Author Topic: Vietnam marks 30th anniversary of war's end  (Read 2879 times)

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Vietnam marks 30th anniversary of war's end
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2005, 05:51:31 PM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
1975 by the Communists I thought!:confused:

The Communists won in Cuba too......Thats why they keep trying to escape in truck innertubes ( when they can find one) and any other makeshift item they can scrounge up. All of this after the Soviet Union was paying 2 times the market price for sugar to prop up a failed dictatorship. Did the Russian people ever wonder why they had shortages? A little economics 101 would have solved that. A couple friends of mine have brought back Russian wifes from some wife mill in Moscow. Both Young and very beautiful. They are both bald and middle aged. They took them shopping for clothes at the goodwill. This would be funny but (unfortunately) it is true. They didn't know the difference, they thought they where at a department store. I set them straight. The look on their face when they saw the first walmart super store was a sight you had to see to believe.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2005, 06:00:43 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
All I did was post the stats that all the world news agencies have been using as the offical records. If you want to believe something else that's up to you. But you can't just sit there and deny what happened, is ignorance.

...-Gixer

This may be true, but what about all of the woman and children that the New Zealand army slaughtered during WWII. From the News media here, like Fox, I understand that it was over 4 million.
I know you will deny this, but you only fool yourself.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2005, 06:48:08 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
This is when the refugees started flooding out of South Vietnam in order to escape.

See in your mindset you only think of South Vietnam, what about those that were made homeless in the north and flooded south because of the bombing? Have you ever thought of that?

...-Gixer

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2005, 06:57:20 PM »
See in your mindset you only think of South Vietnam, what about those that were made homeless in the north and flooded south because of the bombing? Have you ever thought of that?

...-Gixer

Also Gixer, I'm getting tired of you pretending to know what I am thinking in my mind. You are simply off the mark every time

Why don't you give a source that is able to give data on the people made homeless in the north and had to flee to the south to escape US bombing.

I can give you sources and probably even videos of the people fleeing South Vietnam after the North invaded them, two years after America left South Vietnam to fend for itself.

Wonder why they would become refugees? The US wasn't bombing the south, yet possibly millions fled as refugees. I wonder why they wanted to leave?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:02:49 PM by NUKE »

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2005, 07:39:27 PM »
Wonder why they would become refugees? The US wasn't bombing the south, yet possibly millions fled as refugees. I wonder why they wanted to leave?

Because they wanted to keep their children together with their Dad's?

Understandable your patrotism towards your flag but it really does impeed on your view of the outside world at times, especially towards anyone or opinion thats anything other then red white and blue in your eyes.

Just quickly labeled as an idiot or that their facts are wrong which is a poor exit to any debate.

...-Gixer

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2005, 07:39:40 PM »
what about those that were made homeless in the north and flooded south because of the bombing? Have you ever thought of that?

...-Gixer

Oh, my, yes. There were LOTS Of them that flooded South because of the bombing.

They came down the Ho Chi Minh trail, carrying weapons, ammo, food and other supplies.

Look, here's one of the poor homeless in the north that flooded south now!!!

1966. A female soldier of the Vietnamese Liberation Army carries a box of ammunition over the Ho Chi Minh Trail. (Picture Bui Dinh Tuy, archive)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2005, 07:43:49 PM »
LMAO

Ok Toad so in your opinion everyone who fled from the North to the South was carrying ammo? LOL  Excellent reasoning.

...-Gixer

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2005, 07:49:03 PM »
LMAO

Ok Gixer so in your opinion everyone who fled from the North to the South was a poor homeless refugee? LOL Excellent reasoning.

Here, just for you. Puzzle on it a while.

and

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2005, 07:55:32 PM »
Because they wanted to keep their children together with their Dad's?

Understandable your patrotism towards your flag but it really does impeed on your view of the outside world at times, especially towards anyone or opinion thats anything other then red white and blue in your eyes.

