Author Topic: WATCH NEWS!!!! A B-24J Liberator!!!!!!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
WATCH NEWS!!!! A B-24J Liberator!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2004, 04:35:52 PM »
Originally posted by United
I hate this. Why waste a perfectly good bomber formation to suicide-dweeb to get a kill on a hanger. There should be some kind of reward for landing a successful bombing mission. I'd hate to see a beautiful B-24 divebombing into an airfield!

Perk all level bombers :D  Shoot we need something to use the bomber perks for anyway.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2004, 04:36:13 PM »
Guppy,

I seem to recall HTC saying that the formation assembly paint schemes were examples of historically accurate, but would not be acceptable.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2004, 04:44:06 PM »
looks nice

shame is Another bloody American plane
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2004, 04:46:25 PM »
Guppy I'll wait to see what HTC deems acceptable as far as the B-24 skins.  I'm looking at doing "The Dragon and His Tail".  I'm also debating on "Cocktail Hour" and one that I can't find it's name.  It has a lions head on the whole forward fuselage.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2004, 04:49:08 PM »
:mad:

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2004, 04:54:01 PM »
A He111 would add nothing to the game, the Ju88 covers that space well.

However we could definitely use any of the following bombers.

Ju188
He177
Betty
Pe-2
Tu-2
SM-79
Z-1007
Blenheim
Wellington

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2004, 04:55:20 PM »
Ahh, hell. Just what we need, a B-17 clone.

I guess my dreams of ohh.. i don't know.. a decent LW bomber, or any VVS bomber, or hell, any early IJN bomber are out the window.

Yes.. add ANOTHER US bomber. We have the A20, the boston, the B17, the B-26, the TBM, the SBD. All the brits have is the lancaster (the moss is the fighter variant), all the soviets have is the IL2 (try taking a field with that, I dare ya) and all the germans have is the Ju88A4 and the Ju87 (the latter of which was obsolete BEFORE the war started), all the japs have is the B5n and the D3a and the super fast late war Ki67.

Yanks have the most planes in this game. They have the most variants. They have the most bombers.

And now we get another.

Yeah, sure I'll fly it. It's in the game. Nothing I can do about that. But I am so disappointed that it turned out to be this, out of all the possibilities everybody was discussing for so long.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2004, 04:59:26 PM »
Grun, not so. He111 would add as much as the Blenheim. It would add as much as the Italian birds or the Betty. Why? Because you can't substitute ANYthing for it in the game. The Ju88 we have is much faster than the BOB variant. Hurricanes in the BOB scenario only had a few mph more than it (maybe 20). The He111 is much slower than the Ju88A4 and would be more realistic.

The same goes for the Betty. Try substituting the Ki67 for the Betty. Why doesn't it work? Becuase it's too fast to substitute for the better. Same goes for lots of planes. We can't sub the A20 for the Blen because again, A20 out performs it.

Well the He111 has just as much right to be on that list, in my opinion, for the exact same reasons. :)

:aok

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2004, 05:06:34 PM »
The H8K2 Emily would be excellent Flying Boat/bomber... ;)
AH2's large map has a lot of ports now.

The Flying boat is no longer useless even if it's released.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2004, 05:18:44 PM »
:mad:
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2004, 05:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Guppy I'll wait to see what HTC deems acceptable as far as the B-24 skins.  I'm looking at doing "The Dragon and His Tail".  I'm also debating on "Cocktail Hour" and one that I can't find it's name.  It has a lions head on the whole forward fuselage.

Dragon and his Tail is 5th AF 43rd BG.  It might be kind of nice to do one of the 64rd BS, 43rd BG  all black "Snoopers" too.

I know which 24 you are referring to with the Lions head.  I think that's an 8th AF bird.  Found the one I was thinking of.  Not sure if it's a lion so maybe it's not the same.  Image included

There are so many 24 paint jobs that would look great.  One thing about that slab side was it was great for nose art.

Still want a 454th BG 24 :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2004, 05:25:37 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Ahh, hell. Just what we need, a B-17 clone.

I guess my dreams of ohh.. i don't know.. a decent LW bomber, or any VVS bomber, or hell, any early IJN bomber are out the window.

Yes.. add ANOTHER US bomber. We have the A20, the boston, the B17, the B-26, the TBM, the SBD. All the brits have is the lancaster (the moss is the fighter variant), all the soviets have is the IL2 (try taking a field with that, I dare ya) and all the germans have is the Ju88A4 and the Ju87 (the latter of which was obsolete BEFORE the war started), all the japs have is the B5n and the D3a and the super fast late war Ki67.

Yanks have the most planes in this game. They have the most variants. They have the most bombers.

And now we get another.

Yeah, sure I'll fly it. It's in the game. Nothing I can do about that. But I am so disappointed that it turned out to be this, out of all the possibilities everybody was discussing for so long.

Just remember that the RAAF and RAF used the 24 extensively in the Pacific.

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2004, 05:26:37 PM »
I disagree on the He-111 not adding anything to the game, it would be a great addition to the 1940-43 setups in the CT or SEA events (incl the BoB). My vote would have been for the He-111 as the next bomber.

In any case, the B-24 does add something for the Burma and Pacific setups. I will take a glass 1/2 full approch to any new plane in AH, as long as its not another jet (please say we are done with jets, three is enough for a WW2 sim).

I would hope the next two bombers are German and Russian (Pe-2). the He-177 would be another one we need, and if we get it before the He-111, thats cool too.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2004, 05:35:34 PM »
I told you all it was going to be a B-24 and you wouldn't listen.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2004, 06:05:02 PM »
it will be more easy to stop it when it comes in for the dive bomb then the B17

happy never the less
known as Arctic in the main