Author Topic: Texas Inconoclast  (Read 795 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2004, 07:00:17 PM »
so far as I've seen clintons lies didn't get anyone killed.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
So...klinton did not finish the program so he really isn't a rhodes scholar after all?   Not that I really want one running things anyway.... for the most part our politicians are not made up of scholars and scientists... for good reason.... scholars and scientists have their heads up their butts.

To me it looks like klinton and Bush were doing about the same things but Bush was doing a better job.   If you could stand to listen to him klinton was a better speaker tho.

lazs

A Rhodes Scholar is granted sufficient funds to study at Oxford (GB) for two to three years.  Clinton did so.  

If you really think Bush & Clinton did about the same thing, you are either drunk, dumb or simply trying to get my goat. :)  Since I know you pretty well, I suspect you're after my goat.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/bc42.html

curly

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 07:04:19 PM »
Badger, most of your quoted post contains nothing more than BS assigned positions that I've never heard any Democrat make, let alone all Democrats.

IE:  

Clinton loves children...bad.
Bush eats children...good.

Ahh, it's so confusing!

"Kerry owns 4 mansions, all worth several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an old barn brought over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame)."

That's a lie.

"John Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, together own several homes, but since they signed a prenuptial agreement and have kept their premarital assets separate, a Boston townhouse (which John Kerry mortgaged in 2003 to finance his presidential bid) is the only one of these homes that they technically own as a couple."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/secret.asp

"Bush paid $250,000 in taxes this year; Kerry paid $90,000. Does
that sound right? The man who wants to raise your taxes obviously has figured out a way to avoid paying his own."

That's an assumption, besides what was Kerry's personal income and what was Bush's?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2004, 08:46:06 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Lol Saw. :)  Saw me bucko, I simply don't like having a moron as president.

curly

so having a pompous arrogant arse who says what you want to hear is better?

get real...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »
A Rhodes Scholar is granted sufficient funds to study at Oxford (GB) for two to three years.  Clinton did so.  

If you really think Bush & Clinton did about the same thing, you are either drunk, dumb or simply trying to get my goat. :)  Since I know you pretty well, I suspect you're after my goat.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/bc42.html

curly

Naw Bush and Clinton did not do the same thing.

Bush served in the military...

Clinton ran to England to escape the draft...

Try Again.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2004, 09:11:56 PM »
you own a goat too?  

I was refering to badgers post.  It really is a matter of perception.  I didn't see how klinton did anything any "smarter" than Bush.   gutting the military is not exactly the way to balance the budget IMO although it is an often used ploy.  

lazs

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 12:45:43 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
so having a pompous arrogant arse who says what you want to hear is better?

get real...

first, it's not better.  second, Bush rarely tells me what I want to hear.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 02:23:49 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Naw Bush and Clinton did not do the same thing.

Bush served in the military...

Clinton ran to England to escape the draft...

Try Again.

I believe Lazs was referring to how they served in public office.  

I would never compare Clinton's military record to Bushes.  Bush was AWOL for a year serving in a unit that he gained access through political privilege.  He's a real military vet, alright. :rolleyes:

curly

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2004, 02:26:58 AM »
Bush was AWOL for a year :rolleyes:

curly

Kerry faked his medals, and I have just as much military evidence for that charge as you do for yours...

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2004, 04:25:30 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Kerry faked his medals, and I have just as much military evidence for that charge as you do for yours...

IF Kerry faked his medals, Rove would have been on that like a bird dog on a hot dog.  On the other hand, there are at least two places offering a $25,000.00 reward for proof that Bush wasn't AWOL.  No takers on the reward yet.

Weak, Grun, weak. :)

curly

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2004, 04:45:01 AM »
IF Kerry faked his medals, Rove would have been on that like a bird dog on a hot dog.  On the other hand, there are at least two places offering a $25,000.00 reward for proof that Bush wasn't AWOL.  No takers on the reward yet.

Weak, Grun, weak. :)

curly

You still have no evidence....  

But somehow you think that these stunts prove anything..

And there is no IF regarding Kerry's faked medals, he faked them!!! I have just as much evidence of that as you do of yur story..  :rolleyes:

Maybe we can get the swift boat vets group to set up a prize of $50,000 to antyone who can prove that Kerry didnt fake his medals.  Yea that will be great.

Of course that proof couldnt use any official military papers because those are fake and pointless or whatever and they dont count just like Bush's honorable discharge papers..

So yea curly, your crap was weak - though the honest self-assesment of yor post was refreshing...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 04:48:31 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2004, 04:56:01 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
You still have no evidence....  

Sure I do Grun - already gave it!

Rove hasn't tried to say Kerry's medals weren't earned - indeed, Bush said they were, therefore they are legitimate.

OTOH, no one has collected the $25k reward offer that Bush wasn't AWOL for a year.   In particular Dubya & Co. hasn't collected the reward.  Therefore, Bush was AWOL.

curly

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2004, 09:07:35 AM »
Ya Curly... that's right.  Of course this wouldn't be a case of "that's not proof!"  I mean... it's not like we haven't seen that from the dems already this year.

This year has been the worst example of lying followed up with "oh yeah, PROVE its a lie" that I've seen.  There used to be a time when you had to "prove it was true".  Welcome to the internet.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Texas Inconoclast
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2004, 11:12:33 AM »
With regards to the Kerry/GPA thing...

What kind of ******* goes through college worrying about some numbers and a decimal point.  Blah, gimme the guy who drank himself under the table and isn't capable of being a 'smooth' politician any day of the week.

I trust the man to make the best decisions for America without world opinion to back him.  When it comes to defending my country, f*ck world opinion.  My views are that simple and uncomplicated.  I admire the man for him telling the French and Germans to f*ck off when they tried to get in on the rather lucrative Iraqi rebuilding contracts.  I know back in the spring of '03 when this all started that I smiled when the president announced that he had intelligence that Saddam was in a building and then he acted on that intel by dropping a bomb on the building.

I've seen time and time again in the debates that Kerry/Edwards try to get away with "Terrorist" references trying to spin things so that the definition includes ONLY September 11th terrorists.  I laugh out loud at some of the things he says.  I believe that Saddam would have loved to attacked the U.S. but if any paper or money trail was tracable to Iraq, he was smart enough to realize that would have been his demise.  I am certain that he put money into the pockets of terrorists, even those responsible for the September 11th attacks.  Finding those trails are not going to be easy and I am not surprised we haven't because they don't use electronic funds transfers.  They use a guy on a bicycle with an envelop stuffed in his turbine to move the money from A to B.  Such low tech and high secruity measures on the parts of terrorists (only talking with whom they know or grew up with) make infiltrating them very difficult and any progress made in this area will not be seen on the evening news.  

Anyway, screw John Kerry and his 'plan', his 'global test' and his botox.  I don't trust him to do what is best for the country.  The global test itself implies he will seek approval from the world before we make a decision in our interest...that is just stupid.  Bush gets my vote, not because I'm registered as a Republican (I am not) but because John Kerry oozes with distrust and dishonesty.  My favorite quote from him this entire campaign and debates is... "Well, I'm a lawyer too." when asked a question that referenced his running mate, Edwards and his profession of ambulance chaser.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 11:15:03 AM by Golfer »