Author Topic: new car ?  (Read 723 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« on: October 30, 2004, 06:53:35 PM »
ive been thinking of gettin a new car.  i currently drive a 03 lexus IS300.  im looking at the 05 mustang GT and the VW r32.  which of the 2 would you pick?  or would ya keep what i got?  thanks in advance.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
new car ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 07:04:17 PM »
DO YOU HAVE A JOB?

DO YOU HAVE $199?

IF SO YOU CAN OWN A NEW KIA TOMORROW!!!!!

annoying ad here in milw.

where you live again? if not a winter area get the stang, resale will be higher in the end.

though i'd rather be found in a ricer before a ford.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 07:10:06 PM »
i live in SC currently( navy).  the only ford i would buy is that new stang.  it is a beauty, and it sounds awesome!!

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
new car ?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 07:12:16 PM »
Somethings fishy here, drives an 03' Lexus, in the Navy...you sure thats not a Toyota your driving? ;)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »
lol rip.  those reenlistment bonuses are real nice.  ive gotten about 95k in reenlistment money for 2 reenlistment so far, been in 7 1/2 years.  :D   my next reup will max out at 100k.  :aok   hopefully i can max it out.  im sure gonna try.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
new car ?
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 07:31:46 PM »
please tell me you are finacing those cars and not wasting all that capital just buying a depreciating eye catcher....
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 07:35:44 PM »
i am financing bodhi.  ive invested a good bit of it.  ;)

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
new car ?
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 07:44:45 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
please tell me you are finacing those cars and not wasting all that capital just buying a depreciating eye catcher....

What's the difference between paying cash and watching it depreciate and financing it and watching it depreciate?  You still have to sell it at the end and it won't be worth anymore just because some bank was toting the note and charging you interest.  Investing 100k and taking a loan out for a car is a bit backwards if you ask me.

Cougar, Dave Ramsey'd, Cougar

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
new car ?
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 07:49:31 PM »
wow..thats not even a choice..05 mustang for sure...

i drive an 01 and I love it....its a drop top tho..

I would defnlty get an O5 drop top..would be sweeettt

but before that i drove 2 -diesled benzos..so going to a gas v8 sure is a big differnce

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 07:51:02 PM »
Absolutley.  I will take all the 3.9% money(on car notes, run the numbers, it is often better to take 2-4% than it is to give up the rebates at 0%), and the 0.0% money they will give me.

I buy all of my electronics once per year at Best Buy on a 12 month no interest note.  Not much, $1000 bucks a year, but it is free use of their money.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
new car ?
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 08:09:08 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
lol rip.  those reenlistment bonuses are real nice.  ive gotten about 95k in reenlistment money for 2 reenlistment so far, been in 7 1/2 years.  :D   my next reup will max out at 100k.  :aok   hopefully i can max it out.  im sure gonna try.

I HATE people like you  :mad:  I've got almost 10 years under my belt and I have NEVER gotten any kind of bonus.  It's kinda degrading when a troop that you right an EPR for has 45K in the bank and you are holding off buying that Gig of DDR ram that you REALLY REALLY need till next month  ;)

DO YOU HAVE A JOB?

DO YOU HAVE $199?

IF SO YOU CAN OWN A NEW KIA TOMORROW!!!!!

JB I think that add is everywere.  The only way I'd ever buy a Kia is if they started making Jeeps :aok

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »
Why would anyone name a car KilledInAction?

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
new car ?
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 08:30:22 PM »
if it isn't a 4x4, who cares?  :D

although, the Mustang GT is hot with a lot of history behind it.  :aok

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 08:38:40 PM »
sorry gunslingr:(   when i was enlisting, i was gonna go air force, -then i talked to the navy recruiter(-10spelling) and he started throwing money that could be made at me along with quick advancement oppourtunities if i went in this nuclear power program.  so i did.:)   made some money, E7 in 7 years, seen the world and met some great people.  im pretty happy.:D

Tbolt, yep, thats what i was thinking, love the older looking stangs and this one has a few of the greats all rolled into one in it.  it is purdy:D

~S~

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
new car ?
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 08:50:07 PM »
Originally posted by Cougar68
What's the difference between paying cash and watching it depreciate and financing it and watching it depreciate?  You still have to sell it at the end and it won't be worth anymore just because some bank was toting the note and charging you interest.  Investing 100k and taking a loan out for a car is a bit backwards if you ask me.

Cougar, Dave Ramsey'd, Cougar

lol, I get 16.8 % on one fund I am invested in...

So... the 1.9% I pay on my truck each year that I financed it is worse than earning 16.8% on the money I could have paid up front?

LOL, you sound like a usbank finacial advisor... lol
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.