Author Topic: <S> Aces High  (Read 567 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
<S> Aces High
« on: November 27, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support of the "Wafflesounds" site and the good words that people have said about it.

Since it's inceptionon the 14th of November - a little more than 350 folks have downloaded the pack, and numerous more the individual plane folders. Right now there have been over 13,000 hits within the website itself.

I even noticed that you can now type "wafflesounds" in MSN search and it will come up...lol.

I'm looking a redoing a few engines this holiday season as well as some aircraft hit sounds. I've gotten my hands on some good p38 sounds from the inside as well as a Yak9. And I'm still trying to find some good sounds of the Napier Sabre engine and or internal sounds from a typhoon/tempest.

Thanks again,

Waffle
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 01:18:13 AM by Waffle »

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
<S> Aces High
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 02:26:50 PM »
u rule waffle

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
<S> Aces High
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 02:35:31 PM »
Thanks for the soundpacks, Waffle... I appreciate the effort you put into them. :)

For a second, I thought this was your 'good-bye' letter and it really made me mad. :D
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
<S> Aces High
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 05:02:37 PM »
i think your pack is great waffle.

one small point tho, when loading up some sounds, most noticable for me, the breaking of the prop, and the cutting of the engine in the hurri mk1, i have found considerable lag occours.

is this a sound file proplem or something within AH itself?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
<S> Aces High
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 05:17:44 PM »
I'll check it out mechanic.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
<S> Aces High
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 05:26:29 PM »
nice one!

wasnt meant as a complaint btw, i hardly notice it with 99.9% of the sounds. just wondering if it only happened on my PC, and therefore if it was something i could modify.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
<S> Aces High
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 05:27:48 PM »
didn't take it as such mechanic - was going to look and see if the damage file might have been a higher sampling rate, or different bit depth...that's all :) Need a bug report forum for the pack :)

Try importing a damage1.wav from one of the other aircraft folders into the hurri1 folder. I noticed that the "default" damage1.wav is about 10 seconds long, and that could cause the lag, as well as the engine off wav is a little long as well.

Possible fix, if your up to it, is to shorten those two files or rename the stock damage1.wav to damageold.wav - then change the file damage2.wav to damage1.wav.

I'll look further into it... the hurricane series as well as some of the british planes are ones that I haven't spent too much time on lately...

Undertaking the accurate rate of fire sounds for the guns took awhile, but with the site up and running it will be easier now for me to pay closer attention to individual plane sounds. It will make it easily updated as I configure/record/edit new sounds for a plane set. I also plan to go back to a stock sounds settings in the sound level setup, where there is less discrepancy between levels per effect per plane selection
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 05:41:52 PM by Waffle »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
<S> Aces High
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 05:43:19 PM »
I'll give it a try, stick it in one of my music programs.  
been taking samples of AH for making some heavy drum music any way. .. hehe

best sound in the pack for me is the F4U engines, they are so Hypnotic i fall asleep and get shot down . And the guns on the Chog are devastaing now in audio as well as visual.

thanks for the help man.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
<S> Aces High
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 11:45:32 AM »
I've actaully noticed a few micro freezes since the last AH patch 3.0. I'm not sure if they are sound related or if they are related to the new skins that were put out.