Author Topic: Get A Clue  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 05:17:16 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Sounds like there isn't a bug,

WTF man.  So when a CV is totally down (all ships) you think its ok to allow them to spawn LVt's and drop supplies in the water right at spawn point and have it count?  If they park CV at port there is absolutly no way to capture the base.  If this is not a bug or exploit to you then please say it again.  I will take my business back to WWIIOnline where the flying sucks bellybutton but at least they know a exploit when it is presented.

Booky

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Get A Clue
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 05:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
The issue at hand is people planned a offensive, took the right steps for capture, secured the critical advantage needed, and yet was still thwarted by an awkward problem previously unforeseen.

Hmm.  Sounds like the perfect definition of war.  By rights, whels took advantage of something he noticed within the boundaries of the environment he was given to work in, without using any outside aids or exploiting anything officially frowned upon or labelled as a bug or flaw.  

I'm not trying to be a smartprettythang.  But I am curious.  If it's been known about by you guys since AH1, and it gets you this worked up, why hasn't anyone reported it until now?  Maybe I'm wrong, and I shouldnt assume, but from what HT posted as a response earlier in this thread, it didnt seem that it was something he was aware of previously.  I'm going to avoid any more assumptions, including the obvious ones, as that's not really constructive to the situation.  I'm sure now that its been reported, something will be done about it.

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 05:23:58 PM »
It wasnt reported because people were not abusing it like this.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2004, 06:29:58 PM »
Originally posted by Booky
WTF man.  So when a CV is totally down (all ships) you think its ok to allow them to spawn LVt's and drop supplies in the water right at spawn point and have it count?  If they park CV at port there is absolutly no way to capture the base.  If this is not a bug or exploit to you then please say it again.  I will take my business back to WWIIOnline where the flying sucks bellybutton but at least they know a exploit when it is presented.

Booky

well booky people been gaming then, when CV down, to spawn many LVTs with troops to take bases?

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2004, 08:06:32 PM »
I don't disagree with your point Whels.  If the whole CV group is down (all ships) then nothing should be able to spawn.  It doesn't matter anyway, I already reactivated my other account and Im sure it wont be long before I get too frustrated to play here.

Its a shame though, the flight is one of the best ive played, but its the stupid crap that gets to me so fast.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004, 08:27:19 PM »
SOME of us are smart enough not to try and capture a port with a cv offshore resupplying it.

(edited) some are not.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Get A Clue
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 11:52:22 PM »
exactly!

You can't blame people for using the cv to supply a base, thats what supplies are meant for. Also it's 8 sets of supplies, not just one.

It's not "exploiting" anything.

Here's a clue, if you want port that has a cv next to it, kill the cv group first.

Originally posted by WMLute
SOME of us are smart enough not to try and capture a port with a cv offshore resupplying it.

(edited) some are not.

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 11:59:58 PM »
jpeg, you dope, read the whole posts.  You just agree with all of us that it is an exploit.  The point is that the CV was completely dead, all ships sunk, and waiting for its respawn.  LVT still spawn and drop supplies IN THE WATER and they still take effect.  I am fairly sure I can hit "O"; "B", wait a second for can to drop; the ".ef" then hit spawn again, I can do that 8 times in about 30-40 seconds, so you only need 1 person to do this.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 12:33:44 AM »
Originally posted by jpeg
exactly!

You can't blame people for using the cv to supply a base, thats what supplies are meant for. Also it's 8 sets of supplies, not just one.

It's not "exploiting" anything.

Here's a clue, if you want port that has a cv next to it, kill the cv group first.

The exploit comes in when you are attacking a port and the CV group that is home ported there is present.  Sink that carrier all you want, it's just gonna respawn right there at the port, and the 5second supply/ef/supply chain never gets broken.

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Get A Clue
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 11:20:27 AM »
but it takes 8 supplies, and don't tell me it only takes 5 seconds to get lvt from spawn to base.

You have to cap the base and gun down the lvts.

I know it's more of a challenge if the cv was not near port but I don't think it's a bug, exploit etc etc.

Originally posted by CavemanJ
The exploit comes in when you are attacking a port and the CV group that is home ported there is present.  Sink that carrier all you want, it's just gonna respawn right there at the port, and the 5second supply/ef/supply chain never gets broken.

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
?$#^@%&$^
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 11:22:28 AM »
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ON LAND TO DROP THOSE SUPPLIES.....IS THAT CLEAR?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 11:46:39 AM »
Originally posted by jpeg
but it takes 8 supplies, and don't tell me it only takes 5 seconds to get lvt from spawn to base.

It doesnt take 5 seconds, it takes about 2. You dont have to move at all, you just spawn, drop the supplies in the water and exit to the tower. If you had to move to land this would not be an issue.

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 12:39:03 PM »
everybody calm down! we'll take care of it.

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 12:50:35 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
Scrap, what you are talking about is completely irrelevant. The issue at hand is people planned a offensive, took the right steps for capture...

Are you sure about this one?  Think about it...

Originally posted by Scrap
Heh, why not just wait for the CV to go away?...

I'm sure the Knights would have moved the CV notrh eventually to counter your massive land grab...

Instead you all thought it would be a better idea to concentrate way too much manpower on P47 and not the surrounding airfields (which was only one at the time, to the south)...

Sounds like bad strategy to me.

Originally posted by Whels
Kweassa,

in effect, it had the intended outcome. it made the rooks focus on 1 base (p47) and forget the entire front they were working.
when i logged off, Rooks had went from attacking 6 bases
down to 1, and had 90+ pilots involved. that allowed the other knits to retake some bases and thwart the offencive steamroller

Originally posted by WMLute

(edited) some are not.

Seems this happens nine times out of ten when trying to capture an important port that one side is stuck on keeping.  One port that does come to mind is whatever P# that is SE of A10 on ndisles.  Always seems that CV is hitting A10 when the Knights have it.  We usually sink it and it returns to the port.  Then a wall of knits will scurry off to take the port so the CV will stop bothering A10.  I have yet to see this happen.  Seems A10 is doomed to forever face the threat of Carrier Ops.

Btw, this is because no one will attack the port while the CV is out hitting 10.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 01:56:53 PM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG
everybody calm down! we'll take care of it.

Not sure what there is to take care of.  You could resupply a field from the water since back in AH1 days.  Many knew of it.  Heck lots.  P47 isn't the only port where this happens.  ANY port I have tried to take w/ a nme cv offshore had this issue.  Been like this for awhile.

This seems more of an issues of a few feathers getting ruffled (read. ego's) as opposed to a "bug".

I for one don't really care either way, BUT I also don't see an issue with it.  You will rarely (I gota go back almost a year) see me droping supplies in the water, 'cause I don't like the ditch.  I would rather drive them in.

I've seen all sides do it, on all maps, going back over a year.  Just because a few guys get "vocal" on the bbs is no reason to "jump".
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit