Author Topic: How to Kill a CAP [film]  (Read 2650 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2005, 03:30:55 AM »
I like the film!  But the pilot of the Tempest is a dweeb!  :D Can't you edit out my text, dmn u todd letting my dirty laundry out to dry in public! :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »
Great film, and great tips from Levi, Thank you. I too have suffered from a bouncy nose when I am trying to fine tune my shot just before pulling the trigger. I feel it is the main reason for me missing shots that others make. I will give the 100% scaling a try.

I often get the first shot in an engagement. Even against some of the better sticks (including Levi), I have had the first or even first and second shots but I often miss, and eventually get out manuvered, only to fall to the bandit in his first shot opportunity. And when I don't get out manuvered, it often takes several passes before I get the kill.

One thing to notice in the film, Levi enters the fight with all the advantage, ALT and Speed, Plus a very capable plane. He is rarely below any enemy, and when he is he has a major speed advantage, which he can convert to ALT. Most every plane is behind "the eight ball" in the engadgements with Levi. (especially the C-47) :lol

This is NOT and excuse for Levis success in the film. It is an example of one of my favorite sayings.

A superior Pilot uses his superior judgment, to avoid having to use his superior flying skills

Levi always had an advantage of either ALT or Speed over every plane in his SA bubble. Except for the bombers that he ignored.

I do have to wonder.......

When most of us fly this way we are called cherry pick-in ALT monkeys, or whatever. Levi fly's this way and he is a great stick!:lol

Great flying Levi, thanks for the Film, and the scaling advice.:aok
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
Big Deal...i get those shot opportunities all the time every flight.
I JUST CANT HIT A DANG THING!!!!!:furious
I miss those snap shots and the quickies on the six shot. As a result i will eventually say the heck with it and just lock up on a bandits six till i get the kill. I get picked because of it. But hey...if you cant get 1 kill...why worry about even flying? rofl
Oh and Levi...Awesome Work sir...had to be fun. I had fun watching it. :)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2006, 06:43:06 AM »
I have just viewed the film and it is awesome.  I too have been impressed with Levi's deadly aim.  I was also impressed with his use of the views.  So I have this request.  Levi I have the same CH Products setup (Fighter stick, pro throttle and pedals) and sure would like to know how you set up those views.  Thanks for sharing your stick scalings.  I tried those scalings with much success.  Thanks for sharing.  Keep those posts coming.  I have benefitted from your sage advice.   wizer

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »
Originally posted by SLED
I do have to wonder.......

When most of us fly this way we are called cherry pick-in ALT monkeys, or whatever. Levi fly's this way and he is a great stick!:lol

Umm...probably because it was 20 v 1. :aok

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »
in

LMAO Sled, so damn true.

and i get called 'fanboi' for simply saying something nice about a guy. here we have a whole squad of fanbois all trying to hump the same leg, whilst shouting and belittling everyone else.

out
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
Some nice shooting there Levi. Also liked the reversal on the Typhoon about 8mins into it. Excellent stuff!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Umm...probably because it was 20 v 1. :aok

Umm...... It would seem to me that "sound tactics" are sound tactics regardless of the number of opponents.;)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2006, 06:15:04 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
LMAO Sled, so damn true.

and i get called 'fanboi' for simply saying something nice about a guy. here we have a whole squad of fanbois all trying to hump the same leg, whilst shouting and belittling everyone else.

Please quote where anyone shouted or was belittled in this thread.

Originally posted by SLED
Umm...... It would seem to me that "sound tactics" are sound tactics regardless of the number of opponents.;)

You asked why what Lev did in that film is not called Cherry Picking, I pointed out why. Cherry Picking, technically, is when you pick someone while they are engaged with another one of your friendlies. Since Lev was fighting multiple badguys, alone, that is by definition, not Cherry Picking.

Offline Socks

• Zinc Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006, 04:37:46 PM »
Excellent stuff there Lev. Simply brilliant. :aok  Without jacking the thread, I've got a quick question for you (or anyone that owns the setup). How do you like your whole CH HOTAS setup?

I'm currently looking into a CH HOTAS setup (with the pedals, course), but I've seen mixed reviews of the ergonomics. I'm somewhat of a small guy myself - 5'8, about 160, so my hands aren't that big. I hear the base of the stick needs to be below elbow level for a smaller-type of guy to be able to come even close to working the full array of hats and positionals on the stick. Can you confirm? On the right side of my desk is a series of drawers right below the mouse pad panel, so I could techinically create some sort of fixture for the stick out of plywood to lay across one of the lower drawers to bring it up about at the correct level. Overall, how's the setup?

This Saitek Cyborg Gold is showing its age, and I've really got into AH2, and everything aircraft related lately. So I'm ready to "get in the zone".

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
How to Kill a CAP [film]
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2006, 05:18:04 PM »
Ive been using CH sticks and pedals for ages, and have fairly normal sized hands, and have had no probs with getting all the buttons, hats etc. Although the top hat is a little bit of a stretch but not bad.
Ive just got (in the last 2 days or so) a CH Throttle. Im finding it very difficult to relearn the views (as i used to use the keyboard - not kidding). I also am finding that holding the throttle handle for a while starts to give me some tightness in my left hand (but thats just me), so i dont have my hand on it all the time, only when needed. I think the throttle would be best set up high to ease the angle the wrist needs to be on if it was too low, and/or put it on a slight inlcine away from you. YMMV...

P.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group