl Thin maybe they will send me some? :eek: :rofl

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2004, 02:48:37 PM »
God your fragile crow.

Crow you can't be more wrong and although everyone in this thread has basically given you all the reasons why the fuel was changed you still can't see the light.

The bottom line is Fuel Pork stopped people from fighting. When you can't fight this game is over for a lot of people.

All your crying about is the fact that you lost the easy target to screw up everyone’s game.

As was stated by many others in this thread, your expected results from fuel porking can be easily achieved in many other ways, without ruining the game for everyone else.

Where in the above is the horrible insult?  Please do tell.

As for:
Sounds like the Furballers got bent so now they ratified the game and removed a trategic element.
This is total BS, yeah it was just the people that like to furball that were upset.:rolleyes:   Your totaly wrong.  Fuel pork was a problem and most people can see that.

What are you going to do challenge me to the nobel duel so you can prove your manhood?
Your the one that keeps bringing this up, perhaps you have something to prove.

To my understanding players in general did not like the hinderance of the 25% fuel and found it difficult to fight thus difficult to enjoy the game, this would be the basic rational for changing it yes?
Not a hinderance, totally stopped people from fighting.  Not people didn't enjoy the game People could not fight.  

The real reason it changed is because HTC changed the fuel burn model and had to change the fuel pork model because now you can't do anything with 25% fuel.  Thus HT moved it to 75%.  His reasons why 75% and not 50% are his own.  End of Story.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 04:56:14 PM by mars01 »

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2004, 08:17:52 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
God your fragile crow.

Where in the above is the horrible insult?  Please do tell.

As for:  This is total BS, yeah it was just the people that like to furball that were upset.:rolleyes:   Your totaly wrong.  Fuel pork was a problem and most people can see that.

Your the one that keeps bringing this up, perhaps you have something to prove.

Not a hinderance, totally stopped people from fighting.  Not people didn't enjoy the game People could not fight.  

The real reason it changed is because HTC changed the fuel burn model and had to change the fuel pork model because now you can't do anything with 25% fuel.  Thus HT moved it to 75%.  His reasons why 75% and not 50% are his own.  End of Story.

The only think I keep bringing up is the fact that you cannot carry a conversation without being a salamander.  The rest of it is fine, if you can't see that thats your problem.

As far as being fragile, the fact that you pass judgment an a form like this without even knowing someone clearly shows your mentality and ignorance.  This was supposed to be a conversation as are most postings.  You decided different, if we could settle this on the street I would be happy to oblige.  I am supremely confident your tone would be different in person.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2004, 08:30:29 PM »
Pass judgment on who? you?

I disagreed with your statement making it the furballers fault for the fuel and you jumped all over me.

I have nothing against you Crow, (other than you total lack of spelling :D).  I disagree with the fuel whine and blaming the Furballers.

You have taken this thing into some personal realm and gotten all bent.  If me disagreeing with you makes me a salamander so be it.  This is just some silly BB and nothing else.  Don't take things so seriously.  

You decided different, if we could settle this on the street I would be happy to oblige. I am supremely confident your tone would be different in person.
BTW - My tone would be just the same.  I have yet to turn down handing out a good ole prettythang kickin.  And you think I'm  outa line and you are taking this into a phsyical fight hahahaha.  Take your prozak and relax.:D

"I said fuel pork sucks"

"I said it doesn't"

"Let's fight"   HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:36:30 PM by mars01 »

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2004, 08:35:26 PM »
"Where in the above is the horrible insult?  Please do tell."

Oh please, grow a pair of balls man.

"As for:  This is total BS, yeah it was just the people that like to furball that were upset.:rolleyes:   Your totaly wrong.  Fuel pork was a problem and most people can see that.

Your the one that keeps bringing this up, perhaps you have something to prove."

This is a form for conversation, Q&A  Thats funny I dont remeber "Calling you out"

The real reason it changed is because HTC changed the fuel burn model and had to change the fuel pork model because now you can't do anything with 25% fuel.  Thus HT moved it to 75%.  His reasons why 75% and not 50% are his own.  End of Story. [/B][/QUOTE]

And you could not state any of this before?  you had to jump in push your chest out.  WTF

People can fight with 25%, People can fight with whatever they have in there hand, People can.  Now perhaps it changes odds, makes things more difficult to do so, and not nearly as easy or fun, but bottom line they can.  This is however a game, that grows profits from the individuals that play it.  People play it because the "enjoy doing so".  Now if there was an element that HTC identified has hindering people from that enjoyment I can understand the change.  It does not improve the strategic element of the game at all.

If you would like to discuss strategic and tactical matters on an intelligent level I would be more than happy to do so.

What part of the fuel model did they change?