Author Topic: Who served?  (Read 3073 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2005, 07:25:31 PM »
Only scotch, and only scotch that is old enough to vote.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Who served?
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2005, 09:25:39 PM »
Who got served?
EDIT: DAMMIT MT!!

Offline greentail

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who served?
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2005, 12:43:55 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead

Do you know how many Viet Vets it takes to change a lightbulb?

Of COURSE you don't, dude, because YOU WEREN'T THERE!!! :mad:

Yes, that is true, I wasn't there. And neither was George W.Bush, Dick Cheney, Trent Lott, Tom Delay,  Bill Frist, Dennis Hastert, Paul Wolfowitz, and Richard Perle.

There is one difference between myself and those gentlemen, however:

I DON'T ATTACK THE REPUTATIONS OF THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED! ESPECIALLY, THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN COMBAT FOR OUR COUNTRY!

Do you perhaps remember Bush's smear campaign against McCain?

Shelby Chambliss stayed out of Vietnam, and still had the gall to attack Max Clelland's dedication to America. Max Clelland, who left two legs and an arm in Vietnam.

Do you support those who denigrate the service of Vietnam veterns? Do you?

Offline greentail

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who served?
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2005, 12:52:17 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
You'll never catch me cheering on a draft dodger.  I hated Clinton.

That's funny. There is a picture of a draft dodger under your name.

His vice-president is a draft dodger. Do you hate him? The Speaker of the House is a draft dodger, do you hate him? Trent Lott, Tom Delay? Do you hate them? The Republican Senate leader is a draft dodger. Do you hate him?

Or do you only hate those who served in Vietnam?

This works for both sides. Did you pay attention during the 1988 presidential campaign? Some folks from The Nation magazine were writing articles about Bush I. They were calling him a coward for bailing out of that TBM. They seemed to think it was his fault that the other members of the crew did not make it.

I thought tht was BS then, just as I think your attacks on Kerry are BS. Just like those Republicans that called McCain a traitor are despicable.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 12:58:11 AM by greentail »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who served?
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2005, 01:03:32 AM »
Originally posted by greentail
I DON'T ATTACK THE REPUTATIONS OF THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED!

That's funny. There is a picture of a draft dodger under your name.

I suppose the "wisdom" of making these two statements in consecutive posts escapes you totally, doesn't it?

Yes, I thought so.

Unless, of course, you are saying that all Air National Guardsmen that graduated from UPT, served two years on active duty and 3+ more on Guard duty, fulfilled all their Guard requirements and were awarded an Honorable Discharge are Draft Dodgers?

But you wouldn't say that would you? Because, after all, you

DON'T ATTACK THE REPUTATIONS OF THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED!  

Is "putz" considered an insult? Because I don't insult people and I certainly wouldn't say you are a "putz" if that was an insult.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline greentail

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who served?
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2005, 01:59:05 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I suppose the "wisdom" of making these two statements in consecutive posts escapes you totally, doesn't it?

Yes, I thought so.

Unless, of course, you are saying that all Air National Guardsmen that graduated from UPT, served two years on active duty and 3+ more on Guard duty, fulfilled all their Guard requirements and were awarded an Honorable Discharge are Draft Dodgers?

But you wouldn't say that would you? Because, after all, you

Is "putz" considered an insult? Because I don't insult people and I certainly wouldn't say you are a "putz" if that was an insult.

Feel free to insult whoever you wish.

W. left the National Guard when it became convenient for him to do so. Somehing about taking a physical. It was required. He didn't take that physical. Seems there was a drug test involved.

Call it what you want.

Call whoever you want a putz. Here are some suggestions for you:

John Kerry volunteered for hazardous duty in Vietnam. Go ahead. Insult him however you want. McCain was tortured by the North Vietnamese. Call him a traitor. Go ahead. Republicans did. Max Clelland served in combat. Insult him by calling him unpatriotic. Shelby Chambliss did. Al Gore was in Vietnam. Call him a putz for being there. Republicans did. Gray Davis was a combat infrantyman in Vietnam. Call him a wimp. Republicans did. The Birchers called Ike a commie agent. Join in.

