Author Topic: marijuana  (Read 3004 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
marijuana
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2005, 09:06:14 AM »
mora... I said pot head.   Personality changes occur with regular use.  

sorry about there not being a good test for pot or meth but... till there is..  zero tollerance is the prudent way to work it.

You test postitve?  that means you have been smoking pot or doing meth or whatever... you are driving... sorry bud... best evidence is that you are impaired.

Come up with a better test for impairment and we will revisit the subject.

For now... not worth taking a chance.

lazs

Offline mora

• Gold Member
marijuana
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
mora... I said pot head.   Personality changes occur with regular use.  

sorry about there not being a good test for pot or meth but... till there is..  zero tollerance is the prudent way to work it.

You test postitve?  that means you have been smoking pot or doing meth or whatever... you are driving... sorry bud... best evidence is that you are impaired.

Come up with a better test for impairment and we will revisit the subject.

For now... not worth taking a chance.

lazs

The way it works here... In case of alcohol, if a police officer believes you are impaired they will do a breathalyzer test, if you fail or refuse you are taken to a blood test by force if necessary, if you are still positive it's a DWI. With the case a drugs a saliva test is performed or you are taken straight to blood test by force if necessary. If you are positive it's a DWI. Some specially trained officers are allowed to take a blood sample on the spot.

I do not see problem with that. Urine tests OTOH have nothing to do with current impairement and they don't even detect all drugs. Blood test do detect all drugs in your system that may cause impairement.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 09:21:25 AM by mora »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2005, 09:21:44 AM »
On the bright side, actually getting convicted for a DUI with pot in your system (but not being high, aka passing all tests but urine or blood), is about as difficult as winning the lottery.  At least with a lawyer that has a clue.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
marijuana
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2005, 09:22:43 AM »
well... it's not a "spice" and shouldn't be treated as such..

That being said, I have no problem with people getting stoned on whatever drug they choose no matter what harm it brings to them.  

I simply don't want to be on the same road with them or work beside them or... even have to listen to em.

Fact is.. the image of the pot smoker fits the actual people who are the "advocates" of legal pot... they are stoner losers who you wouldn't want on the same road with you.   Their tie dyed red eyed advocacy on "medical" grounds makes them look like dishonest losers to boot.

lazs

I used to say the same about roid heads, but now I see the light
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline mora

• Gold Member
marijuana
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2005, 09:29:38 AM »
Originally posted by Vudak
On the bright side, actually getting convicted for a DUI with pot in your system (but not being high, aka passing all tests but urine or blood), is about as difficult as winning the lottery.  At least with a lawyer that has a clue.

I think that's stupid. There should be a treshold level of THC in you blood as there is in the case of alcohol. If you are over it's a DUI. BTW if you have 0.08% of alcohol in your blood you are impaired, but for some odd that's the DUI limit in the US.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 09:32:41 AM by mora »

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
marijuana
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2005, 02:06:59 PM »
The way it works here... In case of alcohol, if a police officer believes you are impaired they will do a breathalyzer test, if you fail or refuse you are taken to a blood test by force if necessary,
you can refuse to take a breathalyzer here in the states..but!! they will take away your drivers license for over a year and your car..and give you a huge fine..so even if your drunk its allmost best to take your dui

Blood test do detect all drugs in your system that may cause impairement.
blood test does not detect all the drugs in your system that may cause impairment ..acid impairs your thinking and thoughts and is only picked up with a spinal tap and hair..spinal is very illegal to make anyone have because it could make you disabled if they mess it up...only other way is testing hair...this again is not a good way either..most shampoos will remove traces of the drugs they are lookin for and most people cutt there hair all the time anyways

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
marijuana
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2005, 02:21:35 PM »
If there is a way to determine the presence of recent pot or meth use as oppossed to the night before and one that will determine level of intoxication... fine...all for it.

If not... then test for any presence and have zero tolerance.   The boozers may have the advantage there.

six.. so far as steroids.. your stated opinion is not the same in a previous post as it is now.   In a previous post you seem to feel that steroids should be illegal but that anyone who ever used em should have no say on if they should be illegal or not.

I have smoked plenty of pot in the past and don't think that driving on it is a good idea.  I do not want to share the road or the jobplace with a person high on pot.   Hell... I don' even want to have to be around em but...  It's a free country (or should be).

lazs

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »
I have smoked plenty of pot in the past
lazs

that explains why you're such a tard.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
marijuana
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2005, 12:06:25 AM »
I have smoked plenty of pot in the past and don't think that driving on it is a good idea.  I do not want to share the road or the jobplace with a person high on pot.   Hell... I don' even want to have to be around em but...  It's a free country (or should be).

lazs

The point I was trying to make is that a roid head going on a roid rage behind the wheel is just as bad....if not worse.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
marijuana
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2005, 09:49:27 AM »
shane... I resent that... former pot use is not the only reason that I am such a tard.

six... Who is advocating letting people high on anything share the road?   Legal or illegal.

lazs

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
marijuana
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2005, 10:19:48 AM »
Once again, I'll invite those of you who think marijuana is victimless to come on up to Mendocino County in August-September and you can see just how detremental sanctioned marijuana cultivation can be to a community.

One can legally grow 25 plants up here- 50 if you register as a "caregiver." That means between you and your wife you can grow 100 plants in your backyard- and the only people it's benefited up here are the nurseries and people who sell fence boards.

The crime rate for home invasions and burgeleries (sp) went through the roof last year- the police officers' lament was that they didn't have time for police work because they were too busy answering pot related calls.

Also there were several murders, attempted murders and assaults, all related to pot.

We've attracted a culture of low lifes who rent a home, grow a crop, maybe cook up some meth.... and steal anything they can get their hands on to support them til their crop comes in.

Our children grow up seeing this general disdain for society's rules and conclude they don't have to live within the rules of society, so they're more apt to violate other laws also.

Personally I don't care what anyone smokes, drinks, shoots or snorts...just don't fool yourself and say it's a victimless crime cause it's not.... not for those of us who live in the middle of sanctioned pot growing.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »
sshhh Airhead

pot is the love drug!

no violence EVER associated with this little weed -  EVER!!

and if there is a fist fight or two, it is the big bad gov's fault as they made it illegal

not to mention what it does to the user's motivation, make's them real go getters I tell ya....to go and get their next sack & maybe a pizza

FIRE IT UP BOYS, it ain't just the bowl that's a sizzlin,  it's just your brain!!

LOL LOL LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
marijuana
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2005, 11:28:59 AM »
FIRE IT UP BOYS, it ain't just the bowl that's a sizzlin, it's just your brain!!

Eagler Joined BBS Mar 2001.....

@365 x 4 years = 1460 posts at one post per day.. (leap year non conclusive)

Now eaglers 8634+ post divided by 1460 = 5.91 posts per day on average.  WTF....

That will cook your brain also...

:cool:

DoctorYo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2005, 11:31:23 AM »
since when did posting on the BBS *ever* require having a brain to begin with?

:confused:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
marijuana
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2005, 02:35:29 PM »
exactly.... shane and I are perfect examples.

lazs