Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8237 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2004, 09:47:24 AM »
Yes, you guys are right, this ENY sistem psst off lot of players,       What for all this ENY ?! for 3-4 hours of rook high #s, once /week sunday evening!??
   Only small maps can get reset in 2-3 hours of high #s.
  We got reset, but was lot of fun last evening @ A30,  
         i killed 59 rooks in ME163B.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2004, 09:54:02 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
Yes, you guys are right, this ENY sistem psst off lot of players,       What for all this ENY ?! for 3-4 hours of rook high #s, once /week sunday evening!??
   Only small maps can get reset in 2-3 hours of high #s.
  We got reset, but was lot of fun last evening @ A30,  
         i killed 59 rooks in ME163B.

Exactly, Ghi.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2004, 10:12:56 AM »
I've said this before about the lack of team work of the knights and I don't mean furballers-v-strators per se I mean just general overal situational awareness of what is going on the map.  But everyone just tells me it's their 15 bucks so shut up but here are some things I have noticed.
1.  The more people you have online than anyone else the more your able to do, not just in a horde mentality but in the ablility to provide mid and high altitiude base and CV defense, vehecle spawn camping and etc.
2. Now I don't think this has anything to do with the numbers thing but one thing I have noticed about the knights is that when one of our base flashes, it doesn't seem to me that any one cares to find out and investigate as to what is making it flash in the 1st place or when or they see a lone aircraft heading in to our territory and just ignore it because they are too timid to leave the knight horde.
It seems that when ever a rook base starts to flash, it's not too long until you see some one upping to investigate and defend
3. The rooks and the Bish for that matter have finally figured out that one of the key tactics to beat the other side is to stay on the enemy's flanks and not so much the middle.  The Knights seem to be hell bent on congregating 75% of its forces in the middle in an effort to split the rooks and the bishops in half allowing them to concetrate 100% of their forces against us and we have to split our forces fighting two fronts.
4. The rooks and bish have also figured out that it's more important to deny the enemy resources to wage war and take bases than it is to worry about what  they will be able to use once the base is captured. That is what rearming and base resuppy is for.  That's why you will see rooks and bish pork troops, FH's and Ammo and the knights don't.  The knights are too worried about what resourses they will have left once the base is captured than doing what is need to accomplish a mission which leads to the so called 4 hour base captures.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:16:37 AM by meddog »
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2004, 10:25:25 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
the only thing i have against this eny thing is when the ONLY P38 is not enabled.  it kills me to 51 squadrons....um... not being happy about not being able to fly the D model.  they can fly the B model.  I wish my squad had that choice.  There is only one model 38 to choose from, if they put another one in, i would fly it when the other was disabled, and i would be just fine with this whole thing.  
~S~

these 2 cents wont get ya crap.

Interesting thing about the P-38 being disabled. I notice often that I get a message "Planes with an ENY of LESS than 15 are not available". To me, that means a plane with an ENY of 15 should be available, but a plane with an ENY of 14 should not. Now mind you, that's minor, but still an annoyance.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2004, 10:43:58 AM »
this may be the most pathetic thread in the history of this BBS, I can hardly wait for this baby to get punted in 2 years.

If the Rooks only have dominant numbers for 3-4 hours once a week on Sunday, why are so many people threatening to quit over it.

And how come only Rook players post about the ENY when the ENY has enabled against all 3 countries many times.

2 options here:
1. The Rooks are vastly understating how often they outnumber the arena and therefore feel the ENY much more frequently.

2. Though they'll never admit it, the "organized" Rook players realize their effectiveness does suffer when they don't have BOTH La7s and 3-1 odds.

Truly a classic thread.
Hornet

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2004, 10:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet
this may be the most pathetic thread in the history of this BBS, I can hardly wait for this baby to get punted in 2 years.

If the Rooks only have dominant numbers for 3-4 hours once a week on Sunday, why are so many people threatening to quit over it.

And how come only Rook players post about the ENY when the ENY has enabled against all 3 countries many times.

2 options here:
1. The Rooks are vastly understating how often they outnumber the arena and therefore feel the ENY much more frequently.

2. Though they'll never admit it, the "organized" Rook players realize their effectiveness does suffer when they don't have BOTH La7s and 3-1 odds.

Truly a classic thread.

Ghi is a Bish... read his post about 5 posts ^UP^.

Zazen

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2004, 10:52:35 AM »
This thread is a joke (and Hornet is right). Try this one, it contains alot more valuable information:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=129420

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2004, 10:53:33 AM »
Originally posted by Goobman
I was going to log tonite early...but then I saw the eny limiter was on the rise for the Rooks. So just for spite against the facist eny limiter I stayed on for awhile longer as did many other Rooks.  Suprisingly we won the reset.....too funny. The eny limiter seems to have had the opposite effect than what was desired. Instead of rooks migrating to another country to fly "their" plane, they got pissed off, worked together better than they had in a long time, and totally demolished the Bish. yaddayaddarantfoametc .............

You really ARE a goob, man. ;)

You were gonna log for the night but you saw a chance to screw your fellow rooks out of some rides so you stayed on and twiddled your fingers? Then you got the gall to make a big deal over the rooks "winning the war" anyway? Heh ... you're too much.

" .... as did many other Rooks."

What .... did you guys get together on squad channel and go "huhuhu .... we'll show THEM .... huhuhu .... we'l make every rook as pissed off as we are ... huhuhu .... wait a sec .... look .... there's rooks that don't care .... LOOK ... WE WON! WE WON!

