Author Topic: God this game gets repetitive.  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
God this game gets repetitive.
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2004, 09:38:16 PM »
Cool :).

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2004, 09:59:02 PM »
Why would I be loath to "admit" it?   The stats speak for themselves.  I never claimed otherwise.  

Initially, I merely pointed out that a few ICON types you failed to mention--most paticularly the 109 and 190--are as numerous as some of the ones you DID mention.  I made the connection that you have no problem with people flying the planes YOU like, only the ones you dislike.

Oh and I mocked your presentation.  Had you posted as you're posting now--in a distinctly calmer and more thoughtful manner--I wouldn't have posted at all.   It is one thing to post something you dislike and another thing entirely to spew out an angry rant.  

Argumentum ad hominem--
This is the fallacy in your argument when you keep bringing up my kill stats.   Since you can't really justify your rant, you attempt to steer attention away by pointing out the unrelated subject that you're probably better in AH than me.    Like I said before--good for you.  Want a cookie?

J_A_B

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2004, 10:41:18 PM »
Wow and all this time I thought this was a game......You guys gotta let me know that the world revolves around a flight sim!!!! How can I lead the right life if I don't stress over what people fly? I mean come on even though they pay their own bill they really need to fly what we want. Oh yeah we need to forget about the people that are new to the game too. I mean come on how can they not fly a P38 or a 205 or a, dare I say it, a P40 right off the bat? Jeez....my whole view on this has changed. Damn the dweebs!

Urchin, not being critical of you bro but maybe, just maybe, you're taking it a little hard. I'm not denying that I don't indulge in the dweeb rides, but it's mainly to combat the other dweebs :). Take a couple days off and cool down if it bothers you that much. I'm sure when you come back you'll feel better. And besides, when you hate dweeb rides, doesn't it make killing them that much sweeter?

But hey, what do I know.

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2004, 10:44:12 PM »
You think this game is repetitive?  You should have been around in the last year or so of Warbirds 2.77.  Good god.  Not only was it the same planes you saw in every single battle every single day...but the same PILOTS as well.  Man it was aweful.  It was the main reason I made the switch.

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2004, 12:37:58 AM »
Current top-10 of fighters, based on the number of kills:

PLANETYPE KILLS DEATHS
La-7......19779 15536
P-51D.....17829 17808
N1K2-J....16212 14010
Spit IX...12964 12857
P-38L.....12950 15403
Spit V....11333 11503
Typhoon...9739 6298
Fw190D-9..9256 5406
Seafire...7740 7256
Bf109G-10.7028 4850
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 01:02:51 AM by TimRas »

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2004, 01:00:20 AM »
Originally posted by Polaris
You think this game is repetitive?  You should have been around in the last year or so of Warbirds 2.77.  Good god.  Not only was it the same planes you saw in every single battle every single day...but the same PILOTS as well.  Man it was aweful.  It was the main reason I made the switch.

I was there. Agree 100 %  (was Stevex) Did exactly as u have done.

As to the rolling plane set as quoted way above.  They do that in WB but 3/4 of the pilots never bother flying the first 3 days of a new TOD.  They don't like early planes, carbs, 303's and 109's with next to no ammo. Or just haveing a JU88 as a hvy bomber.  Folk would return to the arena when the plane set upgraded to 1941.

I used to enjoy it though but I was in a minority.  Hell, I fly hurri 1's now.  Landed 2 kills just today.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2004, 01:02:14 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
The MA according to Urchin:
(I made a little avatar for you)

:)

eskimo

Hell ... *I* like that one.

(Back to devising a cunning plan to steal more players for the CT)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2004, 01:06:06 AM »
omfg a p38 is in the top 5.  urchin just lost some moment on his top 5 whine.

maybe we should change it.

nik nik spit la7 spit la7 p38 la7 p38 p51 p38 p51
Hurr!!!!?!?!?! WHOA!
nik spit la7 nik spit nik nik spit la7 p51 p51 p38 spit spit nik nik p51 p38
109!!?!?!
nik spit p38 spit p38 nik spit p38 p38

see now that looks much better.:rolleyes:

(Btw Urch Down with pokemon;) )
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 01:10:39 AM by B17Skull12 »
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 05:41:09 AM »
Urchin - fair comment. ;)

Folks urge against introducing an RPS, thinking that the absence of that will create "more choice". But as we can see, it's just an arenaful of the same 4-5 planes the whole time. That's what you get by NOT having an RPS. "Fine the way it is" I see some people say. Hardly. Karnak's just announced he's thinking of bagging it, and since AH2 with these diabolical small furball maps up the whole time,  I've all but bagged it myself.  Played last night for the first time in about 2 weeks.

Quite why people clamour for new planes to be added to the plane set baffles me. It's STILL going to be a lala-ponyfest - unless the new plane is even more uber, stronger, has more powerful guns etc.

