Author Topic: Make Iran Make the 1st Move  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Re: Re: off topic, but worth it
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2005, 01:15:22 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
The Police are allowed to use them. I look at Nuclear weapons as the same. The good guys have them to make sure the bad guys dont get out of line.

please what? the USA is NOT the world police, no thank you.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Make Iran Make the 1st Move
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2005, 01:44:07 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
The ability we have in completely destroying another civilization whether it be by Nukes, Chems, or Bios has been what's been protecting us from any WMD attack. We have the ability and will use it if we're attacked by another country.
Like it or not, that's been the best reason why we haven't been attacked by another country.

We're going down a very dangerous and costly road if we're going to go around attacking those that we feel might attack us just because they have the capability of what they might do if they chose to do it. Looks like we fear them, and we shouldn't.

The USSR and China were much bigger threats because they actually had the capability and had our cities targeted. LOL, they didn't like us either.
Let's say Iran tries to deliver a nuke and detonate it on US soil.
How does it get here? It'll escape detection? If we found it and traced it to Iran, bye-bye Iran.
What type, fission or fusion? How deadly? How large would it be?
It just isn't going to happen as it would assure their destruction.
Now we can change course and stop the saber rattling and open up diplomatic relations with Iran. Iran would make a good ally.
It's high time they saw the good in America instead of the bad side as we've not really given them a confidence in us as an ally.
Once we stop fearing each other, the sooner we could move forward in a mutually beneficial relationship.

Well written.. I think it was Miko2d long ago that had a quote something like:

'When goods don't cross borders, armies will..'

The ability to achieve honest communication should be priority one..

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2005, 01:56:06 PM »
If I was threatned by someone with a gun, I would make sure I had a gun next time I met this guy.

Maybe they donīt have Nukes now, but if USA keeps this game up, they sure will find some.

Trusting Pakistan as allied is a very big misstake, theese are the ones that supplied Iran with the technology and that will suply the bomb as well.
Remember, theese guys where also supporting the Talibans in Afghanistan. Their leader is a Dictator and he has a lot to lose in this "game" between "religions". He knows heīs next in line after Iran and Syria.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: off topic, but worth it
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2005, 02:09:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
please what? the USA is NOT the world police, no thank you.

You seemed to like us being the world police when we saved your arses in WW2!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: off topic, but worth it
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2005, 02:11:21 PM »
You seemed to like us being the world police when we saved your arses in WW2!

Ghost is a German, I think you can understand why he might not like the world police...

Sir! Put your arms down and slowly step away from the Poland!  

;)

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2005, 02:11:38 PM »
Why do you think the Iranians hate us?
What have we ever done to them that they can consider positive?
When have they ever attacked us?

Let's see, the Shah and his CIA and Mossad trained SAVAK.
They take our hostages (they were pissed).
We freeze their assets (We were pissed).
We urged Saddam's starting his invasion of Iran as we thought the post revolution Iran as weak militarily.
We were instrumental in Saddam gettin his hands on some WMDs that were used against the Iranians.
When we were supposed to be a neutral patrolling the Gulf during that Iran/Iraq war, we ended up taking sides after one of our ships gets bombed (Exocet) by an Iraqi Aircraft!
We ended up shooting down (accidental) an Iranian airliner which resulted in the deaths of all of its civillian passengers.
So far not so good for US/Iran relations.

The relations start to thaw under HWB and the Clinton Administrations.

Iran/US seem close to opening up diplomatic relations. We're not so seemingly pissed off at each other.
Anti-American rhetoric seemingly slows down in Iran.

Then comes the "Axis of Evil" speech by G. Bush.
We have targeted Iran.
That along with Invading Afghanistan, then Iraq (on false WMD charges).
We've got troops beyond Iran's western border in Iraq.
We have troops beyond Iran's eastern border in Afghanistan.
We have "allies" in Turkey, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia, all close to or on the border with Iran.

Iran is fearing us right about now, so the increase in anti-American sentiment is not surprising.
You think all of our anti-Iranian speeches and threats are going to have them like us?

We've shown that we have invaded other countries, occupied them, and overthrew their govt's.

Right now is not the time to be rattling our sabres.
We should be extending the olive branch and try to develop our relations, both diplomatically and in business.

War and hatred is just too costly in wasted dollars and lives lost.

They hate us because we are infidels. I.E we dont all believe in Allah and that mohammed is the one and only prophet. Doesnt matter what we do/say we are fundamentally flawed in their eyes.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2005, 02:38:09 PM »
We were instrumental in Saddam gettin his hands on some WMDs that were used against the Iranians.

How was the US instrumental in Saddam getting his hands on WMD? Show some proof.

How does it get here? It'll escape detection?

Thousands of tons of drugs get smuggled into the US all the time. A more appropriate question would be.....How do we stop one from getting here in the first place.

It just isn't going to happen as it would assure their destruction.

Islamists dont worry about their own destruction, they just become martyrs. Dying in the name of Allah is a good thing in their eyes.

Remember we were told that there were untold numbers of Al Quaeda training bases and that we were going to go hunt down Bin Laden and his group.

I remember being told about 4 Al-Qaeada training bases in Afghanistan, I do believe they have been destroyed.

So can the STUPID anti-American garbage statements.

