Author Topic: Ahh that's better...  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 01:01:01 PM »
Pissy finds excuses to be pissy. *ShruG*

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 01:25:46 PM »
I for one am very glad to be flying with the JBs...they all are personable and will rally the troops so to speak. Knights are better because of the JBs attitude towards the game.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 02:07:45 PM »
See ya later all rooks who quit due to #'s, buh buh. Makes me giggle to no end, a lot of us can't play ( i barely make the cut ) due to computer issues, money issues and or other RL issues, I feel for the real bro pilots that can't fly at the moment, .

.....then along come people who have kick a** machines , bucks and lotsa spare time to play....and they leave a great game cause they whine about one of the game rules.....makes me wanna rip their machines outta their walls and mail them to a bro pilot that loves the game ,and  just can't afford it right now.

Just isn't fair sometimes.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 02:27:53 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
You couldn't be anymore wrong RTR. The ENY Limiter did its job.

There has been a shift in numbers in the MA due to the ENY limiter.

Complete squads have switched countries along with individuals to try and balance the arena because of the ENY Limiter. The ENY Limiter will probably remain in place for quite some time.

I have to disagree that most that have switched did it due to the ENY. Overall the numbers are down, due to alot of players leaving the game or not playing near as much. Most due to them not liking the ENY thing. Most that have switched did it for personal reasons more than ENY limiter. Like the JB's

I could care less about the ENY thing one way or another due to it rearly effects me. I don't agree with it, but can put up with it. I personnally don't think any country; based on their numbers should get something extra or something less than the other 2 countries. If numbers is an issue, then the community as a whole should correct it, not HT.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 02:53:08 PM »
I have to disagree that most that have switched did it due to the ENY.

Where did I say ... "most" in my post ?

Overall the numbers are down, due to alot of players leaving the game or not playing near as much. Most due to them not liking the ENY thing.

Like I said before ... its working and those that have left because of it ... sorry things got to tuff for ya and ya had to stomp off the playing field ... waaaaaaahhhh.

I personnally don't think any country; based on their numbers should get something extra or something less than the other 2 countries.

I personally think they should ... isn't America great ?  

If numbers is an issue, then the community as a whole should correct it, not HT.

Many a post was put up by many a Knight/Bishop asking that the gang-bang horde cease and desist and could some of the Rooks squads and/or Rooks switch to create a balance.

All responses were along the lines of ...

"Whiner cry-baby" ... "we were in the bucket" ... "you can suffer too".

Except the difference between when the Rooks were in the bucket and screaming, and now, is that some major squads took it upon themselves to move and create the balance along with some concerned individuals.

Not this time around ... straight out refusals to switch and weren't the least concerned about the imbalance ... hence ENY.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Re: Ahh that's better...
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2004, 02:58:30 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
Rooks have the lowest number of players,  NO Eny restriction, and gangbanged by Knits and Bish.  

All is right in the world.

:rolleyes:

But Virage, all the rooks have to do is employ that superior organizational skill we heard so much about from the rooks. :)  It's so easy!  Just ask GhstDncr or Zazen, they can give you chapter and verse!

curly

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 03:12:56 PM »
There has been one good suggestion to fix ENY.

Make it apply only to non-home bases.  In other words, if you are invading another country and your numbers are superior, you have a limited planeset at those invaded fields.  Your home fields always have a full plane set.

This resolves my complaint of being hammered down to a few home bases and having a limited plane-set.

This is reasonable.  

The main problem is not country numbers, its 2 countries hammering the 3rd.  ENY doesn't address this other than reducing the overal numbers by pissing off players and to some extend re-distibuting some to other countries.

Yes organization will overcome the 2-on-1 syndrome.  Lets promote organization instead of punishing numbers with ENY.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 03:25:24 PM »
Make it apply only to non-home bases. In other words, if you are invading another country and your numbers are superior, you have a limited planeset at those invaded fields. Your home fields always have a full plane set.

This was actually discussed at the Con and HT felt that the way that the parameters are set for the ENY now and the voluntary moves by some, probably wouldn't require him to make any more changes in this area.

The main problem is not country numbers, its 2 countries hammering the 3rd. ENY doesn't address this other than reducing the overal numbers by pissing off players and to some extend re-distibuting some to other countries.

And this is not something that HT will change ... he said so at the con. This is what he considers a gameplay scenario and he will do nothing to change it.

The ENY wasn't meant to balance gameplay, only to balance overall numbers ... once numbers are balanced, its up to the countries to deal with where the concentrations of attacks are happening.

Also, it is the design of the map and where your country is positioned on the map the determines if you are going to be facing a constant 2 front war. Simple as that. The is no "truce", implied or otherwise that you will find that will cause 2 countries to gang 1 country.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2004, 03:25:25 PM »
Wow...really??

Just think, a couple squads go bish/knights and now the rooks are getting hammered...

Shows ya how valuable teamwork is.

F***  the ENY, balancing is not the solution.  The solution is caring about your country and ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING to benefit your country.
Mak

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 05:24:23 PM »
Originally posted by Mak333
The solution is caring about your country and ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING to benefit your country.

What's that got to do with playing Aces High? ;)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ahh that's better...
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 05:35:17 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:rolleyes:

boooooriiiiiinnng
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »
F*** the ENY, balancing is not the solution. The solution is caring about your country and ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING to benefit your country.

I pledge allegiance ...  to the flag ... of the United States of Knights/Rooks/Bishops ...

Nope ... not working for me ... :D

IT'S A GAME !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 06:45:14 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
... we switched because of a lack of respect in the rooks ...

JB73, can you elaborate on this point?  The Rooks didn't respect the JBs, or there is a general country-wide lack of respect for each other individually?  Like most Rooks I miss flying with the JBs and welcome any constructive criticism that will make the Rooks a better team in the future :).

Cya Up!

Dawg

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2004, 07:18:45 PM »
IT'S A GAME.......in each moment you are playing make the best of the people and resources around you. It's not their job to hold your hand, agree with you, play your way, aknowlege your existance, or think you look cute and fuzzy.:D

You payed your 15 smackers at the door like the rest of us. What you do in this Ice Rink depends completely on YOU and not US.;)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2004, 07:33:48 PM »
Originally posted by Dawggus
JB73, can you elaborate on this point?  The Rooks didn't respect the JBs, or there is a general country-wide lack of respect for each other individually?  Like most Rooks I miss flying with the JBs and welcome any constructive criticism that will make the Rooks a better team in the future :).

Cya Up!

Dawg
42 will have to speak on that since i was not there..

but hearsay, they were disrespected on numerous occasions by a select few rooks, and told that night to "shove it" for lack of a better word.. so they did.

<> i still like rooks, and hope one day to return. but i am not CO or XO, just a peon furballer, and IT dude for squad LOL
I don't know what to put here yet.