Author Topic: None, Zero, Nada...  (Read 3973 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2004, 11:01:21 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Sure, of course it is an indicator, and Kerry is using it.

As far as I'm concerened, merely signing up and going over there is an indication of something, let alone the rest of it.

But if Kerry were merely running on his Vietnam experience alone, well, there's thousands more vets better qualified to be CiC if that's the only criteria to judge fitness.

It is one aspect. Yet on the other side, we're to believe that this one aspect is the sole criteria for judging his fitness. What's the title of the book?

What was featured more prominently at the DNC, his 4 month long vietnam experience or his 20 years in the Senate?

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2004, 11:05:11 AM »
Did Kerry work the system to leave Nam early? Probably. Who wouldn't, if you could? He was well connected, and smart enough to manipulate the system. All the men who testify for and against him probably believe exactly what they are saying. Opinion and perspective are surely influenced by personal views. I know mine are. You can come to rational conclusions, but it isn't easy to admit them if they go against what you WANT to be true.

The Tens of thousands of other Folks who did their Duty in spite of the fact NOBODY wants to fight a war.

Speaking from personal experience, Medals for Valor ESPECIALLY Bronze Stars with "V" don't add up to whole lot.  I got one for going back into an ambush kill zone under fire to get some guys out whose vehicle took an RPG hit. It was my job.  What was a going to do, Let them die?? Another guy I work with got one for killing 3 AQ with his hands after his weapon was struck and no longer functioned.   Big deal. It was his job, what we he going to do, give up and die?   What matters most is how the guys you work with feel about you.  

I pass that guy I helped in the Hallway, his face lights up and he never fails to take a moment to see how my life is going.
That is worth more than any trinket could ever hope.

We have some really outstanding officers and men.  We also have one who got the same Medal yet never stepped out of the Firebase.  All because he was a "Commander", one out 36 other Commanders, and he didn't do a thing yet got the award.  They guy lost Friendships over it and the respect of the community.  The medal was more important to him.  BTW he was the commander, so he put himself in for the award! He got his medal.

Kerry is a **** cut from the same cloth, who helped create a situation were everyone who died in Vietnam sacrificed for nothing.

Crumpp

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2004, 11:12:12 AM »
Yeah, what we're saying is that if you get to define all the terms, winning any debate is pretty easy.

That's not "style"; unless dynamiting fish in a barrel is your "style".

Like it or not, that's what you're doing. Sure has nothing to do with open debate.

Perhaps the funniest bit so far is Martlet calling you on the "35 years ago" gambit. Shack.

Opinions on incidents 35 years ago that support your position are admissable but Opinions on incidents 35 years ago that don't support your position are invalid. Define the terms, own the debate. And only Martlet called you on it. Nice job.

And you see this as some triumph?

Again, I KNOW you're smarter than that, so you HAVE to be trolling to amuse yourself. I mean, you've made a few previous posts on how you use the BBS to basically stir the ......soup.... and challenge yourself.

[Nash]you don't seem willing to wanna even acknowledge the fact that this is pure politics,

You don't seem to have noticed that I have not "debated" this "issue" at all in this thread. My comments have all been made with respect to your fishing expedition, because I can't believe your serious here. Particularly with you defining the debate and ruling out anything that doesn't support your "lure". (IE: the 35 years thing...... cheez... that's classic!)

Pure Politics??? Say it ain't so, Shoeless Joe! Fer reel? I'm simply amazed at this blinding insight. You can find my take on this issue in another thread. Search for Toad, in the O-Club with the phrase "junior officers". With that clue, you will WIN the GAME! and know what I think about all this.

[Nash]Kerry stepped into the OC

Puhleez! Again with the defining of terms. With this quote you're either illuminating your lack of military experience or just tossing another red herring into the chum line. Maybe both, I guess.

Still, you've done well with your latest Friday Night Fishing. I look forward to next week's topic when you again toss out a bait.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2004, 11:20:40 AM »
Heh.... How many posts now and all ya can do is talk about how I argue? Nothin' to say on the subject? Well I'm afraid you and I have run out of things to talk about. Particularly funny is how you come to the conclusion that I think something's a triumph. Like what, I win the internet or something? That's not exactly up there in my thought process, pardner.

