Author Topic: Make Iran Make the 1st Move  (Read 4157 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Make Iran Make the 1st Move
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2005, 03:29:15 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
That must be why Iran helps fund and support Hamas. Hamas is a terrorist organization that attacks Israel regularly. I dont believe that protections extended to their own countrymen apply to Americans or to Jews living in Israel heh.

here is what  Hamas  is

And now be so kind and  explain me, whitch political party is terrorist organization and whitch political party isnt terrorist organization.... or how to determine it.

thx

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2005, 03:31:24 PM »
lol oh yeah I forgot all the moderate iranians. Like the ones who issued a fatwah against rushdie for writing a book. Who did that again? oh yeah the ayatolla.(sorry for spelling but  I gotta get to class) some nice guys over there. Want to kill people for writing books. be back to discuss more how nice guys they are and we should play some cards with them sometime.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2005, 03:31:35 PM »
Maybe you should go to Israel and ask Israeli Jews how they like Hamas (funded by the Iranian gov't) killing their people?

not true Hamas was founded by my grany.
and if you want to beat me, post some links. Thx.

EDIT: we better do not ask who invested $1 bil. into afghan terrorists fighters and organized bigest army of worsters criminals of ME.

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2005, 03:31:46 PM »
Originally posted by babek-
Hmmm... when the USA supported terrorists - like those who fought the communist regime in Nicaragua - they did it surely to fight and kill christian infidels ? :rolleyes:

Hey, they where convicted and found guilty. They have served their time for this crime: AKA, payed the dues.
Regan just by pure luck, cleared out from the courtrooms in Haag, as Nicaragua did´nt make a complaint there. It is even mention in the VERDICT against USA.

USA is the only state in the world that have used Nukes, the only state that has been convicted as terrorist-state, by the international court of law.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2005, 03:32:15 PM »
It should not be forgotton that creatures like Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein were once supported by the USA and celebrated as freedom fighters or friends.

I already posted about the US supporting both sides of the Iran-Iraq war.

Osama bi-Laden was fighting the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan when we supported him. That was during the cold war and a very different era than the one we are now in. We can't forget that either ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: off topic, but worth it
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
gotta be joking. Your gonna give guns to extremists? Their rights are protected too huh? Sorry but I dont agree. Only law-abiding, non-fanatical people should be allowed to posses weapons of any kind. Now you talking nukes. One guy with a friggin machine gun could kill a couple thousand maybe if they all just stood there for it. 1 guy with a nuke could do what 3 or 4 million in the right place. Relating a firearm to a nuke is pure fantasy. Iran wants them to either keep us at bay or use them to exert dominance in the region. Either way that is a threat to us and World Security and that cannot be allowed to happen.

By the way why you are quoting all those countries that have nukes and there hasnt been a problem I suggest you read up on Pakistan and India, In case you forgot they were detonating them in retaliation to each others testing. That is a pure example of a nuclear detonation causing another country to use one. Testing or not I am not in favor of letting any more countries have them. I dont really care who it is. Enough of them exist in the world. No One needs them.

If I can put it like this maybe you will understand. In america It is illegal to own machine guns. (in most states and without going through appropiate checks and getting licensed) The Police are allowed to use them. I look at Nuclear weapons as the same. The good guys have them to make sure the bad guys dont get out of line.

R179 - you would need to have been in at the ground floor of these gun threads to understand what I'm saying to NUKE. :aok

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2005, 03:40:45 PM »
Maybe you should go to Israel and ask Israeli Jews how they like Hamas (funded by the Iranian gov't) killing their people?

yeah israeli politics are fools.
Its clear... so i dont mind , that people of israel elected their leaders and they leaders created for them sutch a terrible conditions  for living.  If people of israel belive in arms and killing, they have what they wanted to have. If they do not like it, they can change it. But they probably like it very much so they keep supporting sutch politic.

Btw how is it related to fact, that in Iran all religion groups live in peace and in small israel and palestine they cant ?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2005, 03:41:48 PM »
Originally posted by lada
here is what  Hamas  is

And now be so kind and  explain me, whitch political party is terrorist organization and whitch political party isnt terrorist organization.... or how to determine it.

thx

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/TerrorAttacks.html

Unless I have miscounted, FIFTY terrorist attacks against Israel since April of 1994 are attributed to Hamas. Some of the attacks Hamas had help from other organizations but most they did by themselves.

Another link to Hamas terrorist attacks against Israel.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/victims.html

Hamas has a politcal agenda that they back up with terrorist attacks.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2005, 03:49:06 PM »
Btw how is it related to fact, that in Iran all religion groups live in peace and in small israel and palestine they cant ?

Just because they have learned to get along with each other in their own country does not mean they dont sponsor groups to attack Israel or that they like America. Israel and the palestinians are a different can of worms altogether. Both sides have their hands dirty in that one.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »

Hamas has a politcal agenda that they back up with terrorist attacks.

