Author Topic: Perk the LA-7  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 08:32:12 PM »
Leave the La-7 alone.  

Ask not for whom the perks toll; they toll for thee.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Stegahorse

• Copper Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2004, 09:31:58 PM »
I think the La-7 is flown so much that it deserves to be perked.
The ENY on p-51d is down to 5 for that reason.
I thought I was important until I got Cancer and had to go to a cancer clinic.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2004, 11:52:51 AM »
Having just spent a couple of days flying the thing....

1st....WOW....sweet bird

2nd say the same thing about the Ki-61:)

Posted this elsewhere...lala #'s from sometime yesterday...

Out of curiosity I pulled up the lala stats....

14-16 vs the Ki-61
1-5 vs the P40-b  
13-15 vs the P40-e
150-139 vs the tiffie
59-62 vs 190-A5
39-51 vs F4U-1
1-6 vs C202  
18-21 vs 109-G2

Basically these are all primarily "uber pilot" rides....the plane might not beperked but the pilot should be (least some of em).

So while the lala can dominate the better planes it isnt gonna scramble to many eggs amongst the better pilots...

Ack Acks right....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2004, 12:06:19 PM »
That is only because most La-7s that are encountered do not have good pilots.  If the La-7 is piloted by a good stick it is nearly unbeatable.

The stats you posted only go to show that better pilots fly the weaker kites.  The very same argument would be true of free Tempests, Spitfire Mk XIVs, F4U-4s and Me262s.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2004, 12:55:24 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
That's BS.  Every time I've done so they simply dive for the deck when it gets rough.  It doesn't work.

So would a 51, 190, 109, F4U,  etc depending on what plane you are in.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2004, 01:06:57 PM »
That is only because most La-7s that are encountered do not have good pilots.  If the La-7 is piloted by a good stick it is nearly unbeatable.

The stats you posted only go to show that better pilots fly the weaker kites.  The very same argument would be true of free Tempests, Spitfire Mk XIVs, F4U-4s and Me262s.

Personally I dont think any plane needs to be perked...

As for your arguement...lala pilot quality is no different than Pony/spitty/dora pilot quality. Additionally the lala has very limited visability and ballistics compared to the pony or spitty. It also is out performed up high by the pony and dora.

Most good pilots really dont care what you fly....I'll kill the "average" lala driver or spit V driver in my Ki just as easily as in a lala...

And the guys that own me...well they kill me in what ever I'm flying as well. Those of you who are "plane dependent" will always worry about what the other guy is in...the rest of just worry about WHO the other guy is:D

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2004, 02:38:25 PM »
Originally posted by humble
the rest of just worry about WHO the other guy is:D

:aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2004, 02:51:48 PM »
Those of you who are "plane dependent" will always worry about what the other guy is in...the rest of just worry about WHO the other guy is

Absolute genious !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2004, 03:00:35 PM »
I only worry if they are in front of me or behind.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2004, 03:33:12 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Those of you who are "plane dependent" will always worry about what the other guy is in...the rest of just worry about WHO the other guy is

Absolute genious !!!

Oh my god ma!....I made the big time::D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2004, 03:36:28 PM »
humble,

It appears to have escaped your notice that the La-7 has a higher K/D ratio than the P-51D and Spit V (I don't know about the Fw190D-9), which is odd because according to you the plane makes no difference and the same skill level players use all three of those.  Care to explain that little discrepency?

Or would you rather talk about how much better you are than those irritated by the La-7?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2004, 04:53:05 PM »
i'm sorry for pumping up the la7 k/d...  i mean i'm only doing my part to help get it perked.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2004, 12:33:42 PM »
humble,

It appears to have escaped your notice that the La-7 has a higher K/D ratio than the P-51D and Spit V (I don't know about the Fw190D-9), which is odd because according to you the plane makes no difference and the same skill level players use all three of those.  Care to explain that little discrepency?

Or would you rather talk about how much better you are than those irritated by the La-7?

1st...

I'm not all that good, I get my prettythang handed to me all the time (and whine with the best of em:D )

Now, looking at the current #'s the lala is 1.29/1 and the Ki-61 is 1.29/1 (the Ki is 1.288? and the lala is 1.290?)...but basically the same...

so both planes are equal??

The 109 G-2 (sweet bird btw) is 1.45/1...so its an even better plane?

Let me put in in perspective...shane just posted on this thread.

Now he's a little snot nosed noob...but he simply owns my prettythang...he knows it and I know it. He could care less what plane I'm in or how much E or alt I have...all he cares is that me or someone else is there so he doesnt need to go find a fight.

Now back in a land far far away I used to take an even more snot nosed kid named Oopsey out the the woodshed and listen to him howl (he whines with the best of em too:D )....

Thats why you'll never hear me bad mouth the pup...he earned his place in the food chain...and he helps almost anyone who bothers to listen. So you can either keep on keeping on and continue to suffer like you are....or you can raise your level of awareness and have an epifany....the plane doesnt kill ya...the pilot does.:aok

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2004, 01:04:22 PM »
humble,

To argue that different tools do not change the ease or difficulty of the task is sheer idiocy and that is what your continued chant of "the plane doesnt kill ya...the pilot does." seems to indicate you think.

Nowhere have I ever claimed that I don't think the pilot matters because I have always thought that in all cases other than the most extreme examples the pilot matters more than the machine.  That said, the machine most certainly makes a difference.

The question is how much of a difference does a particular machine make and I'd argue that the La-7 makes a huge difference.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
Perk the LA-7
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2004, 01:22:05 PM »
La-7 shouldn't be perked. I don't have problem to kill it in my frank.