Author Topic: has anyone flown the 190A5 lately?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
has anyone flown the 190A5 lately?
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »
   Well Crumpp, do you have any idea about the weight/power used by Pyro in AH 190s?

For the FW190A5 HTC uses EB-104.  For the FW-190A8, I honestly have no idea as it does not match Luftwaffe data.  I suspect they were trying.

The weight matches an FW-190A8  with Zusatzkraftstoffbehälter im Rumpf.  That is the fully loaded maximum take off weight with full winter kit, extra oil, topped off fuel, and ammo.

A clean fighter version would dump about 200Kg's fully loaded just in ETC 501/Zusatzkraftstoffbehälter im Rumpf.  The CG would be in a better position, moving forward lowering the stall speed too.

May be we have a 190A5 with a clear weight/power advantage over A8.

Right now we do have this situation.  You can still find quite a few sources that have the BMW801D2 not gaining a bit of power in 4 years of conflict.  If the power production was modeled the same as the FW-190A8 and the incorrect weight the FM would have a substantial P/W advantage.

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:38:15 PM by Crumpp »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2005, 09:33:29 PM »
Not so OM I tested it offline.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2005, 09:33:44 PM »
BTW Larry, try to explain the following:

We have a 190A5 and a heavier and 190A8, 190A8 has also some extra drag from the MG mounting and both run at the very same ATA at military power. Who should be faster? 190A5 may be? Surprise, both has the same top military speed at sea level. Any explanation for that?

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2005, 09:37:19 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
I don't fly in the Main, Widewing.  Only the CT.
No, It means you do not read very well.

All the best,

Crumpp

I don't care if you fly in your bathroom, the fact remains that the flight model has not changed. Maybe there's an arena setting that is humping things up (which should equally affect all aircraft), but that IS NOT the flight model....

I agree that the 190 is overweight. But, to date I have never had stall trouble with any 190 in any arena. If you watched the film, you may note that you were flopping all over the place flying the A-8. I was not doing that in the A-5. That's not the airplane as much as it is the pilot, or perhaps your stick settings. 190s demand smooth control input or they mush and drop wings.

Try different stick sensitivity settings. Fly smoothly, avoid large and fast stick displacement. There maybe other reasons for getting into stall problems beyond those you blame.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2005, 09:40:42 PM »
From what I understand the 190A5 we have is modeled from a capured 190G with a damaged aileron.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2005, 09:40:46 PM »
If you watched the film, you may note that you were flopping all over the place flying the A-8. I was not doing that in the A-5.

Wanna refilm it?

You take a 4 cannon FW-190A8 and I will take that 2 cannon FW-190A5......

You can change your stick settings anyway you would like too!!!

All the best,

Crumpp

storch

Re: has anyone flown the 190A5 lately?
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2005, 09:45:10 PM »
Originally posted by storch
go and fly it against a spitV or even a spitVIII.  the CT would be a good venue this week, until Friday when the set up changes.  please post your impressions/results here.
 this is what I asked widewing, please show me where I said there was a change in the FM?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2005, 09:45:13 PM »
Wide I fly the 190 and 109s in both arenas. I fly LW 99% of the time. And this only happens in the CT. Yes there is a setting that will screw with ALL planes stalls nomatter what your stall limiter is set to but you only really feel it in planes with bad stalls, and becuase JG54 is a LW squad we mostly fly LW so we feel it in 190s.

EDIT: The week in question I flew the 190a5 and it wasnt as easy to stall or wingdip. It was almost as easy as flying a P51.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:48:35 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2005, 09:46:54 PM »
From what I understand the 190A5 we have is modeled from a capured 190G with a damaged aileron.

We are confusing test's here.  I cannot find any evidence EB-104 had ailerons out of adjustment.

That is the USN tactical trials against an F6F/F4U and RAE 1231.  In both of those reports the FW190 exhibits clear signs listed in Luftwaffe Technical Bulletins and the ailerion adjustment regulations of having ailerons in need of adjustment.

Improper adjustment causes both roll rate to diminish and premature stalling in the turns.

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2005, 09:50:19 PM »
We are confusing test's here.  I cannot find any evidence EB-104 had ailerons out of adjustment.

That is the USN tactical trials against an F6F/F4U and RAE 1231.  In both of those reports the FW190 exhibits clear signs listed in Luftwaffe Technical Bulletins and the ailerion adjustment regulations of having ailerons in need of adjustment.

Improper adjustment causes both roll rate to diminish and premature stalling in the turns.

All the best,

Crumpp

Ok wrong test:D
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2005, 10:05:19 PM »
Ok wrong test

No problem!  :p

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2005, 10:14:29 PM »
Wanna refilm it?

You take a 4 cannon FW-190A8 and I will take that 2 cannon FW-190A5......

You can change your stick settings anyway you would like too!!!

All the best,

Crumpp

Sure. Fly whatever you like.

I flew the A-5 with 50% gas vs your 25% in the A-8 (check it on the film).

I'm in the arena most Wednesdays nights and always on Thursday evening. I also spend time there on Friday and Saturday, I just never know for sure what times in advance. So, look for me on Thursday evening between 8 PM and 10 PM Eastern.

Standard dueling rules if you prefer... It matters not...

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: has anyone flown the 190A5 lately?
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2005, 10:21:17 PM »
Originally posted by storch
this is what I asked widewing, please show me where I said there was a change in the FM?

Sorry Storch, I didn't mean to imply that you had made that statement. I was responding to Crumpp's repeated claims stemming from this comment early in the thread:

"I was born at night, but it was not last night.

BS. It has changed in the CT. I don't know about the main."

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2005, 10:26:32 PM »
I flew the A-5 with 50% gas vs your 25% in the A-8 (check it on the film).

You better check that again. I don't remember taking 25 Percent fuel.

If you go into the cockpit view it only shows your gauges not mine.

I will see you this week.

I was responding to Crumpp's repeated claims stemming from this comment early in the thread:

READ my comments.  I clearly state IN THE CT.

Are you on medication?

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2005, 10:34:37 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Im in there pretty much everynight, and Im one of the last to leave the arena most the time, and 95% of the time I see you on your flying allied.

I said:

I fly the LuftWubbie planes just as much as I do the Ackllied planes TK, I just dont fly the LW planes when you are there.

See where I said "I just dont fly the LW planes when you are there"? Actually I dont fly either side much anymore.

I dont fly the CT like I used to, which was almost exclusively. When I did fly there almost exclusivlely I flew Axis probably 75% of the time as the Axis were usually outnumbered or have you forgotten that? It does it fit your delusion better if I never did fly Axis though doesnt it?