Author Topic: Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you  (Read 6403 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 03:34:25 PM »
I sure hope you Russians get that 'tard before he pulls another Beslan.

Otoh I dont understand why the Russians are back in Chechyna. Whats so bad about letting those people rule themselves?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 03:56:06 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Ya know, if the Chechens weren't using such horrible ways of trying to gain thier independence, the whole world would be with them.  Blowing up defenseless kids to make a point... wtf.  I have zero sympathy for what happens to the militant Chechens now.

Seems the world didn't care for the Chechen's then when they weren't doing what they're doing now.
Anyone here that were around before the theater and school terror incidents post about the Chechen's plight?
What we're seeing is an escalation of their war.
The Russians have basically two choices:
1) Total War where they wipe out most every Chechen.
2) Make peace and allow for the Chechen's independence.

To think of the thousands of casualies inflicted on the Chechens didn't include innocent elderly, children, infants, etc are being a bit naive.

BTW, I am in no way condoning this latest escalation of Chechen attacks on civillians. These are made out of desperation, hate, and revenge.

No easy answers here.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2005, 04:01:10 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
Russia you have my support to wax these mo-fo's from the face of the earth using whatever means you deam neccessary.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/03/chechnya.ap/index.html

at least this time we hope the US will have the good sense to not get involved :mad:
cause you know who was our dear child in Afghanistan in the 80s

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 06:25:23 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Ya know, if the Chechens weren't using such horrible ways of trying to gain thier independence, the whole world would be with them.  Blowing up defenseless kids to make a point... wtf.  I have zero sympathy for what happens to the militant Chechens now.

Yea..its alomost unbelievable theyre that stupid.  Putin couldnt have paid somebody to give him a better excuse to rewrite the Russian constitution.  I guess those bearded terrorists, evil genuises as they are, really dont think through that they are actually working more for the countries that they attack, than they claim to be fighting for.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2005, 09:51:14 PM »
Originally posted by Nashwan

Saying it's a war zone, therefore ok, misses the point, I think.

I'm fairly sure the Chechen parents who've lost their children won't simply shrug it off because their children were killed in "a war zone".

There is no justification for atrocities,  and giving "permission" for a new set because of the previous set is only going to perpetuate matters.

Its easy to form an opinion when one side's set of actions is live on TV

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Here's how I see it.  

I never have had a problem with how the Russians deal with the Chechyans.

But I expect the Russians to not have a problem with how the Israeli's deal with the Palestinians or how we deal with the Insurgents.

Israel is the only country that completely supports Russian operation in Chechnya.

I am 100% pro-Israely.

Imagine, in 1999 when bastards blew up two apartment homes in Moscow - one of them could be my house. I could simply die sleeping in a collapsing house at midnight, like 400+ Russians killed in apartment bombings.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2005, 08:11:37 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Otoh I dont understand why the Russians are back in Chechyna. Whats so bad about letting those people rule themselves?

Again: they were let to live on themselves in 1996-99 they kept killing everyone, entertained themselves by public executions by Shariat law, finally got nothing to rob anymore and invaded Dagestan (a neighbouring Moslim republic) in August 1999. They got kicked out of there by local militants fighting together with Federal forces. Like 122mm howitzers working on Chechen positions for 8 hours and then Dagestanians with AKs cleansing what was left. With bayonets. Finishing that bastards like pigs.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2005, 08:20:20 AM »
Leaving aside the rather specious argument over past Russian atrocities, please explain to me, in rational terms if at all possible, why the school children were legitimate targets.

Why did they have to die?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2005, 08:20:47 AM »
Originally posted by lada
well i agree .. did you ever see what are russian troops doing in Checna ?

Did YOU see it?

If the enemy doesn't surrender - it is destroyed.

If they hide behind the backs of their women and elders - elders have to tell them not to do so. Otherwise - we have rocket artillery.

One BM-21 round in exchange for one AK shot. This is the way it should be. It is WAR, brother.

This bastards slaughtered all Soviet non-Chechen people in Chechnya in 1942 and gave an oath to Hitler. Stalin was a real humanist to simply load them on railway cars and deliver them to Kazakh steppes. When they returned in late-50s the first thing they did was to slaughter Russians again.

I am not bloodthirsty. Only pragmatic.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2005, 08:27:22 AM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Leaving aside the rather specious argument over past Russian atrocities, please explain to me, in rational terms if at all possible, why the school children were legitimate targets.

Why did they have to die?

There are many different cultures on planet Earth. For Chechens kids are nothing more then disposable material.

This sad fact is never mentioned in Russian propaganda (I admit that there is heavy propaganda in RF on Chechen problem). As a mountain-hiker I have travelled thousands of kilometers in Caucasus and I can say that I understand that people to some extent. Most of other nations in Caucasus hate Chechens, and one of the reasons is that for them (Chechens) a child is not a human. It's something between a sheep and a cow.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2005, 08:31:04 AM »
You reap what you sow. The russian army has a history of warcrimes and unlawful attacks against civillians. I have knowledge only starting from WW2 but there must be more.

The cycle of revenge goes on and on.

That said, I have seen a few of the execution videos (beheadings) performed by chechens and it made me feel angry even knowing the ones executed had blood on their hands too.

To tell you the truth, I'd be quite happy to see the world without BOTH of them.

Yeah, that sounds good. :aok

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2005, 08:35:36 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
To tell you the truth, I'd be quite happy to see the world without BOTH of them.

Please accept my sincere thanks.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2005, 11:22:15 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Did YOU see it?

If the enemy doesn't surrender - it is destroyed.

If they hide behind the backs of their women and elders - elders have to tell them not to do so. Otherwise - we have rocket artillery.

One BM-21 round in exchange for one AK shot. This is the way it should be. It is WAR, brother.

This bastards slaughtered all Soviet non-Chechen people in Chechnya in 1942 and gave an oath to Hitler. Stalin was a real humanist to simply load them on railway cars and deliver them to Kazakh steppes. When they returned in late-50s the first thing they did was to slaughter Russians again.

I am not bloodthirsty. Only pragmatic.

well Boroda ... so what did you achieve by those 6 years of "war" in chechna beside Beslan  ?

What exactly do you expect to get with this attitude ?

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »
wasnt stalin virtually erased from the history books over there at some point?

i find it odd to be reading a defense of the man, if not wholly unsettling.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2005, 11:33:08 AM »
Kruschev denounced Stalin at a Party Congress in ... like 1954.

Just a few years after Stalin's death anyway.  Kind of shocked the system.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!