Author Topic: Base taking strategy  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2004, 06:13:54 PM »
Robmo, the only thing Lute did was offer some advice. It is not his fault that when he said you were new that you read *stupid noob*. He is a AH trainer, how does that make him self-proclaimed? As an AH trainer he offered his knowledge, nothing more. Get a grip....
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Base defence strategy
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2004, 07:14:17 PM »
If i see a  mission heading to our  base, i take a TIGER tank close to town, keep it under trees untill the dweebs waste all ord. on vh,fhs,town.
   By the time town is mostly down and goon waiting , i move close to map room and let them strafe me and crash in my tiger.
    I saved a lot of  bases alone,the tiger tank is the best defence toy against missions.

Offline agflit22

• Zinc Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2004, 07:24:34 PM »
Travaler...

Read my post again... 2 passes and all buildings at field ded... little hard for enemy to up from a field with no FH's don't ya think??...

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Base defence strategy
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2004, 07:33:05 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
If i see a  mission heading to our  base, i take a TIGER tank close to town, keep it under trees untill the dweebs waste all ord. on vh,fhs,town.
   By the time town is mostly down and goon waiting , i move close to map room and let them strafe me and crash in my tiger.
    I saved a lot of  bases alone,the tiger tank is the best defence toy against missions.

Thats exactly why the VH should be the first target destroyed on a base :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
He gave me no respect, so I gave him NONE!
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2004, 07:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Robmo, the only thing Lute did was offer some advice. It is not his fault that when he said you were new that you read *stupid noob*. He is a AH trainer, how does that make him self-proclaimed? As an AH trainer he offered his knowledge, nothing more. Get a grip....

Elfie,
    Start with his first reply to me quote "Hmmm...... I'm wondering if this is your vast goon driving knowledge and base capture experience talking...Ya' need to listen and learn. Your at "that" stage of your flying career. You are very new, and need to try and learn from us, as opposed to pluggin' up your ears going "la la la la I am not listening, I think I know better.....ROFL. Wow. so you DON'T wanna learn anything.... " that's what I meant by the *stupid noob* remark, like I'm some little kid or something. He didn't offer advice, he started with criticizing me (and he wasn't so polite about it either) and they weren't constructive criticism's either. I don't care if Hitech himself blew smoke up his back side and told him he's the best trainer alive, I AIN'T BUYIN IT ! I'd rather listen to Shane's insulting criticisms (even though Shane hasn't insulted me yet), than listen to anything Lute has to say! I will not be nice, if you start out by criticizing me first. He must think respect is automatically given, because he's a "TRAINER", sorry about his luck. He'll NEVER, REPEAT NEVER, earn my respect for him (like he cares anyways, so why should I).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 08:00:28 PM by RobMo68 »
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Re: Base defence strategy
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »
Originally posted by ghi

yet my tiger has "egg shell armour" :mad:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Canaris

• Zinc Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2004, 08:10:33 PM »
I can't stand when people knock out fighter hangers and bomber hangers cause its a easy way of killing a base.  If people want to take a base just kill al the planes and keep a vulch on.  If people are crazy enough to up from a capped field, let them.  Don't keep them on the ground because the hangers are down.  I think taking vehical hangers and the ack down is smart but not the fighter hangers and bomber hangers.

Canaris

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2004, 08:21:32 PM »
Robmo, you took offense to his first  post and quoted things from 2 of his posts :) Lute's intention was not to tick you off, but to offer advice. I think you are reading something into his posts that just isnt there.

Let's try something Robmo :)

Don't do this today, wait until tomorrow ok? Reread Lute's first post and do your best to look at it from a different perspective. Also, understand that some people don't always use the best choice of words and that can lead to a post being taken the wrong way. ( I am one of those people IRL,  :rofl )

When you reread his initial post try to look at it from the perspective of a trainer that wants to help out. He has no information about you, can't talk to you on the phone to ask questions to determine what, if anything, you are doing wrong, all he has to go on are YOUR stats.

I've known Lute for awhile, I am seriously doubting that he intended any insults in his intial post :)

One last thing Robmo, most people on these boards are very helpful. Like any community we have our retards that flame, insult, and generally act like idiots...BUT...HTC is cracking down on those people. Lute falls in the first category, not the second. Keep that in mind when you reread his first post tomorrow :)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2004, 08:27:45 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Thats what I do but can't telll if there is an ack there or not.  Not to mention that I have to be within 1k to 1.5k to even see the circles.

