Author Topic: Vulching kill question  (Read 350 times)

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
Vulching kill question
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:04:55 AM »
I was participating in aircraft suppression ( vulching what u call it lol ) anyways, I was in an FM2, only 4 .50 cals.... everytime a plane was on the runway or rolling down the runway, any hits put on him killed him or set em on fire, even IL2's......... But when they actually get airborne it takes a good solid burst or two, whats the deal, is damage model lower for upping planes, and higher for ones that are in the air... I mean when these guys were on the ground 1-2 sprites and boom, not even concentrated on same area of plane, but when they upped it was standard fire rate / stream / concentration everything was back to norm.... THIS IS ABOUT DAMAGE ON UPPING PLANES ONLY, I DON'T WANT THIS TO TURN INTO ANOTHER VULCHING BASHING SESSION PLEASE !!

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Vulching kill question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 10:18:56 AM »
I dont think damage is any different on the ground than in the air. Try vulching with a Hurri1 coming from front. :)

Id say it has more to do with the fact that you come from above and the target is - if at all - moving slowly. It makes it more likely to hit pilot/cockpit and to concentrate your bullets in one point.

Im really no expert on vulching though.... maybe some of the more skilled can chime in on that?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
Vulching kill question
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:39:02 AM »
i'm talking 1 -2 pings 1 on fuselage and 1 on the tail and an IL2 blows up, but when it gets in the air a good 20-30 rounds of concentrated fire on the tail has to be fired to get em down

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Vulching kill question
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 12:26:44 PM »
from above you were probably hitting the pilot in the ol noggin... insta-deth

if you were definately not letting a stray bullet hit the cockpit, then i dont know.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Vulching kill question
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »
From what HTC has said, and if I understand it right, a single sprite coincides with one packet of hits... More than a hit can be in the same packet sent back and forth, but everything in the same packet gets 1 sprite, even if the hits were scattered around (so that means sprites aren't always where the rounds hit, or aren't only where the rounds hit).

You could have killed the pilot and just not had a sprite for it.

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Vulching kill question
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 04:44:14 PM »
U ONLY THINK! that its eaiser to kill.... think about it....when u shoot a sitting target ALL bullets hit the plane. When u shot at a moving target 20% of the bullets r not hitting it. Hence u think that the damage modeling is lowered while taking off/. just a thougt:p

(cough) vulcher:O :furious :noid :huh :p

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Vulching kill question
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 09:51:58 PM »
Unless you have a 30MM +....3 Pings will not kill an IL2 on the ground....
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Vulching kill question
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 01:29:11 AM »
Total in-the-field guess here; maybe the "explosion" of the round was coming back after hitting the ground? Doubt it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.