Author Topic: Hey Vets  (Read 3229 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Hey Vets
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2004, 01:01:11 PM »
Armee de l'Air - 1996, 1997

Orlean - Private, basic training
Evreux - Reserve Officer School
Nancy - Intellignece and Electronic Warfare School, 54th ERA
Drackenbronn - CDC 05.901 Intell Off, 1st Lt , X-trained Commando Basic Training/Drilling. (that was fun, make twice larger guys than me cry)

Had a blast, sad I had to quit.:(

Ammo will tel you what bucket it is :p
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 01:04:16 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2004, 01:25:04 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
BTW Anonymous what is your handle in the game?

this sound bad but i dont remember. its been some time since i played in the big game with hundreds of guys playing. got into it a bit when it was three or four guys in our house playing two on two and such. flew in the big game a couple of times with a "mentor" showing me what was what but my mentor is gone now and wont be back soon. tried to go in to big game myself a couple of times and was getting raped before i even knew i was in danger. very out of my element to say the least. when i did sign up for big game i just entered five or six numbers because i didnt know what the "name" was used for really. i get the feeling its a "easy to compete impossible to master" type thing which appeals to me but right now i cant even get to the easy to compete level. im thinking ill go look up crumpp when i get home in a few weeks and my name i think will be "crater". what do you think? :)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2004, 01:30:42 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski
anonymous - i couldn't get a job I wanted from the get go because of the lack of citizenship at the time - IT job that is. Hence I became an AK - lots of computers, but still a supply job.

It was a problem later when they figured out that 10% of a crew of a nuke carrier ( CV 73 GW ) was without citizenship, and there apparently is a rule against non-citizens serving aboard a nuke ship. Unfortunatelly there were so many of us that they couldn't ship us all home. Oh well :)

As for my motivation to join, it was very much this same as almost 90% of enlisted people. I wanted a future that gave me a chance, instead of being stuck in minimum wage-dead end job, too busy working to dig myself out.

It worked out quite nicely.

i believe the cv screw up. it happens. usn is big and sometimes people slip thru the cracks. you a citizen now go back as an o and fly navy dude. it appears you like airplanes. :)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2004, 01:41:49 PM »
...Unfortunatelly most of NCOs i've served under where self absorbed salamanders with education level of middle school for whom getting from E6 to E7 was equal to being named god on earth.
There were exceptions, and I loved serving with them. Unfotunatelly, they were just that, exceptions...

This is not wrong.  Especially when applied to e7 and above.    Alot of lowest common denominator folks.  I am not from the "eastern block".    

Drippy, thinks all of you vets are fools, who's girlfriends he ****ed for you while you were doing your time.  

Wave that flag *******.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 01:44:40 PM by Furious »

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Hey Vets
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2004, 01:41:54 PM »
That was the plan till i got married :)

Mate of mine is flying F18s over Iraq now. Was going to follow his footsteps but live turned out different.

As for the chiefs thing, I told my E9 (CMCPO) that he was an ******* and spend lots of time on TAD assignments :) which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

I attended college while in the service which for some reason disagreed with lots of the CPOs. Mustang Lt in my unit, prabably the most inteligent and fair man i've met in the service, told me to get out and run when my 4 were up. Hell, even wrote me a great recommendation for my first job :D

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2004, 03:23:49 PM »
sounds like you should have never joined ski....Your attitude sounds like it was piss poor.  No wonder you didnt like it.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2004, 03:26:42 PM »
Ammo I was with the 333rd from Oct 95 through the end of Jan 96.  Then went to my normal squadron the 335th Chiefs for pretty much the rest of my tour.  I did spend some time down in the 336th filling in while their squadron was deployed.

I was in Qatar during the Towers bombing as you already know. I also went to Red Flag the following year and went to Eglin for IFF test and evaluation.  

My last TDY was to Cannon AFB, NM.  We got in a little tagging war with the Crusaders from there while deployed.  It started in Denmark I believe and then when we went to Qatar again we just happenend to run across the same group.  Tagging got worse and needless to say the CC birds got the chitty end of the stick.  Their birds were unofficially changed to the "Chiefs" sporting 2 crossed tomahawks over two feet long all over the jet.  Their Crusader tail flash was conviently painted over in green with white outlines to match our birds.  In the end we had to go to Cannon to repaint their birds because the base commander wasn't too happy seeing them that way.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Hey Vets
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2004, 03:49:43 PM »
Originally posted by Dnil
sounds like you should have never joined ski....Your attitude sounds like it was piss poor.  No wonder you didnt like it.

