Author Topic: UN official slams U.S. tsunami aid as 'stingy'...  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
UN official slams U.S. tsunami aid as 'stingy'...
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2004, 11:05:23 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
The western world could do so much more Muckmaw, and you "forgot" to mention in your headline that he didnt slam only the U.S. but the wester world in general.

Yeah?

How many others are listed by name?

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2004, 11:06:17 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
The USA offered $15 million, Egeland whined, USA gave more.

"The rich shrecker looked down on the hapless man and said 'so ... your home and everything you own was washed out to sea? Ok, tell you what; if you say pretty please with sugar on top, I'll give you a quarter'. The other people on the street looked upon the rich shrecker with disgust and each gave the man a dollar. Not wanting to be outdone by the little people the rich shrecker forks up ten dollar bills and throws them at the pleading man's feet. The rich shrecker quickly walks away mumbling 'ungrateful bastards'."

So, are you saying that the U.S. was only planning on giving 15mill...  Period... and the only reason we offered more was because we were called "stingy"?

Where do you get your "enlightened" information from?  I guess I must be an ignorant american ass-hole, since I didn't know this.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2004, 11:16:54 AM »
The U.S. will end up giving aid that will cost billions.That people are so quick to criticise a country that gives more aid than any other country,or combination of countries speaks volumes.

Powell quote,"The United States has given more aid in the last four years than any other nation or combination of nations
 in the world," Powell said when asked about the comments Monday by Jan Egeland, the U.N. humanitarian aid chief."

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2004, 12:22:11 PM »
Look at that.  GSholz is making even more friends.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2004, 01:30:13 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
A pity that those wishing to give aid are so often bashed for their support.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4130599.stm

Also, while a terrible tragedy, this doesn't make the top 50 for worst, my friend.

But it will most likely be the greatest natural disaster we will witness in our lifetime. And on a scale of area effected and damage it probably is the worlds greatest natural disaster.

....-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2004, 01:46:51 PM »
Originally posted by ET
So what did those nations give to the Florida relief fund ?

You expect some of the least wealthy nations on earth to be able to donate money to Florida and the US the wealthiest nation on earth when they get hit by a few hurricanes? I'm sure if they east coast of the US had been hit by a 30 meter Tsunami that there would be the same level of aid and donations from the same countries that are assisting SE asia.  Or would you be expecting a cheque from the Andaman or Nicobar islands?

Don't forget that when the US had all those horendus forrest fires a couple of summers ago that countries did assist. Maybe not finanically but with what was criticle at the time expertise in fighting fires and fire equipment. I know Australia and New Zealand sent Fire Crews,equipment and most important of all experts in figthing bush fires.

So try and leave your "boo hoo f*** the world they never help us" immaturity at the door.

....-Gixer

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2004, 02:32:24 PM »
I think a lot of you are missing the point... there is plenty of misery to go around... people are dying od all sorts of things...  people are underfed and living in horrible conditions...  there is tyranny...

Point is... the UN and this jan ahole do absolutely nothing that I can see in any effective way to relieve any of this misery... they are not the least bit cost effective and have proven to be little more than criminals ...  

further... the U.S. is the biggest contributer to all forms of aid combined... as stated... 10% of the population gives over 40% of the worlds aid.    we do it voluntarily...  I find the UN extremely offensive.... everything about their hypocritical, self ritghtious and criminal organization stinks to high heaven.

and... they should pay their frigging bills the liberal little deadbeats.

since norway is such a good friend to the UN I think we ought to move the building to ice bear country.

lazs

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2004, 03:26:03 PM »
Sure they can raise my taxes, of course that would mean I would have to cut my contibution to a summer camp for little kids with AIDS.

OOPS sorry that was a domestic thing I guess helping out at home does not count in the wide world.

I do not require a thank you or even credit for what the U.S. does that is positve, just please do not spit in our eye when we do it.

BTW campheartland  is where my money goes, look it up on the net.

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2004, 03:37:34 PM »
That might be the future since people tend to get PO'ed by comments like this from ignorant American ass-holes like you.

Do you really believe the crap that spews from your mouth?
I cant believe that you could possibly be this big of a moron.
But who knows i might be wrong.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2004, 03:37:57 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp

According to CNN:

Forty Percent of the WORLDS total humanitarian aid budget is provided by the United States.  Less than ten percent of the world's population funds 40 percent of the bill.

Crumpp

Knew it was a lot, didn't know it was that much.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2004, 03:42:30 PM »
Quick bring water Gsholtz Brain is on fire

http://aqvist.bmc.uu.se/dombo/videos/burningfart.mov

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2004, 03:43:51 PM »
Wasn't Scholz the guy recently posting that the US was flat broke, our dollar is in a terminal spiral and we're about to implode economically?

But now were the "rich shreckers"?

I thought the people living in countries that have switched to the Euro were the new world power? I thought THEY were the rich guys now.

It's all so confusing.

:rofl
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2004, 03:43:59 PM »
eagl.money | mouth

http://www.redcross.org international response fund.

Every little counts.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Jayclark

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2004, 04:09:30 PM »
Why did anyone have to bring up Norway?  You knew their spokesperson would follow soon after.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2004, 06:06:43 PM »
That might be the future since people tend to get PO'ed by comments like this from ignorant American ass-holes like you.

You sir..made it to the top of my personal list of Jerks on this BBS.:aok
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles