Author Topic: 190 D9 was the fastest plane of WW2?  (Read 924 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
190 D9 was the fastest plane of WW2?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 09:37:17 PM »
Conditions are easy -
Me in Tiffy.
Tree top level exiting a hostile field after diving in from 12-13k ish
109 behind me falling back as I said counter went from 800,1000, 1k.
He obviously decides he can't catch me and pulls up.
He drops 2k behind and changes his mind and noses down.
Then unbeliveably he starts catching - not slowly either.
He actually got to within 400yds when someone popped him.
Unfortuneately I usually never film any fights, there is enough discussion about the current 190/109 FM that I believe it warrants some looking into.

Point being at the moment 190s and 109s defy all the laws of physics regarding energy states.
There is NO logical way the above episode can be explained away.

I have seen or been part of numerous unbelievable 190/109 encounters regarding either them running or catching other planes.
Maybe explained away by saying not all FMs have been redone yet, who knows.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Fish323

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bomberbarons.us
190 D9 was the fastest plane of WW2?
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 10:41:42 PM »
Originally posted by Soda
The ENY limiter only acts when there are at least a minimum number of players online. I think currently 200 is the "on" point, so since the screen shots you posted have fewer than that total, there was no enemy limiter enabled.  That's been posted before in other threads where the system was explained.

As for the 180 reversing aircraft, happens all the time.  Guys tend to think it "impossible" but it's not if you know what you are doing.  Catching someone with external options loaded can be super easy, they are no where near as fast as the charts show.  Secondly, energy is often hidden by guys in speed, so they dive to high speed, may even appear to come up from a climb, but catch you.  That's just good energy hiding and the person caught didn't realize it.  Finally, the lead turn, guys who just fly straight by can be easily caught by someone who understands the angles involved and times the turn correctly.  If he makes a nice gentle turn he may not burn very much energy at all and pull right in behind you.  Happens all the time but there are lots of ways to beat that.. lots of people think it "impossible" though but don't understand the dynamics of what's happening.

So, thats why it says "side balancing ENABLED"????