I just remebered this Dedalos. Use ground vis mode, I had to map mine (used shift +F4). I take a HUGE hit to my fr when I use it, but I only use it to see the locations of gv's and ack emplacements on the field. Most of the acks you can see firing and that definately helps you locate the guns. If you cant see them firing they are either an 88mm ( the hated puffy ack) or a manned ack.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2004, 08:40:47 PM »
Originally posted by Canaris
I can't stand when people knock out fighter hangers and bomber hangers cause its a easy way of killing a base.  If people want to take a base just kill al the planes and keep a vulch on.  If people are crazy enough to up from a capped field, let them.  Don't keep them on the ground because the hangers are down.  I think taking vehical hangers and the ack down is smart but not the fighter hangers and bomber hangers.

Canaris

Canaris it really depends on the situation. There ARE times when it is definately desireable to drop all hangers on a base. Example: Knights are having difficulty getting to a particular base due to massive resistance. Knocking out the hangers can be a viable tactic to get the Knights close enough to the base to actually start deacking, killing vh etc.

Most of the time it just isnt necessary imo.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Base defence strategy
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2004, 11:20:43 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
yet my tiger has "egg shell armour" :mad:

keep it moving slowly in 2nd,3rd gear and stay in the position #1,never on #3 (MG) if you hear planes diving

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
Sorry, I wont do it!
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2004, 11:20:43 PM »
Robmo, you took offense to his first  post and quoted things from 2 of his posts :) Lute's intention was not to tick you off, but to offer advice. I think you are reading something into his posts that just isnt there.

Let's try something Robmo :)

Don't do this today, wait until tomorrow ok? Reread Lute's first post and do your best to look at it from a different perspective. Also, understand that some people don't always use the best choice of words and that can lead to a post being taken the wrong way. ( I am one of those people IRL,  :rofl )

When you reread his initial post try to look at it from the perspective of a trainer that wants to help out. He has no information about you, can't talk to you on the phone to ask questions to determine what, if anything, you are doing wrong, all he has to go on are YOUR stats.

I've known Lute for awhile, I am seriously doubting that he intended any insults in his intial post :)

One last thing Robmo, most people on these boards are very helpful. Like any community we have our retards that flame, insult, and generally act like idiots...BUT...HTC is cracking down on those people. Lute falls in the first category, not the second. Keep that in mind when you reread his first post tomorrow :)

Elfie,
These are the first 2 sentences from his first reply to me "Hmmm...... I'm wondering if this is your vast goon driving knowledge and base capture experience talking. In the past few months that you have flow, you have captured a sum total of ONE base in a c47. ONE. ". Never mind the sucesses I've had in GV's or any other aircraft. When I see a reply starting by taking swings at my abillity or me personally, DON'T expect me to be nice in return let alone listen to what that person has to say, it ain't gonna happen. HE CHOSE TO MAKE IT PERSONAL, I didn't.

Besides, my post was an honest opinion as to why the first wave of attacks fail, making subsequent waves necessary and more likely to fail if the enemy is allowed to mount any sort of resistence from the base being attacked or a nearby base. If he'd had a difference of opinion, I would have left it at that. He chose to start by belittling my abillity (or lack of, as he pointed out).

Either way, at this point, I could care less about what he has to say. So, no I will not wait till tomorrow and reread his post's (he isn't saying anything that I haven't already tried). END OF STORY!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 11:22:52 PM by RobMo68 »
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2004, 11:45:13 PM »
You cant tell intent from just text Robmo, he wasnt making it personal, not real sure why you are taking it that way.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2004, 12:05:55 AM »
Originally posted by agflit22
Travaler...

Read my post again... 2 passes and all buildings at field ded... little hard for enemy to up from a field with no FH's don't ya think??...

Ag.
Your talking about porking a feild with 4-5 planes not killling the town and taking the base.
  What we were debating and I was saying is if done correctly the FH's dont have to go down.
Only the VH and town.
And preferably ack.

If you can get ack down You dont need FH's down for sure
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline JensK

• Nickel Member
Base taking strategy
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2004, 01:44:50 AM »
You cant tell intent from just text Robmo, he wasnt making it personal, not real sure why you are taking it that way.

I think its pretty clear that it was a patronizing statement by
Lute  and I dont see why you defend such behaviour, Elfie.
If it really was an attempt to make a sound argument then I
suggest a more mature attitude next time.

Lute has sure chosen a strange path when he begins to insult
people and then trying to make'em listen. Not a very good tactic
for a trainer,  in my opinion. Ive had my share of his abuses too
so I think I know how Rob feels.
To base any conclusion on the some skill of a player by how long
he has played the game is nonsense, the learning curve
differs from individual to individual.
I've only seen it used to mock or insult people.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 01:54:56 AM by JensK »