I've re-read my post several times. I have tried looking at my own post from different perspectives. I have yet to be able to see anything *anti-american* in it. My comment about *how blind are you* referred specifically to chemical precursors, 550 artillery shells filled with mustard gas, and other items that were known to exist but have never been accounted for. The 550 artillery  shells were somehow *misplaced* by the Iraqi army.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2005, 02:39:55 PM »
They hate us because we are infidels. I.E we dont all believe in Allah and that mohammed is the one and only prophet. Doesnt matter what we do/say we are fundamentally flawed in their eyes.

You have that exactly right raider. We will never have peace with Islam simply because we are all infidels that dont believe and only deserve death because of it.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »

Jews and christians and those who believe in the old iranian Zarathustra religion are not defined as infidels.

There are christian churches in Iran and also the holy buildings of the other religions and they are protected because - for example - in the Koran Jesus is not described as the son of God like in the Bible but as a holy prophet.

The constitution of Iran had defined the monotheistic religions as such who have to be protected.
And so - in the iranian parliament - by constitutional rule - there is also 1 christian, 1 jewish and 1 zoroasrian member without having to be elected in order to represent their religions in the parliament.

So these infidel/heretic-things you wrote is simply not true.
But I see that the propaganda machine to prepare the people for a war against Iran is working fine.

I just wait for news that Iran is able to strike WMD-attacks against USA within 45 minutes, so a preemptive strike has to be done...

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2005, 03:03:42 PM »
Originally posted by babek-
Jews and christians and those who believe in the old iranian Zarathustra religion are not defined as infidels.

There are christian churches in Iran and also the holy buildings of the other religions and they are protected because - for example - in the Koran Jesus is not described as the son of God like in the Bible but as a holy prophet.

The constitution of Iran had defined the monotheistic religions as such who have to be protected.
And so - in the iranian parliament - by constitutional rule - there is also 1 christian, 1 jewish and 1 zoroasrian member without having to be elected in order to represent their religions in the parliament.

So these infidel/heretic-things you wrote is simply not true.
But I see that the propaganda machine to prepare the people for a war against Iran is working fine.

I just wait for news that Iran is able to strike WMD-attacks against USA within 45 minutes, so a preemptive strike has to be done...

That must be why Iran helps fund and support Hamas. Hamas is a terrorist organization that attacks Israel regularly. I dont believe that protections extended to their own countrymen apply to Americans or to Jews living in Israel heh.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 03:20:13 PM by Elfie »

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2005, 03:06:40 PM »

When we were supposed to be a neutral patrolling the Gulf during that Iran/Iraq war, we ended up taking sides after one of our ships gets bombed (Exocet) by an Iraqi Aircraft!
We ended up shooting down (accidental) an Iranian airliner which resulted in the deaths of all of its civillian passengers.

Thanks for nice summary.

I will try to make this part more exact.

US sold Tow`s to Iran, official excuse were some terrorist in Lebanon.
US sold Tow`s to Iran again and again.

One day SH were informed, that his tanks were hit by TOW. Then he accidentaly hit american ship.
Then USAF shotdown Iranian civil airliner.

Then Iran and Iraq ended war, because it were clear, that the only one concern of US is to sell weapons, have profit  and damage both countries as much as possible.

War took 8 years.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2005, 03:22:03 PM »

Ahh poor brainwashed boy.

here are some hints for you

few more

But im sure that all of that is BS, since you did hear on TV that Iran is full of islamist terrorist with mission goal to annihilate US and Israel....

But you are total noob and you have no balls to visit iran and ask Iranian Jewish hows the life in iran.

If you need more milk, just call you mummy

here is another wide spread religion in Iran zoroastrianism

I can imagine that it doesnt suite to Israeli/US politics, that In Iran you can go to the dinner with Muslims, Jews, Catholics atheist at once and nobody want to kill anybody.....

Come on show me that you arent an ******* im going to iran in 6 months or so for my 3rd time.... come with me i will take you around. And you can buy carpet with mickey mouse

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2005, 03:24:05 PM »
Yeah, the US never chose one side or the other, we helped both sides. I dont agree with that, but we did.

As far as *damage both sides as much as possible* goes, I dont think the Reagan administration wanted either side to come out as a clear winner and wanted both belligerents to come out of the war weaker than they went in.

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2005, 03:24:14 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
That must be why Iran helps fund and support Hamas. Hamas is a terrorist organization that attacks Israel regularly. I dont believe that protections extended to their own countrymen apply to Americans heh.

Hmmm... when the USA supported terrorists - like those who fought the communist regime in Nicaragua - they did it surely to fight and kill christian infidels ? :rolleyes:

What a nonsense.

Its politic - nothing else.

Every nation in this world and in human history has used groups and persons for their political reasons.

And its also interesting how fast so called "freedom fighters" and "good guys" are definded later by the very same supporters as "terrorists" and "bad guys".

It should not be forgotton that creatures like Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein were once supported by the USA and celebrated as freedom fighters or friends.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2005, 03:28:36 PM »
But you are total noob and you have no balls to visit iran and ask Iranian Jewish hows the life in iran.

Maybe you should go to Israel and ask Israeli Jews how they like Hamas (funded by the Iranian gov't) killing their people?