Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2004, 11:10:23 AM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
Very articulate post's zazen. I just cant read your's anymore cause they are too long. Get to the point man! lol j/k

Thank-You jaxxo, sorry about being long-winded, I often meander when trying to make a succinct point, I'm working on it...;) If you want the abridged version, Ghi's and DokGonzo's posts combined sums it up pretty nicely.

Zazen
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 11:23:40 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2004, 11:11:31 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
What I found most interesting last night was that I saw more check-6 calls and better cohession than I'd seen on any Sunday before. Being forced into "inferior" rides means teamwork is more important and it would appear that Rooks are adapting to this.

Good for you, DoK! People need to see these details of additional benefit instead of screaming how broke the system is all the time. May need a bit of tweaking but .... it's bringing out some good and amazing results here. :)

p.s.  

People:

1: Nobody is forcing you to switch!

2: Nobody is forcing you to have to fly certain planes!

3: You're just being forced to choose.

The choice is yours. :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 11:19:37 AM by Arlo »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2004, 11:22:51 AM »
2. Though they'll never admit it, the "organized" Rook players realize their effectiveness does suffer when they don't have BOTH La7s and 3-1 odds.

when have i, being a rook currently, said anything about not having a la7 or numbers in this thread?  the blanket statements have got to go, sound like my wife, "you never do (insert some bs statement here)" , "you always do (insert yet another bs statement here)" .  sigh, just give us an early model P38.:aok
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2004, 11:25:49 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
when have i, being a rook currently, said anything about not having a la7 or numbers in this thread?  the blanket statements have got to go, sound like my wife, "you never do (insert some bs statement here)" , "you always do (insert yet another bs statement here)" .  sigh, just give us an early model P38.:aok
~S~

Hehe, precisely KillnU! They're just taking the easy way out of a losing debate with one liner responses that amount to nothing more than unfounded gross over-generalizations that turn a blind eye to anything that categorically and substantively refutes their jaded point-of-view.

Zazen

P.S We should really get our wive's together, I bet they'd become instant friends! ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 11:28:15 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2004, 11:26:35 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
sigh, just give us an early model P38.:aok

Belongs in "Planes and Vehicles" forum. And good luck. I'd like to see it. :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2004, 11:27:33 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Hehe, precisely KillnU, they're just taking the easy way out of a losing debate with one liner responses that amount to nothing more than unfounded gross over-generalizations turning a blind eye to anything that categorically refutes their jaded point-of-view.

Zazen

Line count: 1

Overgeneralization count: 1

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2004, 11:30:50 AM »
Originally posted by DEMAN
That is a pile of CRAP. A couple of squads moved short term to help but the BIG change in numbers was because the Rooks worked their prettythanges off to make teamwork an important piece of the game. The RJO command also worked very hard to foster a feeling of good will between all Rooks and make it a desirable country to be a part of. It never happened overnight but over the course of a year so don't try to make it out that the nits and bish bailed the Rooks out because it it BS. Rooks turned the tide themselves with no whining to HT to change the rules.

Exactly Deman! Sing it brother! They have their hands over their ears but sing it anyways! They don't want to hear the 'do-it yourself over time thru hard work' solution to their problem, they want an insta-fix provided for them.

Zazen
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 11:34:29 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2004, 11:32:35 AM »
hehe arlo, maybe it should be there, but it fits this thread some.  just giving my point of view, yes i said "my" point of view.  :D i do speak for my squad as well tho.

Zaz, they prolly would.  think most women like that tho.
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
You can keep the %%^^*&^ reset
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2004, 11:37:31 AM »
:mad: :mad:  sorry but Iam going to give my 2 cents here, I have no grand plan to achieve glory or imortality in this arena, I just want to log on with my buddies and fly and die. But this plane limiter is very fustrating and in my eyes unecessary, I carry  on the average 2000- 3000 perks, Just adjust the perk value on the aircraft but leave them availible, I would gladly pay 20 -30 perks for a 51D anytime the need arised to do so but too have a situation where You cannot even launch a osti or panzer is nuts.
I choose to fly ROOK yes but I made that choice long ago why must I change my country based on other players choices? Let us fly where we choose even if it costs too do so My 2 cents:(
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2004, 11:38:23 AM »
WTG Rooks.:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2004, 11:40:44 AM »
The ironic thing about most of these "anti-ENY limitation" whinefest threads is the theme that invariably accompanies them about how the ENY limitation was imposed due to whining. I think it's some sort of whine test, myself. :D

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2004, 11:41:59 AM »
Arlo

"Forced to chose" is not a choice, that's a requirement.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
whine?
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2004, 11:44:25 AM »
why is it a whine fest when people are only voicing their fustration in a community forum?:(

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
whine?
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2004, 11:44:28 AM »
why is it a whine fest when people are only voicing their fustration in a community forum?:(

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2004, 11:44:58 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Ghi is a Bish... read his post about 5 posts ^UP^.

Zazen

a Bish friend.

rich.

:rolleyes:
Hornet