Just quickly labeled as an idiot or that their facts are wrong which is a poor exit to any debate.

...-Gixer

Your opinion that I only view events blindly, through patriotic American eyes is a joke. You keep bringing it up without cause. That's no way to engage in an argument. I could use that tactic on you and your "facts" too .....but it doesn't help to make a point, does it?

When you cannot support an argument you resort to the childish tactic of assaulting my knowledge as being inferior, just because I;m American. Pretty bad form, Gixer.

You seem to be the one with a scewed view. For instance, you site figures that cannot even be verified and take them as fact. When have I done that? You call Americans arrogant and ignorant of the outside world. When have I ever done that against another person's country? I seem to be more open minded than you in that regard.

Can you please explain why over 400,000 Vietnamese fled Vietnam in the early eighties? And again in the early ninetees, another large swell of "boat people" again fled. You think they wanted to be with thier fathers? By the way, it's estimated that up to 20% or even up to half the people fleeing Vietnam died trying.

You argue points by throwing out figures such as "America killed 2 million civilians", yet you can't back them up. If you noticed, I didn't ever give a figure for civilian casualties....becasue NOBODY can. Who's being more realistic here? When have I called you an idiot?

Interesting theory you have about North Vietnamese refugees flooding into the south to escape US bombing. Can you refernce a source for that information?

Funny that the South Vietnamese didn't flood North, isn't it?

Isn't it odd that people have been fleeing all of Vietnam since the fall of the south, even today.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:58:41 PM by NUKE »

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2005, 08:06:43 PM »
"Isn't it odd that people have been fleeing all of Vietnam since the fall of the south, even today"

Fleeing Vietnam even today? How about a percentage of those  wanting to just move for business or other opportunities like anyone else? Why do they have to be "fleeing" that's a bit dramatic Nuke.

If you think it's odd that they have been fleeing the South ever since the end of the war don't you think it's more odd that the majority stayed? Wonder why that is..

...-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2005, 08:08:13 PM »
Toad,

I really don't care on puzzling over that any more then the time it took you to entertain yourself by posting them or thinking to blink.

...-Gixer

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2005, 08:10:43 PM »
You get it, you just choose to ignore it unless it is American.

...-Gixer

An example of your argument style, Gixer. And you call me arrogant?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2005, 08:14:15 PM »
"Isn't it odd that people have been fleeing all of Vietnam since the fall of the south, even today"

Fleeing Vietnam even today? How about a percentage of those  wanting to just move for business or other opportunities like anyone else? Why do they have to be "fleeing" that's a bit dramatic Nuke.

If you think it's odd that they have been fleeing the South ever since the end of the war don't you think it's more odd that the majority stayed? Wonder why that is..

...-Gixer
Yeah, fleeing on boats not seaworthy is pretty dramatic. Millions fled Gixer, and it was not easy to do. They risked their lives and their families lives to escape.

Why don't you take some time to research the Vietnamese refugees and the floods that came in 1975-1978, again around 1980-1982 and again around 1992. Huge waves of them.

And you ask me why the majority stayed? I don't know and neither do you. What is known is that millions fled and it wasn't because the US was bombing them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 08:18:54 PM by NUKE »

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2005, 08:19:39 PM »
Yeah, fleeing on boats not seaworthy is pretty dramatic. Millions fled Gixer, and it was not easy to do. They risked their lives and their families lives to escape.

Why don't you take some time to research the Vietnamese refugees and the floods that came in 1975-1978, again around 1980-1982 and again around 1992. Huge waves of them.

Why don't you be a good chap and post the links for me and I'll deny them. :)

Sure there were 1000's,10,000's millions or what ever that did leave but majority stayed to rebuild the country didn't they? Or shall we just concentrate on the smaller perentage that fled along with the US military?

...-Gixer

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2005, 08:46:39 PM »
Say, Gixer; we're working on a new mapping program for GPS; you wouldn't wanna supply your precise coordinates for a quick test, woudja?

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.