Author Topic: Hoeing  (Read 1838 times)

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Hoeing
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 01:38:21 AM »
No hijack intended but Cav did you ever get your duel with the SEwhatever?
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Hoeing
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 01:39:06 AM »
In thinking about it for just a sec, I guess in some ways the HO shooters are giving it away.  I feel much more confident if they stay in and fight that I can get them.

Now if the guy doesn't HO and I see him stick the nose down just a touch I figure he's going to go vertical and I've got my work cut out for me :)

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Hoeing
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 01:39:35 AM »
hey ack-ack...the thing with marine is old man..let it go..this is childish to be bring that up every time u turn around man..let it go. marine is not a bad person...matter fact..he's on the same squad and me. if you would just think about it..maybe he just likes getting you all goin for fun..and you fall for it every time. if you are a knight. then maybe if you get to know him. you will find that he isn't like you think. just cut him some slack and move on.:rolleyes:
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Dica

• Zinc Member
Hoeing
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 02:34:48 AM »
I dunno betty,

I for one enjoy purusing the forums watching my pals take shots at nitwits who couldn't fight there way out of... what was it someone said, a retirement home bathroom?!  Of course I haven't actually played AH in a long time but a squadmate's word is good enough for me.

Look every thread I read on here has someone talking all sorts of watermelon to someone else.  It's great fun.  Talking proper smack takes skill and it's fun too. :)

My take on HO's.  Avoid them.  If a guy is going for an HO he's not thinking about the massive amount of smack down you are about to lay on him.  Most fights where someone was intent on the HO were easy wins assuming I didn't get cherried.

aka Acid of the 479th
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 02:38:16 AM by Dica »

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Hoeing
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 02:39:16 AM »
Originally posted by Dica

Look every thread I read on here has someone talking all sorts of watermelon to someone else.  It's great fun.  Talking proper smack takes skill and it's fun too. :)

aka Acid of the 479th

i am one of the most skilled watermelon talkers and it is wicked good fun. I do not know of this marine fella, possibly because i like talking trash to good pilots or pilots who think they are good (won't mention names) Perhaps everything ack ack says about marine is true. Its always the woman trying to make things better. bettys trieing, morph tried, sdud tried. Ladies posting something sweet and sincere is not going to seize the trash talking. Got a problem with what i said meet me in DA :p

megadud :D

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Usta never.....
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 12:09:40 PM »
Now I do on occasions. If you are vulching and I made it up I will HO. I am slow, you have alt, speed, and choice.

If you have already tried to HO me, if we come nose to nose again I will HO.

If you try to come nose on and I am in a 110 I will HO because you are an idiot. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Hoeing
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 12:48:32 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I have noticed that the majority use the HO as their primary merge tactic followed by a dive to the deck after the merge.  
ack-ack

on top of that, there are there obvious planes you can almost always expect a hoe pass on first merge

la7
a20
mossie
190a5
nik1
and even my beloved spit all models except the mk1.

am i missing any?

ohh yeah and il2, ohh and forgot 110
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 12:55:39 PM by 68DevilM »

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Hoeing
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 12:53:29 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
i hate HOing in fair fights, but sometimes i'm psst off and don't want to give up a base ,and HOing vulchers on caped bases  in IL2,+ the watermelon i take after on ch.200 is one of best fun in the game,

thats ok though, ill expect for you to try to hoe me if im vulching you on the runway, how else are you suppose to get up and fight, thats just survival.;)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Hoeing
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2005, 02:36:25 PM »
megadud, i'm not trying to post sweet and sincere replies, i could care less bout the trash talking...but, what i was saying, it that the "marine" thing is old new..move on and find something else to talk about. i don't have a problem with anything you said. however...if u want me to meet u in DA...just you let me know when...k...
:p
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Hoeing
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005, 04:55:58 PM »
Originally posted by betty
megadud, i'm not trying to post sweet and sincere replies, i could care less bout the trash talking...but, what i was saying, it that the "marine" thing is old new..move on and find something else to talk about. i don't have a problem with anything you said. however...if u want me to meet u in DA...just you let me know when...k...
:p

Clubbing little seal pups like xMarine never gets old, it's way to fun.  Now, if ony you can type a sentence without reverting to AOLTARD speak...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hoeing
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »
awwww LOL ackack you big meanie. Betty's aight. I see her mixxin it up in furballs quite often.

