Author Topic: Hey Vets  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2004, 05:52:12 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
no sheet. i worked with you guys a couple of times the last time being afghanistan. damn shame about your boys in that blue on blue incident as well. there were a bunch of long faces in every compound after that went down your guys were highly regarded by everybody they worked with. i edited out the name request becuase i just noticed you were out in 1990. first time i worked with your unit was a little bit later than that.

When were you at KAF?

Our FOB was there.  We had a few Canadians that lived next door to the FOB.  They did some joint ops with us.  Good guys.  

Crumpp

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2004, 06:04:41 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
When were you at KAF?

Our FOB was there.  We had a few Canadians that lived next door to the FOB.  They did some joint ops with us.  Good guys.  

Crumpp

late 2001 for several months and then late 2002. we usually "dined" with the ksk guys and got in rock throwing wars with the sts zoomies when they "got too loud at bedtime". we of course were quiet as mice. except when they warned us of heaviest predicted mortar fire to date and we threw a party in the center of our compound to celebrate it. :)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2004, 06:41:24 PM »
Didn't get much time at KAF.  Hung out with the Germans.  Drank a few brews and swam in their pool some.  What a hoot.  then they went to Bahgram and our beer dried up. :(

We suddenly didn't need to go to KAF as much.:lol

The STS guys moved to the end of the building on the other side of the canunks.  

We usually took STS guys with us.  Our CC saved our butts a few times. I was there 2002-2003.

You AF?

Crumpp

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2004, 06:42:42 PM »
US Army 19K (Tanker) 1994-2002 stationed at Fort Knox (sham job as an instructor) then to the 3rd ACR Fort Carson, CO (not a sham job).

Reclassed to 15Q (Air Traffic Controller) in 2002 and have been rear-echelon ever since and enjoying these nice things like "tents" and "cots" and "hot chow". Currently assigned to the 101st at Campbell, home of the weekly 8.5 mile fun run which I'll never really understand. ;)

Tours in Bosnia, Kuwait and Iraq.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2004, 07:22:09 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Didn't get much time at KAF.  Hung out with the Germans.  Drank a few brews and swam in their pool some.  What a hoot.  then they went to Bahgram and our beer dried up. :(

We suddenly didn't need to go to KAF as much.:lol

The STS guys moved to the end of the building on the other side of the canunks.  

We usually took STS guys with us.  Our CC saved our butts a few times. I was there 2002-2003.

You AF?

Crumpp

usn. youre army? i really liked having "our" sts guys. great way to do it i think they got really tight with us one of our platoons even had the sts guys listed on the platoons deployment plack. the ksk oic with the bottles of whiskey or bourbon or whatever it was that guy was awesome. "okay i have one spare bottle for the men enjoy!". one hour later-"okay this is really the last spare bottle dont spill!". one hour later-"no im sure this is the last bottle none are left!". :)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2004, 07:25:09 PM »
I was part of a super secrete racoon unit. We scuba dived and were air drop capable but most of the time we drank beer, watched action movies, and played checkers. I cud shoot gud to.

:D

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2004, 07:30:47 PM »
Originally posted by senna
I was part of a super secrete racoon unit. We scuba dived and were air drop capable but most of the time we drank beer, watched action movies, and played checkers. I cud shoot gud to.

:D

thats nice but "HOW MUCH BEER COULD YOU DRINK HOW COOL DID YOU LOOK AND COULD YOU DRIVE TRUCKS-THE BIG ONES THAT GO SHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHH WHEN YOU HIT THE BRAKES?" answer carefully. your aptitude will be recorded on your permanent record. :)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2004, 07:31:17 PM »
USN  1979-1985

Submarine Sonar Technician 1st Class

Uss Groton (SSN 694)

1 Indian Ocean Run

3 North Atlantic Runs
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2004, 07:34:15 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
thats nice but "HOW MUCH BEER COULD YOU DRINK HOW COOL DID YOU LOOK AND COULD YOU DRIVE TRUCKS-THE BIG ONES THAT GO SHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHH WHEN YOU HIT THE BRAKES?" answer carefully. your aptitude will be recorded on your permanent record. :)

In all serousness, I do respect each and every one of you who have served. I was just joking. So anyways where is mrblack?

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2004, 07:35:20 PM »
Originally posted by senna
In all serousness, I do respect each and every one of you who have served. I was just jocking. So anyways where is mrblack?

knew you were joking guy that was kind of classic joking toast i was quoting there. :)

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2004, 07:35:43 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
USN  1979-1985

Uss Groton (SSN 694)

1 Indian Ocean Run

3 North Atlantic Runs

Hey Swager, did you ever get that website finished up? I remember looking at the pics of Das Boot and yer crew. If it's still out there, post a link! :cool:

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2004, 07:37:49 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
USN  1979-1985

Uss Groton (SSN 694)

1 Indian Ocean Run

3 North Atlantic Runs

is all the sonar tech stuff in movie like hunt for red october for real? can you guys really tell what kind of whale by looking at display?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2004, 08:07:11 PM »
PA Nasty Guard 89-90

US Army: 1990-1994; 1998-2004

UH-1 Crew Chief-67N
B Co 7/159th Avn. Stuttgart, Germany
HHC 7/159th Avn. Gulf War
A Co. 7/159th Avn. Illesheim, Germany
HHC 1/123rd Avn (7th ID Light) Fort Ord, Ca
54th Med Co (Air Ambulance) Fort Lewis, Wa

Reclassified to 91X (Mental Health-hehehe)
Schofield Barracks, HI
Fort Sill, OK

About to enlist in Air National Guard as a EC-130 crew chief for the 193rd Spec Op Wing; finish up my 20 and be done with it.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2004, 11:05:57 PM »
Marines.  A little here and a little there.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2004, 11:15:19 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Gee, how clever. This were everyone is supposed to think your non-stop political posts are all a sudden legit because the nation is forever in your debt for “serving” in the Coast Guard, and Grunz isn’t because he hasn’t been in the military. Terrific.

See, that’s why I called you an ultra melon. Your starting whole new stupid threads to try and get one up on a guy 30 years younger, and you actually believe it will make you look better.

Haha.  This is great stuff.  I'm waiting for the comeback...if there is one.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High