Quick eveyone (the 20 or so odd rooks that have had a wet diaper since the eny limit was imposed) ... there's GOT to be a way we can put a bad spin on this!!!!!"

That's as dumb as "Ah will naht change frum Rookland, evah evah. Rule Rooklandia! Fly for ahnother side? Unthinkable!"

Well .... you showed us!

(Opposite effect? Well ... there's a tard factor to most things that defies logic, I suppose)

p.s. Yeah .... I know ... this post has a very limited shelflife.

:lol

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2004, 10:58:11 AM »
I'm noticing a trend by those who cannot formulate an intelligent, articulate response. They all type something like this....

"This thread sucks! You guys suck!!!"

:rolleyes:

Zazen

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2004, 11:00:32 AM »
Indeed, people don't like to be forced to changes sides. Everyone on the mailing list I'm on has voiced the opinion that they'd rather "fight than switch" to another country. The freelancers may move around, but the core groups in the various countries may be more solidly entrenched now as a result of ENY than before.

What I found most interesting last night was that I saw more check-6 calls and better cohession than I'd seen on any Sunday before. Being forced into "inferior" rides means teamwork is more important and it would appear that Rooks are adapting to this.

Of course, the same could be said for having to fight outnumbered. The best way to cope with a disadvantage in this game is through teamwork. I'll let you all connect the dots.

For all those Rook squads contemplating a move because of Sunday night's ENY kick in ... just *try* the P-51B, La-5, Mosi, Yak-9U, Hurri II, or 190A-5 (whichever closest matches your usual ride and/or mission profile) for one Sunday first.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 11:08:30 AM by DoKGonZo »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2004, 11:01:22 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Indeed, people don't like to be forced to changes sides. Everyone on the mailing list I'm on has voiced the opinion that they'd rather "fight than switch" to another country. The freelancers may move around, but the core groups in the various countries may be more solidly entrenched now as a result of ENY than before.

What I found most interesting last night was that I saw more check-6 calls and better cohession than I'd seen on any Sunday before. Being forced into "inferior" rides means teamwork is more important and it would appear that Rooks are adapting to this.

Of course, the same could be said for having to fight outnumbered. The best way to cope with a disadvantage in this game is through teamwork. I'll let you all connect the dots.

Bingo!!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2004, 11:01:50 AM »
About 30 minutes before I logged off last night, the ENY limit was right around 18.

I was listening to a couple of guys complaining that they couldn't get P-51Ds and that it was a shame that the best Jabo wasn't available.

Best Jabo? Hardly the case. Let's see, the F4U-1D can carry the same load-out. How about the P-47D-40? This thing can carry 2k in bombs, 10 rockets and a drop tank or another 500 lb bomb. Even the P-47D-25 can bring more than 2k to the party. Then there's the Typhoon, Mossy and Me 110G-2.

I suggested those. The reply was revealing. "I don't like those, they're too slow." In other words, "I can't run like hell after I drop the bombs."

It's a mindset.... Bomb and run, bomb and run ad nauseum. It's not unlike the good sticks who are addicted to a "super-fighter". They run up impressive scores, and they have good skills. They just lack the confidence to do it in a lesser aircraft. I envy the guys who can fly anything from a P-40B to the 262 and score well in either. I'd rather fly a little of everything than the same old ride night after night. For me, that's really dull.

As I said before, I like flying the slugs. I like the challenge of fighting the hotrods in a slow flying, bad climbing, under-gunned iron dog. You don't get a lot of kills, and assists abound because you can't catch anything. But, it's fun trying.

Flying the F4F-4 can be frustrating. You barely get to a fight before the Goon does. The fast cannon birds steal your kills left and right. That's alright, because I can at least practice kill-shootering teammates who shoot their hizookas over my shoulder. Some sorties I kill as many Rooks as I do enemy... LOLOL That'll teach those kill hordin' weenies.....

Seriously tho, I have always enjoyed exploring the full spectrum of fun available by using the entire plane-set. I suspect others would too, if they just broaden their approach to the game.

I don't like the ENY limits either, mostly on the ground that it limits the choices you originally signed up for. Sort of like the local cable company changing the channel line-up and eliminating ones you wanted and adding 7 rap video channels instead; so I can watch more semi-illiterate idiots stuff a microphone down their gullets, gurgling out unintelligible phrases while their pants fall down below their XXXL basketball jerseys. But, I'll not let that ruin my enjoyment, I'd rather watch C-SPAN reruns of Jimmy Carter speeches.

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 11:04:00 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline DEMAN

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/dthbr/
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2004, 11:03:23 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Simple - When the Rooks were in the hole, Knight and Bish squads moved across to balance numbers out.
It wasn't a Rooks did all it by themselves which seems to be the common misconception out there.

Simple question then - why isn't the reverse happening?

That is a pile of CRAP. A couple of squads moved short term to help but the BIG change in numbers was because the Rooks worked their prettythanges off to make teamwork an important piece of the game. The RJO command also worked very hard to foster a feeling of good will between all Rooks and make it a desirable country to be a part of. It never happened overnight but over the course of a year so don't try to make it out that the nits and bish bailed the Rooks out because it it BS. Rooks turned the tide themselves with no whining to HT to change the rules.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2004, 11:08:21 AM »
Very articulate post's zazen. I just cant read your's anymore cause they are too long. Get to the point man! lol j/k

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2004, 11:08:33 AM »
Very articulate post's zazen. I just cant read your's anymore cause they are too long. Get to the point man! lol j/k