No Im not falling for betty... AckAck.

You are still my big daddy. :D
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Hoeing
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2005, 05:15:45 PM »
isnt betty like 87 years old?

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Hoeing
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2005, 05:17:51 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
I'm going out on a limb here, but if 75% of the guys you meet
are trying to HO you on the first pass, may I suggest not flying
directly towards them? :rolleyes:

mmm devastatingly cunning plan there Rino.....do you think the average Ah'er will be able to grasp the delicate subtlety required?

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Hoeing
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2005, 05:37:54 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Clubbing little seal pups like xMarine never gets old, it's way to fun.  Now, if ony you can type a sentence without reverting to AOLTARD speak...

ack-ack

Ack Ack whats your problem now you are calling down a woman and acting like a idiot. Whats the matter mommy and daddy did not love you as a kid, you got bullied now you are picking on Betty.

Big Man eh!  (spit)
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hoeing
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2005, 05:41:40 PM »
*stands up*

*ahem*

Hi everybody

My name is Krusty and... I'm a face shooter.

I used to do it a lot. Frankly I got good at it. REAL good. I could shoot down anybody that was trying to avoid me in the worst possible ways. Full rudder? I nailed 'em. Vertical separation? I nailed 'em. Horizontal separation? Still nailed 'em. Both seperation? Nailed 'em but felt better because it was more challenging.

Want the inside about HOing? It's hard in some situations. Granted not many but some. I started being a poor pilot. I still am. I get some kills, but still. So anyways I would HO because I invariably would get saddled up by some SpitTard in the uber +16boost spitcopter. I refused to fly the spitV. Even in AH1 I avoided it. If anything I'd take Seafire, but that's only marginally less dweebish. So because I couldn't out turn or out accelerate what every other pilot in the room was flying I'd face shoot. 190As with 4 guns instead of 2 (always take 4, even if you don't face shoot), or the A8 with the wonderful 30mm. I didn't do Hurc2s or temps, I at least mixed things up to try to learn.

There comes a point when you say "okay I've got to learn some things". At this point you actually start trying. I hit this point a long time back. I'm still just barely past it (lol -- my spanking at the hands of a yak9U over and over last night was proof I haven't learned much!). So I try slightly more manuverable planes, which means inevitably less forward firepower, less chance of winning a HO (50/50 odds suck) so you start to avoid the HO because you can't shoot back. Of course hizookas kill in 1 ping almost every time, but I don't fly planes that have them.

Then things change to the point you understand getting a good position helps a LOT. Then you don't HO even if you have a good plane because you're concerned more with positioning for the inevitable zoom after the merge. Hell if I could do a shallow dive and still maintain guns lock I'd fire off a burst or two, but they're mutually exclusive.

Frankly, having experienced many newbies' attempts to face shoot, run, and repeat, I can say most just don't even try.

Then some do try. I had a frustrating fight with a pilot in an La5 (the room I was in had the La7 disabled or he'd be in that no doubt). The pilot ran for a sector but couldn't lose me, so we fought, G6 vs La5. Once we started fighting it was a series of high/low loops of me trying to get any angle on him but at every loop he'd face shoot repeatedly. He was trying. I grant him that. But it was frustrating on MY end because he only ever tried to loop for the next HO. I was a bit gruff with the pilot, who thought it was a great fight at the time. For that pilot it was a step in the right direction. For me it was not. Are HOs good? Sure! Just depends what level you are at, and what you try to do with your abilities.

I think that 90% of all gripes would disappear if new players' accounts were NOT allowed to fly dora, temp, n1k2 or lgay7 until the account had so many hours of flight time in (4 months of regular use, say). There would still be HOs, but they'd be by people that were at least beginning to try, and even if you got hit by one you'd realize the pilot had a valid move. This, instead of thinking that pilot was an idiot and a fool, or whatever the current sentiment is.

Keep in mind not everybody is as good as y'all are. I sure as hell ain't. If I face shoot you it may be a moment of relief for me, knowing I stopped you from unquestionably outflying me.

Bah, sorry for the long post. Am at work. Bored right now.