I guess if you're willing to take for granted that E9 can do no wrong, you're right.

This one, in particular, was quite an prettythanghole. Everyone knew it, i just happend to tell him.

But you're prabably right. Anyone who doesn't believe in the system where fratinization, "old boy who you happend to play golf with" and arrogance are the key to sucess, work be damned, has a piss poor attitude.

In all places I served TDA, i had nothing but fantastic reviews. Towards the end of my service I worked E7 job and was responsible for all mission critical aircraft components for F18s and S3s on east coast. When I went looking for them, it was usually CMDR level types I had on the other line.
I'm damn good at what I do. And some don't like it :) I guess that consitutes piss poor attitude :D

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2004, 04:43:04 PM »
well duh welcome to the real world...most big deals in the "real" world are made on the golf course.  Sounds like you went in with a chip on your shoulder and didnt know your place.

I was enlisted also. I had plenty of guys I didnt like in charge of me.  I sure as hell didnt tell them off tho and they generally left me alone.

Met twice as many useless people in the "real" world once I got out.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2004, 04:45:56 PM »
Originally posted by Dnil

Met twice as many useless people in the "real" world once I got out.

I have to agree with that lol. SSgt Dave Fischer might have been the dumbest person I've ever met, but I've met some amazing specimens in the "real" world as well, but superiors and subordinates.

-Sik

[edit]should read "both superiors and subordinates
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 04:57:37 PM by Sikboy »
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2004, 04:52:59 PM »
hehe I worked with 30 engineers at exxonmobil.  Biggest pissing contest on the planet.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2004, 05:48:06 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
fd-ski did it so he could get citizenship in the U.S.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Ripsnorts self loathing meter is going off the scale.
Really hes only in this thread because he hates himself so much.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2004, 07:10:08 PM »
Bzztttt, wrong. Do play again though.

4 years USN. AK3 VS31 Topcats.

Will vote Kerry.

Oh Mac, how are your VA benefits doing ?

VA Benefits are doing well if you know how to work the system .... nice of the Democrats huh?

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2004, 07:15:02 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
awmac you have just been educated by an e-4 with four years in. i love it one guy with twenty years on the ground and worried about combat effectiveness and support for the guys in the field says "no kerry". another guy with four years in is worried about money for va instead of burning it to ground and rebuilding it so it isnt such a joke and he says "no bush". take your pick gentlemen. :)

LOL like an E-4 has seen anything yet.  I wish him luck, but it's balls he's gonna need to make it... I give him 6-8 years. My Dad did 28 years in the Navy.. Crusty bastage has barnacles on his arse and farts bilge water.. BIG thing in our Home id the Army/Navy Game...
Phone bill goes sky high...LOL\
\\
 :rofl :rofl

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2004, 07:24:44 PM »
anonymous - i couldn't get a job I wanted from the get go because of the lack of citizenship at the time - IT job that is. Hence I became an AK - lots of computers, but still a supply job.

It was a problem later when they figured out that 10% of a crew of a nuke carrier ( CV 73 GW ) was without citizenship, and there apparently is a rule against non-citizens serving aboard a nuke ship. Unfortunatelly there were so many of us that they couldn't ship us all home. Oh well :)

As for my motivation to join, it was very much this same as almost 90% of enlisted people. I wanted a future that gave me a chance, instead of being stuck in minimum wage-dead end job, too busy working to dig myself out.

It worked out quite nicely.

Now it all comes to light LMFAO...

Hee I went places with a TS~SBI SCI Access... sometimes places I didn't want to be... so IMHO a security clearance is not as big as it's cracked up to be.

Plus my wife was a Foriegn National at the time of submission of the paperwork...amazing she got her American Citizenship in less than 2 years.  Gotta love some of them Congressional Boys....LOL

:D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 07:27:33 PM by AWMac »