Anyone whoever received a Purple Heart? Call them wussies. The whole 2004 Republican Convention revolved around that. You think when our guys come back from Iraq, the Republicans send them those cute little band-aids with the Purple heart on them?

Does that make you feel better? Good. I'm happy for you.

Here's one more for you. John Wayne never came close to a uniform, except in movies. Gus Hall served in the navy for four years fighting the Japanese in the South Pacific. Strange world, ain't it.

Oh, and don't forget to insult Gus while you're at it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 02:03:42 AM by greentail »

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Who served?
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2005, 02:22:03 AM »
when I was going through elementary/middle school it was said that draft dodgers were those that went to canada, those that joined the national guard, those who conveinently had a child, and those that  went to college. All avoided the draft in their own little way. It was also said that vietnam was an unjust war and we shouldnt have been there.

Not sure if I believe all the crap above but to say Bush is better than kerry because he served in the national guard is simply stupid. Bush saw NO COMBAT. Kerry got wounded several times. You can say he chumped out or whatever but he did kill the enemy, did bush?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2005, 02:30:20 AM »
Greentail, you really need to get your information from more sources and not just from an obviuosly biased website.

The who served website says of George W. Bush,
GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?  

A powerful father eases military service for a son... Where have I heard of that before?

It says of Ronald Reagan
Former President Ronald Reagan - due to poor eyesight, served in a noncombat role making movies for the Army in southern California during WWII. He later seems to have confused his role as an actor playing a tail gunner with the real thing.

It says of Ted Kennedy,
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953.  

When Ted Kennedy enlisted in the Army in '51, he signed up for four years after being expelled from Harvard for cheating. His father, Ambassador to the UK, pulled strings to get his four year stint shortened to two, and had him serve in Europe rather than combat service in Korea. The future Senator never rose above the rank of Private, and returned to school at Harvard, where he was a "c" Student.

But your source just says:
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953.  

Makes Reagan's service seem comparatively heroic doesn't it?

Think for yourself.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Who served?
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2005, 02:36:41 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

His father, Ambassador to the UK, pulled strings to get his four year stint shortened to two, and had him serve in Europe rather than combat service in Korea. The future Senator never rose above the rank of Private, and returned to school at Harvard, where he was a "c" Student.

Hmmm reminds me of someone lol

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2005, 02:38:21 AM »
Yeah, notice how Ted was pretty quiet about that issue?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Who served?
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2005, 02:39:33 AM »
yeah but Ted is POS. No one here has defended him that I have seen. Nor was he a president.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Who served?
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2005, 02:45:03 AM »
He lost to carter? lol

that right there should have got him out of politics.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2005, 02:46:17 AM »
No, he wasn't president, but he ran for the nomination against Carter.  If it weren't for Chappaquidic, he may have been successful.

He still is an extremely powerful Senator, and being from Boston, Martlet is required to vote for him.  Just before each election day, Boston put something in the water that puts conservatives in a left leaning haze.  Something about flouridation and bodily fluids.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 05:43:04 AM by Holden McGroin »

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Who served?
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2005, 02:47:19 AM »
Yeah I would like to hear why they support him... Must be the generation.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Who served?
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2005, 06:52:10 AM »
It doesn't matter if your politicians served( in the millitary I assume not Micky Ds), had an affair, enjoy a bit of recreational oral sex whatever. Are they doing your country a service. Hows your economy? Hows your nation doing compared to the rest? Are your Govts policies ones you agree with? how is the rest of the world viewing your Govt etc etc etc. That is what is important not some dirt dragged up by journalists trying to distract you for the wrong reasons.

People are people and have a private life. In my Job I expect to be judged by how I do the job. Not who I choose to sleep with, or what I did ten years ago.

So who bloody cares if they served?

As I said before in France they have privacy laws which seems to focuss people on the reality of what are their politicians actualy doing rather than who are they doing it with?

(On a side note I notice some realy idiotic responses here. As soon as I mentioned france a few rightwing bigots with little conception of reality started to jump up and down and throw insults around. Very entertaining but not realy much of a contribution to the debate.)