Author Topic: Scenario Attendance Numbers  (Read 5125 times)

Offline ARTST

• Zinc Member
      • http://WWW.RANDYGREENART.COM
Scenario Attendance Numbers
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2005, 10:27:32 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Flossy my first event was AW BoB. The next was flying under culero in his spec ops group in a26s in Longbow. I was hooked.

Yes FiLtH, the Invaders were the bane of the LW's existence in Longbone...bunch-o-base eating cheese monkeys ;-)

Dammit where's the AAA!! Bring down the 109's!

Fade to black....

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
Hiya Artst how ya been? Ya play much? Hows the artwork?

~AoM~

Offline SilverFox

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2005, 12:43:25 PM »
:lol   Hey FiLtH can you see the Coral Sea Forums?  We been kinda expecting you :D

Offline Buff1

• Zinc Member
      • http://brewsterbuffalos.com
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2005, 01:50:02 PM »
  Id love a Pac CV scenario, but it being a carrier war, the advantage of searching for and locating the enemy first would have to come into play.

Imagine a map with CV fleets, no islands. Just open water.  

Now FiLtH old buddy..... Your a great guy and a loyal community member, but I had to laugh LMLurkingAO reading that.

Everyone? Attend please.... It's Frame 5 of Operation Cartwheel I or II ( I don't recall which ). Due to a fortunate and unexpected circumstance during the running of the frame, the bomber group  under FiLtH's command  was presented with an unchallenged opportunity to alter it's secondary mission and strike at the heart of the Japanese base of Rabaul. Rabaul, which had been the primary target of the entire scenario.... Rabaul, which was clearly marked on all players maps.... Rabaul, the subject of endless command level discussions which FiLtH was involved in including a face to face meeting with the scenario CO and XO which included detailed maps..... Rabaul, the subject of more Wings and History channel documentarys than Russia has snowflakes. Timing was critical and FiLtH held defeat or victory in the frame in his hands! ARTST and I both explained the new situation via VOX and ordered him to shift from his assigned target to Rabaul. FiLtH acknowleded our orders and headed in the general direction we gave him based on his position. I even remember it, 315 degrees from his current position. About 15 minutes later, ARTST asked if he was approaching Rabaul. FiLtH replied "Yes".  Another few minutes go by and I asked why he had turned North and was approaching Kaveing having bypassed Rabaul completely! FiLtH's response? (L-o-n-g silence) "Where's Rabaul?"

So, the idea of you and your navigational skills being part of a detailed Search operation over water with no landmarks just got me howling...... :rofl  ARTST and I have NEVER forgotton that!

And yes, somewhere I have the film.........

Buff1
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 02:08:46 PM by Buff1 »

Offline ARTST

• Zinc Member
      • http://WWW.RANDYGREENART.COM
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2005, 02:01:45 PM »
Hiya Artst how ya been? Ya play much? Hows the artwork?

I'm living down in VA now...out in the Shenandoah.  Haven't played in a few years now (no time) but that'll soon change.  
Still painting away... :-]
How 'bout yourself Greg?

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2005, 05:01:03 PM »
I was in WW2OL for 3 yrs and came back here this summer. Started my plumbing business and its going very well. Here from Buff1 much? I havent seen hide nor hair of him. Hope to see u ingame sometime. Fly Rooks!:)

~AoM~

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »
Buff1

I'm up against Filth in the Coral Sea event.

I am offering Huge Bribes for said Film :) :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2005, 08:42:31 PM »
LOL I didnt see Buff1 had replied before ARTST above! LOL OOPS..and after reading what he posted I look even more the moron!  DAMN!

Hmmm...somehow my brain has disconnected that memory Buff1 :P

IIRC...we did attack Rabaul...and I died shortly after dropping my eggs...but we did do alot of damage:)

Im much better with direction now. Most days.

BTW where are ya nowadays?

~AoM~

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2005, 11:38:03 PM »
Christ on a crutch! ARTST and Buff1!

They let anybody in here, don't they! :)

culero (heyas guys, long time! ;))
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2005, 12:39:45 AM »
Artst got any samples?

~AoM~

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2005, 06:25:56 AM »
Hi ARTST and Buff1!  :)  Great to see you both again!  :D

(Flos in AW)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Gypsy Baron

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~pstrogen
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
Originally posted by ARTST
Yes FiLtH, the Invaders were the bane of the LW's existence in Longbone...bunch-o-base eating cheese monkeys ;-)

Dammit where's the AAA!! Bring down the 109's!

Fade to black....

"We Fly Way Kewl Missions"!

Yuppers, that was a great scenario and loads
of low level fun as Kelly and I took our groups
of A-26's in and around the LW countryside :)

=GB=
Gypsy Baron  AW CPID 4580
B-17G 447th Bomb Group, 709th Bomb Squadron, Serial#42-31225

Scheherazade - Lt.Phillip P. Zanoya, Pilot

M/Sgt Kenneth N. Johnson, Crew Chief
126 missions without a single mechanical abort[/b

Offline Buff1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2005, 03:01:46 PM »
Greetings and Salutations, Culero and Flossy!

Great to see the 'old guard' can still control their bladders long enough to sit and type a short post on a message board!

Starting in March of '03, I took about a 20 month hiatus from AH. I had been going full bore 30-50 hours a week in AW and AH since '94 in general play, Command of the BUFFALOS and scenario commands. To be honest, I was simply burnt out. The fun was gone and the new players that came into AH after the dreaded 'Wings Channel Commercial' didn't do anything to improve my attitude. One day in early March '03 some newbie dweeb called me a "stupid ass" because, though I gave him two '6 calls', I didn't clear his tail soon enough to prevent his demise. I just didn't need that crap, so AH went dark and remained so until recently. Also, an original BB was murdered in August '03 and that really stunned the entire squad and nobody really felt like playing games for a long time afterwards. A number of BB's have been getting itchy to hang together again in a flight sim atmosphere and AH is still the best place to do it. So.........

I never let my account lapse and have checked in here on the boards from time to time to lurk and keep up with assorted news.

In answer to FiLtH's question, I still live in Intervale about 10 miles from you....  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  We should do a pizza at Brennan's for old times sake soon!:D

Rick 'Buff1' West
CO  BREWSTER BUFFALOS

Celebrating our 10th Year in AW/AH
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 01:20:22 AM by Buff1 »

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2005, 07:17:53 PM »
Originally posted by Buff1

snip
Also, an original BB was murdered and that really stunned the squad and nobody really felt like playing games for a long time.

Wow, that's awful. Sorry to hear it, bro.

Originally posted by Buff1

snip
A number of BB's have been getting itchy to hang together again in a flight sim atmosphere and AH is still the best place to do it. So.........

Kewl.

Be sure to contact Yoj and tell him there's an IDIOT shortage here so he'll know how badly we need him ;)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Buff1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2005, 01:30:57 AM »
YOJ has fully justified the "YOJ is an idiot" threads in real life. After being a life long batchelor, he got married last year at age 57.

I post with him daily and he is all set for an AH return as many old line BB's are. I'll let him know of your wishes for him to get on the boards..... ;)

What's become of LUGS, KID and ZIPPY? I hope they still darken the virtual skies. Wouldn't be the same without 'em.....:(