Author Topic: No (more) guns please - we're British  (Read 6454 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
No (more) guns please - we're British
« Reply #315 on: October 26, 2004, 12:26:55 AM »
Sure thing, Jackal. I've enjoyed it too!
See you in the next gun thread.

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
« Reply #316 on: October 26, 2004, 03:14:31 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
spooky never explained to me why he should have a gun and not his fellow man.

fact is, most cops only spend a fraction of their time training with their guns and most are not very proficient with them...  the average hobbiest who likes guns is more proficient.

lazs

I did. You must have had your ear protection in again and I am very proficient with not only my personal firearm but many others. True there are many like you describe. I term them lazy.  The opportunity exists at least here to be better if they desire. You can lead a horse to water but.....

Signing off also.  Was fun while it lasted. S! to you all.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #317 on: October 26, 2004, 08:12:29 AM »
so... if a civilian was as well trained as a cop then you would be allright with him carrying concealed?

how many rounds do you fire a month and of what kind?

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2004, 12:39:51 PM »
One of the reasons for retiring from this thread was because I know it was hurting Jackal, having to argue on the same side as Lazs. :lol

Ayup, Sp00k - we're back on again: New gun thread

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Identified, apprehended, tried, convicted, sentenced...
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2005, 06:41:57 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/13/nbecc13.xml

The perpetrators of the crime which was the original subject of this thread have been jailed for life, with a recommendation that each should serve a minimum 32 years.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2005, 09:18:32 AM »
so the brits admit that the real way to have gun control is to jail the criminals for a very long time (better to execute em IMO)?

We agree on that... the problem is that the brits make criminals of ordinary good people who would use a gun for recreation or defense and give them longer terms than they do their burglars and muggers...

strange ideas..

lazs

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2005, 10:22:32 AM »
Word must get through to the people that firearms are a bad idea.  Who knows what they'll want next... To defend themselves, themselves; slippery slope!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2005, 10:26:37 AM »
worse... next they will be shooting the kings game animals!

lazs

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2005, 10:33:13 AM »
Shooting the Kings game animals!!!!  Off with thier heads!!!

Next thing, they wont even want to bow their heads by the side of the road when royalty passes by.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2005, 10:52:44 AM »
silly brits... melting their weapons down for dental prostectics has proven quite unsuccesful I take it?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2005, 11:15:10 AM »
Terrible that the Brits cannot get along even between neighborhoods. I thought they were civilized. What makes one neighborhood so hateful to another?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2005, 11:18:59 AM »
Crummy brit bedside manners.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2005, 11:28:01 AM »
The brits and western europe in general have learned that individual ownership of guns can be a very expensive.  As such they have traded their individual ability to own a gun with the collective safety of the population.

Lots of folks in the states want to adopt the same system.  Problem is theres a bunch of us that cherish our individual rights.  Even at the expense of the larger system.  Iindividual rights trump collective rights in the states.  At least that appears to be the case.  Several of the brits I know that immigrated to the states and have become americans made purchasing a firearm one of their priorities.  Not because they feared getting crimed upon, but rather because they felt it was an important ability to have, the right to self defense.  I gathered they did not like having that ability denied them in their old land.....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

storch

« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2005, 11:35:02 AM »
it has to be difficult, being subject to the whims of an old lady.  I feel sorry for the poor britishers, the queen, hugh grant, elton john, a generation of aging rockers, bad teeth, driving on the wrong side of the road and being in America's shadow. things are tough for them guys.  let's lighten up a bit.