Author Topic: Advanced training available.......  (Read 3086 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Advanced training available.......
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2005, 04:56:26 PM »
Nomak ,

Sure ya know me....But I would like some training as well. I'll email you in a couple days time. I'm really in need of knowing WTH I am not doing as well as what I am doing.:)
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2005, 06:32:15 PM »
Originally posted by Despair
I have just spent a cpl of hours in DA with Nomak. He is a really good teacher. Every player should definately take his lessons even if you thnk you are good. I will be joining his sessions on every opportunity I have.

I appoligize for our session getting cut a little short.  I will make it up to ya next time.

c yas up.... Dave

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 06:39:37 PM »
Originally posted by Naudet

But i most admit i would really like to try it out with a Dora first if you have no problem with that Nomak. It was and is my absolute favoured ride. Changing to the A5 only in case it doesn't really work with the Dora.

Thats fine with me.  We will start with the D9 if you prefer.  I am willing to bet though that after a few training sessions you will start to prefer the A5 ;)

Originally posted by Naudet

P.S.: I should mention that i always considered myself as the worst 1v1 pilot ever, but as a very good "combat" flyer cause i utilized SA and surprise to the edge and so i really like the confusion of multiplane engagements.
;)

Im sure we can remedy that in no time flat.

c yas up.... Dave

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 06:44:42 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for thier kind words and recommendations.  It is very cool to know that so many players are behind what im trying to accomplish.

I am very pleased with how everything has gone from the responses to the actual training.

Thx!

c yas up...... Dave

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 06:58:17 PM »
keep up the good work.  when i get back from my pirates! hiatus, i'll also do some, perhaps with a 3rd we can do wingman tactical training... 2 v 1, etc...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2005, 10:35:45 PM »
Hey KillnU....  Lots O fun tonight ;)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2005, 05:50:56 AM »
was a blast, thanks for the fights Nomak and the help.  ill have to find ya again someday after i practice up.;)

:D   ~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2005, 09:36:39 AM »
Thought I'd drop in and say hi.

I met despair the other night while he was training with nomak. Hes a heck of a guy. First class and really has a handle on what this game is about for him. It was alot of fun to hang out in there again.

I have to say that if you are looking for that next level in this game, Nomak is the guy who can give you a boost up to it. After flying for a little more than a year, I met him in the MA. He was asking for a dueling partner so I volunteered. I came to find out that night how very little I knew about ACM and fighting in general. Probably 2 1/2 years later and hundreds of hours spent in the DA, here we are. I owe much if not all of how I fly to Nomak.

He is in my honest opinion the best trainer within the DA that I've ever known and probably the best ever in there period. He's got a way of doing things, and teaching that is second to none.

We're all lucky to have him. So value the time you spend with him. As good as you think you are, he will always show you that you have a thing or two yet to learn.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2005, 09:45:14 AM »
The only thing stopping me from givin ya a shot Nomak is I'm not sure if I'm "advanced" enough. I know the basics but most guys that have posted here have been flying for awhile and I'm sure are well above me in skill. I just don't want to waste your time(I can see you're a popular guy:))I dunno, morph you dueled me, what do you think??? Thanks
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2005, 10:05:50 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
The only thing stopping me from givin ya a shot Nomak is I'm not sure if I'm "advanced" enough. I know the basics but most guys that have posted here have been flying for awhile and I'm sure are well above me in skill. I just don't want to waste your time(I can see you're a popular guy:))I dunno, morph you dueled me, what do you think??? Thanks

I think your "advanced" enough to train with Nomak. But its a moot point really. The teacher can only teach as well as the student can learn. And in saying that, I think your more than suited to benifit from Nomak.

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2005, 12:11:52 PM »
After sitting on the sidelines the other night, I'm going to jump in if the opportunity presents itself. Saw some really fun fights.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2005, 01:25:05 PM »
Nomak,

I think you may have started something here.  

I got EXTREMELY frustrated in the MA last night....to the point where I wanted to switch sides just to find a fight.

Then I realized....DUELING ARENA!

Got 4 of my squaddies...Pepr, 6dan, ericred and myself in the DA.

We did 2v2 for about an hour and man was it FUN!  We all learned alot...I learned my squaddies are damn good pilots...some very insightful flying!

Thanks again for AWAKENING me....I appreciate it...still practicing and getting the hang of things...wont come quickly but it is coming....

Thanks again Dave!

Regards,

Mike
TG12:aok

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2005, 01:39:17 PM »
I feel like I just got done reading a Paid announcement on TV.  The only thing missing was the $9.99 special at the end.  Up till now, the only thing I thought Nomak was good for was holes in my airplane and a flaming decent.  :D  

I'll have to try to hook up with you one of these nights Nomak.

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2005, 07:58:46 PM »
lol Nopoop will charge you the TWENTY BUCKS
after the training sessions.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2005, 05:05:46 AM »
Yea But with Nomak its pay as you go ...

I have no idea where he gets his rates from though .,
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation