Author Topic: HTC - You asked for my Idea to move people  (Read 693 times)

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
hey
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 12:14:50 AM »
"B. Successful landing / end of sortie in a damaged aircraft / vehicle. 75% perks returned. "

i think in this situation you sould get 100% +a bonus 25% for pulling off a landing of the damaged aircraft. landing with half a wing ect..

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
HTC - You asked for my Idea to move people
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 12:21:21 AM »
One of the best...not the only.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 12:26:58 AM »
It's no better a jabo than the P-38/Jug/F-6/F4U/Me110. P-38 and F-6 in good hands own the pony in a fight and the F4U can hold it's own.

The pony is certainly an outstanding plane but it's hardly in a league of it's own. It's primary advantage was its range, not its performance per se...although that was excellent. i found over my time in AH I could kill about 80% of the ponys I faced 1 vs 1 in a 205 for example....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 12:38:17 AM »
I went back and did the "player (azhacker) vs plane type" search for my last few tours...was

6-1 205 vs pony
4-1 hog vs pony (3-1 in F4U-1)
7-0 F6F vs pony
6-1 La-5 vs pony

Over all was 27-12 one tour and 31-15 another from all causes. I just looked at the fighters that fall in the right ENY value. I'm a good (but not "uber") stick. most of the guys like dtango midnight etc are as good or better than I am...I just don't see the real issue here...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004, 02:47:38 AM »
Midnight, I completly disagree with the details but the general ideas you thought of have some good points in them. And they are only slightly relevant to country NUMBER (not quality) balancing.

I like ideas extending the perks system, making them meaningful even if you don't fly 262s - therefor making the ENY values meaningful and the perk multiplyer (here's the player numbers connection). As HT said, he sees the perk system as a mean to control plane usage so I hope a lot of planes get very lightly perked (search for Kaweasa's perk agenda). Maybe in the future it can be used to pay for field mod. (paddle blade on jug D11?) and heavy ordnance.

another basicly good idea: "Reset everyone to 1000 perks."
again, not exacly as you ment it, but making a cap for the number of perks you can hoard. combined with the extention of the perk system (now, they are meaningless anyway).

getting perks for "Getting troops delivered to a map room (2 perks per trooper in, regardless of actually making the final capture)"
another good idea. reward the goon fliers (which many of are new players) for "damaging" the map room - same as bomb hits. Not that bomber perks are used for anything right now.

now this is a real novel idea:
winning / loosing the war:  "Being in the middle country = -10 perks (This is designed to encourage the middle country to attack the winning country, rather than pig-pile on the loosing country which is common now) "
This will require some more thinking, but the principle - punishing the middle country (probably just gangbanging the weak country) is good.

for the effort. maybe players ideas don't get implemented, but I belive they drive "creative thinking" with the developers.

Bozon
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 02:50:02 AM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 08:53:47 AM »
LOL HT went into a detailed explanation of why he doesn't think perks will work for side balancing..

Did any of you read that ??
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Ohio330

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004, 10:05:11 AM »
Not sure why people are still coming up with side balancing in numbers ideas.  This has already been accomplished by HT's ENY
system.   Quality of the balance is still the debate.

Offline VolsCAF

• Zinc Member
Edit
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004, 08:53:19 PM »
Ouch HT...that was flame bait?

I thought what I wrote was pretty darn mild...in fact VERY mild compared to others but I can see why it may have touched a nerve. Oh well. Sorry you took it that way. Don't remember exactly what I wrote but I was just responding to how your post and how your use of the word "game" made me feel. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

I will wait it out to see where this new approach goes even though I struggle with the reasons.

One other thought...if you read this. Is there a possibility of a different type of membership just to fly scenarios or special events? Maybe even a per event charge? That might be a good option for folks like me who may not care as much about the "fairness" factor and are more interested in the WW2 fighter experience, squad, misssions, etc. NOT A FLAME BAIT QUESTION.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 09:06:53 PM by VolsCAF »
AKA GreyGooz
The 47 Ronin
http://the-47-ronin.org/