Well thanks for links.
But you didnt tell me, whitch political organization should be considered as terrorist organization and whitch should not.

For example. If you consider Hamas to be rather terrorist organization that political, im asking why? There are some other political organization who kill much more people a year and they are not considered to be an terrorist.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2005, 03:52:38 PM »
Originally posted by lada
here is what  Hamas  is

thx

From your link, 2nd and 3rd lines....

Hamas is also Arabic for 'zeal' or 'courage') is a Palestinian Islamist paramilitary and political organization, regarded by some as a militant organization and by others as a terrorist group.

3rd and 4th lines......

The United States, Canada, Israel and the European Union, among others, consider Hamas a terrorist organization

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »
Just because they have learned to get along with each other in their own country does not mean they dont sponsor groups to attack Israel or that they like America. Israel and the palestinians are a different can of worms altogether. Both sides have their hands dirty in that one.

Who do you mean by THEY ? Who do you mean by " Iran sponsor terrorists" ?

Do you mean that ritch bussinesman living in  Kermanshah or someone who is member of some iranian political party  with representaion in parlament ? Some evidence ?

And who found this information and when ?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2005, 03:57:01 PM »
But you didnt tell me, whitch political organization should be considered as terrorist organization and whitch should not.

Thats not up to me to decide. /shrug

Imo....this is JUST my opinion. If you specifically target civilians in your attacks then you are a terrorist. This is not to be confused with say, accidentally hitting a wrong target and causing civilian deaths. Things like suicide bombers hitting a cafe full of people for instance, or bombing a federal building in Oklahoma.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2005, 03:59:55 PM »
Who do you mean by THEY ?

Iran.

Who do you mean by " Iran sponsor terrorists" ?

Give me a few minutes on that one, I have seen the information before, just have to find it again.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2005, 04:20:32 PM »
Iran
Since the inauguration of moderate President Mohammad Khatami in 1997, Iran has taken steps towards liberalization and made conciliatory gestures towards the United States—including public condemnations of terrorist attacks by Algerian and Egyptian groups. It remains, however, one of the most active state sponsors of international terrorism. It continues to support terrorist groups. In the trial of an Iranian and four Lebanese for the 1992 killing of Iranian Kurdish dissidents in a Berlin restaurant, a German court in 1997 found the Government of Iran to have implemented a policy of assassinating dissidents abroad. Iran conducted at least 13 such assassinations in 1997.
Affiliated Groups: Lebanese Hezbollah, Hamas, PIJ, PKK
Sanctions: The Iran & Libya Sanctions Act of 1996 deprives foreign companies of certain economic benefits for investing in Iran's energy sectors.

link to above information, http://www.infoplease.com/spot/terrorism4.html

Didnt find the same link as I saw before, but found this one instead.

Iran

Iran remained the most active state sponsor of terrorism in 2003. Its Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Ministry of Intelligence and Security were involved in the planning of and support for terrorist acts and continued to exhort a variety of groups that use terrorism to pursue their goals.

Iran’s record against al-Qaida remains mixed. After the fall of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, some al-Qaida members fled to Iran where they have found virtual safehaven. Iranian officials have acknowledged that Tehran detained al-Qaida operatives during 2003, including senior members. Iran’s publicized presentation of a list to the United Nations of deportees, however, was accompanied by a refusal to publicly identify senior members in Iranian custody on the grounds of “security.” Iran has resisted calls to transfer custody of its al-Qaida detainees to their countries of origin or third countries for further interrogation and trial.

During 2003, Iran maintained a high-profile role in encouraging anti-Israeli activity, both rhetorically and operationally. Supreme Leader Khamenei praised Palestinian resistance operations, and President Khatami reiterated Iran’s support for the “wronged people of Palestine” and their struggles. Matching this rhetoric with action, Iran provided Lebanese Hizballah and Palestinian rejectionist groups -- notably HAMAS, the Palestine Islamic Jihad, and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine–General Command -- with funding, safehaven, training, and weapons. Iran hosted a conference in August 2003 on the Palestinian intifadah, at which an Iranian official suggested that the continued success of the Palestinian resistance depended on suicide operations.

Iran pursued a variety of policies in Iraq aimed at securing Tehran’s perceived interests there, some of which ran counter to those of the Coalition. Iran has indicated support for the Iraqi Governing Council and promised to help Iraqi reconstruction.

Shortly after the fall of Saddam Hussein, individuals with ties to the Revolutionary Guard may have attempted to infiltrate southern Iraq, and elements of the Iranian Government have helped members of Ansar al-Islam transit and find safehaven in Iran. In a Friday Prayers sermon in Tehran in May, Guardian Council member Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati publicly encouraged Iraqis to follow the Palestinian model and participate in suicide operations against Coalition forces.

Iran is a party to five of the 12 international conventions and protocols relating to terrorism

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2003/31644.htm