Author Topic: Hi my name is Barbara  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2005, 09:17:07 PM »
AuntBee the pot smoker.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sorry to have caused such a fuss
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2005, 10:56:20 PM »
Originally posted by AuntBee
:o My actual Birthday, for those interested, is March 16, 1924, and if you want to look it up I was born in Springfiled Massachusetts where I attended school and worked during WW2.

I am quite sorry that I have caused such a concentrated number of people to post, however I Thank those who have welcomed me, and made me feel that the majority of members ARE indeed human after all:)

As for my knowing that HiTech was a person, that was answered>>> Its on the splash screen, as for me having a computer etc, the person who was giving me the third degree didnt listen to my answers. I bought the Gateway 700X long BEFORE I ever heard of Aces High and it did come with the mentioned video card etc as it is a high end machine/ I just recently bought the joystik at best buy because someone said I should get one. I asked the salesman at the store which one HE would recomend ergo I have the Logitech extereme 3d with a twist handle.

So far as being able to fly and knowing the lingo? I overheard someone talking about netaces, I went there and have been reading the information constantly, now I am practicing in the DA.
My choice of words is due solely to my trying to "fit in" by using words I see others use and repeating the same complaints I see others say. Obviously this hasnt worked so I shall cease this practice. I do fly once in a while in the Main Arena ( last night I got very lucky and landed two kills )

I will check back for any further replies to this thread if none I will consider the matter closed.

Again, to those who have welcomed me Thank You, to those who doubt me>>> Please dont make your problem my problem>>>I have kept up with the lingo thats all!!!!! Another of my favorites is this " If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem "

I salute you all friend and foe alike

AuntBee

When was your first train ride?

What year did your graduate?

What year did you get married?

Did he go off to war?

What branch and how long was he there?

Where did you work and what did you do during WW2?

When did you get your first horseless carriage?

What make and model was it?

How much was gas then?

Who was the first president you voted for?

When did you get your first TV?

Where were you when JFK was shot?

Where were you when we landed on the moon?

Whats your favorite episode of Walker Texas Ranger?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2005, 11:20:44 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
btw my money is on rod being auntbee.

Lets see, that would put the count up to how many?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2005, 11:34:32 PM »
Splash27, those questions could be answered by anybody.  Seems to me, you need questions whose answers would be specifically a function of her identity, and which could be checked against the public record.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2005, 11:36:01 PM »
BTW, that radio log (several posts up) is hilarious.

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2005, 12:22:47 AM »
It seems to me that it is irrelevant if ABee is 81 or 11. The simple fact that she is treated disrespectfully is a sad statement about the entire place. I was in the TA when the above (several messages ago) screen shot was taken. There were people trying to geta small (maybe 3 or so) child to ridicule her. It seems somewhat sad that people are treated like crap but then again I've been around the net for so long it seems sadly normal.

As far as computer skills my 74 year old mum is VERY computer literate. And self taught. Can kick some kids butts with no problem. But as a snooty Brit she writes perfectly.

Anyway have a great Monday. If you're 81 enjoy the day off!
Peace
Pillur

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2005, 12:27:30 AM »
Originally posted by CPorky
If this isn't some joke, I'd be happy to help you. I don't even live that far away if you need to get vox working.
You live in Hooterville? Just down the road from Mayberry? Talk about a small world :D

DId I mention I want to move to Hooterville someday when I can live out my retirement. And, die with a smile on my face.:)

Ren

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2005, 12:38:49 AM »
Originally posted by LtPillur
It seems to me that it is irrelevant if ABee is 81 or 11. The simple fact that she is treated disrespectfully is a sad statement about the entire place. I was in the TA when the above (several messages ago) screen shot was taken. There were people trying to geta small (maybe 3 or so) child to ridicule her. It seems somewhat sad that people are treated like crap but then again I've been around the net for so long it seems sadly normal.

Are you talking about when I looked and said, "See Spot run?" Actually where was I when there was a 3 year old trying to ridicule Aunt Bee? All I saw was Aunt Bee shooting up Spot. Oh he was trying to have his way with Aunt Bee but he was taking a pounding instead. BTW, Lew yer out.  Aunt Bee Loves me cause I'm nice :D

As far as computer skills my 74 year old mum is VERY computer literate. And self taught. Can kick some kids butts with no problem. But as a snooty Brit she writes perfectly.

Whew! Only Monday. I sure as heck hope by the time Im 81 Im retired and all my days are off. Oh yeah, and alive!:)

Oh yeah, BTW, as little as I've seen Aunt Bee in the TA no real smack talk has been heard cept from others.
Ren

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2005, 12:41:39 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Barabara, Welcome to AH.

Sorry if this crew gets a bit rough, at times.
They've seen a lot of folks come & go in the last 5 years. And yes, a good share of them could do with a spanking or a good talking to by grandma.

I'm curious, what were you doing on VJ day?

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
ghosth@mcleodusa.net

It's the worst troll ever, but this makes it all worth it, lol.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2005, 12:53:51 AM »
Originally posted by TDeacon
Splash27, those questions could be answered by anybody.  Seems to me, you need questions whose answers would be specifically a function of her identity, and which could be checked against the public record.

Seems like some pretty easy questions she could answer in about 5 minutes.

And its Slash.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sorry to have caused such a fuss
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2005, 02:36:47 AM »
Originally posted by AuntBee

As for my knowing that HiTech was a person, that was answered>>> Its on the splash screen..................

sorry babe, you're busted!

no 80+YO says stuff like 'splash screen' :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2005, 02:49:06 AM »
Originally posted by LtPillur

Peace
Pillur

Hit the nail on the head imo.

Every game I have played online the males seem to disbelieve that *real* females play computer games. Pretty sad stereotype really.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Sorry to have caused such a fuss
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2005, 02:50:16 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
sorry babe, you're busted!

no 80+YO says stuff like 'splash screen' :D

Why not if they are computer literate already?
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2005, 02:56:08 AM »
i dont care, just thought i'd show some INterest as its 3 pages now :)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2005, 03:07:13 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
i dont care, just thought i'd show some INterest as its 3 pages now :)

:lol