If you wanna make this about me, start another thread or something. It's OT. On the otherhand, if ya gots something to add here, fire away. I suspect you aren't doing that because you recognize this for the crap it is.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2004, 11:27:46 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Heh.... How many posts now and all ya can do is talk about how I argue? Nothin' to say on the subject? Well I'm afraid you and I have run out of things to talk about. Particularly funny is how you come to the conclusion that I think something's a triumph. Like what, I win the internet or something? That's not exactly up there in my thought process, pardner.

If you wanna make this about me, start another thread or something. It's OT. On the otherhand, if ya gots something to add here, fire away. I suspect you aren't doing that because you recognize this for the crap it is.

I've had plenty to say on the subject.  You can't refute it, though, so you just ignore it.

You should change your avatar to "ostrich"

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2004, 11:35:15 AM »
Hey Crumpp,

Thank You.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2004, 11:37:46 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
What was featured more prominently at the DNC, his 4 month long vietnam experience or his 20 years in the Senate?

Probably his Vietnam stint. That combined with his Senate experience probably made up about 2% of what was featured.

But I'm not blind to the politics of the whole thing... au contraire mon frere... Seems I'm the only one that wants to face it.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2004, 11:41:13 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

Just FYI--His swift boat stuff was his *second* military tour.

h

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2004, 11:44:13 AM »
I deserve a fuggin' medal for reading this thread. :D

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2004, 11:45:18 AM »
Originally posted by Horn
Just FYI--His swift boat stuff was his *second* military tour.

h

Wrong.  

Thanks for playing, though.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2004, 11:47:57 AM »
Nash:

Particularly funny is how you come to the conclusion that I think something's a triumph. Like what, I win the internet or something? That's not exactly up there in my thought process, pardner.

Do tell then, just exactly what was the purpose of this thread? An honest search for knowledge? To convince the unconvinceable? To defend truth, justice, Kerry and the American Way?

What was your pure and noble thought process when you first set finger to keyboard in this thread? Enquiring minds want to know!

Anyway, I'm talking about how you fish.

You're certainly not "debating" the subject you introduced.

Nothing to add here on the "subject"? Correct. I said it all in the other thread that actually did feature some debate on this subject.

I decided not to get tossed in the livebox on this particular episode of Nash's Friday Night Fishing Follies. So I just congratulated you on your mastery of the BBS rod and reel.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2004, 11:49:38 AM »
Thanks Midnight Target,

Point was to illustrate that having a few medals means nothing.  The community you earned them in knows the deal.  I work pretty closely with the modern day "Swifties".  The boys of the Special Boat Platoon are a pretty tight nit group.

If one of their own was running for the highest office in the land and deserved the job, I have no doubt they would support him.  At the very least the vast majority would if their reputation was good.  

The whole community is very much reputation driven.  Rank is not nearly as important as your reputation.  Your reputation comes from your actions.  People care about deeds not words.

Crumpp

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2004, 11:52:57 AM »
Okay yeah yer right Toad, this was about winning at the internet.

Anyways, now I literally AM gone fishing... Woot!

Back later tonight - y'all behave!

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2004, 12:00:37 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Wrong.  

Thanks for playing, though.

Try some research before you spew ignorant one.

"John Kerry enlisted in the Navy in 1966. After completing Naval Officer Candidates School, he began his first tour of duty on the USS Gridley, a guided-missile frigate in the waters adjacent to Vietnam."

h

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2004, 12:03:51 PM »
Be honest, at least with yourself, Nash.

None, Zero, Nada...

Not one of these Swift Boat WhateverThey'reCalled ever served with John on any swift boat. Not a single one of them.

None of these guys were witness to any event they describe in their book.

I didn't know that...

What's WAS the purpose of that statement? What sort of replies did you anticipate? You had to have a purpose for putting that up... what was it?

Especially, correct me if I'm wrong here, since the second part about "witness" is not true. Weren't a few of ths Swift Vets present, albeit in nearby boats on the same misson, at many times in Kerry's 4 month career in Swifts?