Author Topic: Brother-in-law was laid off today  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Brother-in-law was laid off today
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2004, 09:05:20 AM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh
Wow – I just saw this Rip.

Our distinguished (not) mayor Kay Barnes rammed through a big tax initiative to give incentives for American to keep their maintenance facility here.

Did that go south or did American decide it wasn’t enough?

I'm not sure, Zip.

You met Chuck when we hooked up with you all for beers in a couple of years ago.

He'll get by. He's a good guy with an excellent background, and he's FAA certified to do engine inspections. He will most likely be returning to aircraft maintenance if he can find a job.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Brother-in-law was laid off today
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2004, 09:14:21 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
btw I hope he's having somekind of insurance for the case of unemployment? Kinda like medical insurance you buy or the company you work for offers to you?

The government provides unemployment insurance in the USA, Staga.  It is usually a much lesser amount than you make while working, but it keeps food on the table for six months while you look for a new position.  There are other options, such as mortgage insurance, but they are privately funded and not commonly used.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Re: Re: Re: Brother-in-law was laid off today
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2004, 09:44:22 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I'm not sure, Zip.

You met Chuck when we hooked up with you all for beers in a couple of years ago.

He'll get by. He's a good guy with an excellent background, and he's FAA certified to do engine inspections. He will most likely be returning to aircraft maintenance if he can find a job.

Ripsnort, Wouldn't that be freaky if it turned out Chuck was really Creamo, and all these years you guys were throwing rocks at each other here while unaware of each others' true identities?

That would be really trippy.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Brother-in-law was laid off today
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2004, 10:14:12 AM »
>>He's a liberal who has no concept of self reliance. To him, Govt handouts are an entitlement.<<

Wonder where I got that idea? Hmm maybe from the S&L bailout.
Dang S&L's - always have their hand out...