The migration from AH1 to AH2 has highlighted the gaminess of AH1. And yet many thought that AH1 was more "fun" and some even bagged it because AH2 was less "fun". That shows that all some people want is a package of tricks they can use in their quest to pummel a fire button and make things go BOOM several times an hour. No interest in WW2. Just "waaaaah - I want my 1000 yd shots back because they were FUN" :rolleyes:

I always said the gameplay would be the same old, same old with different clothes perhaps. I secretly hoped I'd be wrong.  The CT was like a mini MA last time I was there, with SIX ki61s gangbanging my F6F. Whenever I show in the CT, I would always check the numbers and choose the side with the lowest in order to create balance. But it seems some people just want a shooting gallery.

By the way, I don't know if kills/hour has any bearing on anything. It measures how busy you are but that's about it. The time of day, type of mission, map, numbers are all going to factor. I got about 17/hour in attack mode in T49 and ranked 13th on that particular stat. It means bugger all.

What would be nice is to fly realistic missions with realistic goals, and have to make do with the aircraft of the time just like the real WW2 pilots did. That would interest me far more than flying in an arena where so many people just want to prove how great they are.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2004, 06:38:18 AM »
Originally posted by senna
Rolling plane set of wb was so fun.

:D

No it wasn't.  Was forced to fly a spit the first couple of weeks of the rolling plane set until the P-38F was available. I still have nightmares from it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2004, 06:40:45 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B

Argumentum ad hominem--
This is the fallacy in your argument when you keep bringing up my kill stats.   Since you can't really justify your rant, you attempt to steer attention away by pointing out the unrelated subject that you're probably better in AH than me.    Like I said before--good for you.  Want a cookie?

J_A_B

No, I'm not "steering attention away by pointing out the unrelated subject that I'm better than you"... I'm pointing out the fact that if 109s and 190s are ever so common... why aren't you killing more of them?  

In fact, 190s and 109s (if you count 10 different models as 2 planes) are a lot more common than a lot of planes, such as the C20X series, P-47s, Hurricanes.  I'm sure there are others, but I'm in a hurry and not really all that interested.

But if you see more 109s than you see Typhs... why aren't you killing them?  The Typh is faster than all the 109s we have.. hell.. your pony is faster than all the 109s we have.  Not like they are gonna run away from you.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2004, 07:46:35 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
No it wasn't.  Was forced to fly a spit the first couple of weeks of the rolling plane set until the P-38F was available. I still have nightmares from it.
LOL! Yeah, that first week was bad - especially for Axis. Took me 8 days to get my first kill in a 109E one tour. As I would later find out, much of the problem related to iENs sucky connects, which seemed to affect the planes whose guns had a slow rate of fire.

I know you have your reasons for flying the P38, ack-ack, - we all have favourite planes, but I wish people would at least TRY to embrace the realism - of having to make do with what you had at the time, just like the RL WW2 guys had to...

...but no, folks gravitate to the bestest, fastest, strongest, most manoeuvrable,  most powerful guns, biggest ammo loadout, best climbing uberpotato plane they can find. Every flight.

Very sad.  

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2004, 08:01:11 AM »
I said this once but it was prolly easy to miss--

Look up how many P-51's I kill--almost none--yet the P-51 is more numerous than almost anything.   109's, 190's, P-51's--all of those tend to fly high and extend early; I am usually fairly low and don't much like chasing runners.   I see plenty of 109/190's though, 4-5K yards above me :)   Hence the stuff I kill tends to be the stuff that's down low with me.   P-51's are probably the worst for being altmonkeys; as common as they are in the MA honestly I hardly see them.....I see more Hurricanes than P-51's.  I can only assume that those dots WAAAAY up there out of ICON range are the P-51's.

Yeah I'm a rather odd P51 driver, I get irritated if I have to climb higher than about 6K and downright annoyed if I need to go over 10.  I'm happiest at 3K or less, like in the fleet battles where everyone is on the deck.  Honestly if I wasn't so stubborn I'd be flying something else because frankly the P-51 pretty much sucks for low altitude furballing.  

J_A_B

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2004, 08:27:37 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
Honestly if I wasn't so stubborn I'd be flying something else because frankly the P-51 pretty much sucks for low altitude furballing.  
I'm just waiting for the first wise-arse to come along and disagree with that, and then saying that xxxxxx of the Purple Twilights can do it... waah waah waah pilot not the plane waah waah waah waah...:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 09:34:28 AM by beet1e »

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2004, 08:44:42 AM »
I'm not going to pretend I'm a good pilot because I'm not.  I like fights between 10-20 K but it seems every time I find a plane Co- Alt we make 2 or 3 passes on each other then they will dive to a target lower then us, why?  I find it boring fighting someone who only makes flat turns.  I realy enjoy it when someone wants to E fight me.  Many times I will see a target lower then me and will pass it up hoping to find someone at or near Co-Alt who wants to fight 1 0n 1.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:55:14 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC