Author Topic: Country jumping & ENY Fact or Fiction  (Read 3183 times)

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Country jumping & ENY Fact or Fiction
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2005, 10:21:45 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
if Knits have more players than rook and bish combined i think the solution better than ENY=====> rook/bish  stop fighting and Gangbang the knits,  big time,  kill them all:lol

numbers or no, yall already do at times. :p

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2005, 12:00:15 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Rather a Nomadic thing to do don't you think BigR? :)

Dan/CorkyJr
+Tiff

Whatever happened to old JDawg anyway?

JD played AH for a while but in november EQ2 came out and thats what he plays now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2005, 12:36:47 AM »
orrrr you can just learn how to fly the less superduper planes well enough so the ENY rarely if ever effects you.

I fly mostly the 109F so I've never had the ENY limiter effect me.

That being said
I've never been in favor of the eny limiter.
I've always said "a  horde is a horde is a horde"
Be it 50 P51's or 50 P40's.
thats still alot of planes.

But if your really after perkies then switching to the winning side isnt the way to do it.
Stay on the side witht he lower numbers and you get the benifit of being able to fly cheap perk rides as welll as increased perk points per kill.
and if you stay in a less uber ride you get even more

I dont really care about perks one way or the other cept as a source of amusement. But I've had more then a couple flights in the 109F4 when we were outnumbered where even after being shot down and killed I still got 20 perks for the flight for just a few kills.
and had a few landed that have gotten me near 40.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SEMonk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2005, 12:43:03 AM »
This discussion has become very deep.  Rules, ethics, game play, and nearly as broad.  Very serious stuff.:confused:

Very serious.:rolleyes:

Very.:eek:

lol:D

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2005, 04:01:26 AM »
Ahh yes, just one big happy Aces High family

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2005, 06:18:02 AM »
Didn't HT also lower the time between country switches to 6 hrs to encourage people to change?
I mean geez if you log on and find your plane isn't available, switch, 6 hrs later you can go back - WHERES THE PROBLEM?
Maybe not enough people realize it.

Maybe it should also be made more known that you have to be on a country for x hours until you can get perks for a reset.

Or once a country gets down to x number of fields, disable country switching, that'll f*** em :) .

'Fractal' map is an anomaly as far as Bish as conscerned, we just don't get it. Therefore we get pushed back lose more fields, people switch and make the numbers difference even worse.

GHI - Bish and Rooks teaming up in situations like few nights ago where Knits had more than than other two sides combined.
Aint ever ever gonna happen, that would take commonsense.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 06:34:50 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
ENY ROFLMAO
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2005, 08:31:26 AM »
I absolutely LOVE it! ENY generates almost as many whines as the LA7. There are those who whined when there was no ENY because they were outnumbered. Now they whine because they have numbers and ENY is in effect. How can you beat that? Well, maybe you can add those that SWEAR HTC is out to get THEM with ENY. That's fun too.

Switching sides for reset points? Oh brother. I wouldn't switch sides for 750 perk points, never mind 75.

I fly for the same country, whether we have 5 fields or 205 fields, whether we have 50 flying or 350 flying. I take the good with the bad. I just really don't care. It has nothing to do with "loyalty to a chess piece":rolleyes: .

Other than dragging out an F4U-C or an F4U-4, I almost always fly a plane with an ENY of 15 or higher. Most often, unless I'm flying an F4U, I'm in a plane with an ENY in the 30's. In fact, now that we have the G and J P-38, I don't really care about ENY at all.
But it sure does provide some absolutely beautiful whines.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2005, 10:09:09 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
i think it works great...was just 100+ nits, 90 bish and less than 50 rooks... i landed 7 kills in 38 G for 111 perks...works great  ;)   horde mongers die all the same, now you just get more perks for kills...to bad i dont use them to often.

The ENY limits have nothing to do with how many perks you get.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY ROFLMAO
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2005, 11:42:10 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
I just really don't care. It has nothing to do with "loyalty to a chess piece":rolleyes:

Honest and sincere question, then what is it that makes you stay?
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2005, 12:00:40 PM »
I dont really care what country, but my squad is Rook at the moment. There are only two countries in my book, the green guys and the red guys, I dont really care which chess peice they fly for. ENY limits dont bother me either, I prefer the high ENY planes like the F4U-1, P-40E, P-47D-11, 109F and such.

What I do find interesting about this whole situation, is the whining about the ENY. Remember the HOWLS when the Rooks had numbers? People were acting like the world was coming to an end so HT added the ENY limiter. Now, nobody says a peep about the Knights when they consistantly have numbers and its as bad or worse than when the Rooks had em. Why is that?

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: ENY ROFLMAO
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2005, 12:12:48 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Honest and sincere question, then what is it that makes you stay?

It's not really something that can be explained in so many words. I just never have cared for jumping from side to side. Staying in "one place" is an experience in itself. I don't move to the side with less advantage, or to the side with more advantage. I stay where I am, come feast or famine. Even when I left the squad almost a year before AW ended, I stayed in the same country.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2005, 12:23:54 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I dont really care what country, but my squad is Rook at the moment. There are only two countries in my book, the green guys and the red guys, I dont really care which chess peice they fly for. ENY limits dont bother me either, I prefer the high ENY planes like the F4U-1, P-40E, P-47D-11, 109F and such.

What I do find interesting about this whole situation, is the whining about the ENY. Remember the HOWLS when the Rooks had numbers? People were acting like the world was coming to an end so HT added the ENY limiter. Now, nobody says a peep about the Knights when they consistantly have numbers and its as bad or worse than when the Rooks had em. Why is that?

LOL Grits. That's the truth, ain't it? According to HiTech, the whines did NOT bring about the ENY system. I guess, if he says so, I'll let it go at that. I said when it started that the ENY system was the wrong way to go about "curing" the "disease", but that it was an easy to use placebo.

Has it equalized the sides? I guess, for a while. To an extent. Has it solved the problem? I don't think so. Was it the right "fix"? I don't think so. Was it possibly the best quick stopgap fix to allow them to concentrate on TOD? Could be. Might even be worth it if TOD was truly accelerated considerably.

Now, the tables are turned, and the knits have the numbers most often. So now they are happy unless they can't get their plane or vehicle of choice. So 1st place in numerical superiority has changed hands, for a while, the previous second place and the previous first place have swapped. What did third place get? For the time being, still stuck in third place most often. Eventually, this too will change. Because of the ENY system? Not hardly. Maybe next time first and third will swap, who knows.

SaVaGe

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2005, 12:38:37 PM »
Captain consider a few very simple items.

With out the ENY. When a side imbalnced happed, the ones complaining most were the underdogs. Could they do anything to help fix the imbalance?

Answere no . Changing sides would just make the problem worse.

With the ENY system. Those complaining , are now the Big side. Can they do somthing to help balance the sides.

Answere yes.

Will normal eb and flow of the arena occasionaly imbalance sides.

Answere yes.

Will the ENY system damapen those peeks, absolutly.

HiTech

Offline Ichabod

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2005, 12:53:37 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
if Knits have more players than rook and bish combined i think the solution better than ENY=====> rook/bish  stop fighting and Gangbang the knits,  big time,  kill them all:lol

Ghi thats the best sollution I've heard thus far! I've flown for Rooks, Knits, and Bish and its no different on any side. There will be people you like and dislike on each lol.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 03:56:14 PM by Ichabod »

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2005, 12:59:04 PM »
HiTech you for got something....

Will people always whine no matter what... absolutely...

While I do agree with you on the over all effect of the ENY limmiter I think there is a even bigger problem at hand.

Numbers in one region of the map.

No matter how the server poulation looks there are always hoards at fields with little resistance. This gets even worse when the ENY kicks in.

When it kicks in the pilots on the bigger side hoard up even more because they are in "WAAAAAAAHMBULANCE mode" due to the fact that they are scared to fly a "lesser" plane. So the big side hoards up.

The smaller side cant fight that hoard... at least so they think... which results in them hoarding up at some base the bigger side aint defending... The bigger side doesnt dare to defend against a hoard because they got lesser planes...

What does this result in?

Horrible gameplay.

The options are take on a hoard alone (or with your squadies that are online, still 1 to 5 odds) or fly with a hoard. There are no other fights to find. Trust me I do look hard for the smaller fights. My option is most often to take on a hoard.

I dont know if this could be prevented but a more regional ENY limmiter would be better. I dont know if this is code wise possible within a reasonable time frame (I say it like that because everything can be coded with code;) ).

For example if there are 2-1 odds for the bish vs the knights in a region then the bishes should be ENY capped in that region, no matter how the server popuation looks.

How this region is counted? That is up to you to decide from the code.

But what a cap like this would do is that it would penelize hoards and give incentive for the players to move away from the hoard if its not meeting resistance or fly to the hoard form a field further away.

That imho would rock and help gameplay a great deal.

Tex