Author Topic: North African New Year  (Read 3618 times)

storch

North African New Year
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 12:22:38 PM »
23 squadron flew mossies out of malta to N. Africa

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 12:36:29 PM »
(work sucks):p   this is much more fun

http://uk.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_781533664/Royal_Air_Force.html

In North Africa, the Western Desert Air Force came into being as a tactical arm to work with the armies in the field.
Also called 1st TAF, but only references I can find right now show they flew P-40s and Beaufighters (again)  we need the Beaufighter in AH

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
North African New Year
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 12:45:23 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
(work sucks):p   this is much more fun

Hey Airscrew, are you in the Cedar  Creek area of Dallas, or on Lake Cedar Creek??

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

North African New Year
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 01:03:59 PM »
I run a welding and fabrication shop. from time to time online in the shop puter and my guys see me doing this.  they think I'm excentric.  it's a good thing I can still outwork any one of them when the time comes.  and yes this is more fun than work. :D

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 01:16:43 PM »
Shifty, I'm neither.  my Cedar Creek is in Bastrop County, about 15 miles southwest of Austin, sort on the way to Lockhart.     my house sets about 18 miles west of Bastrop, 27 miles east of San Marcos.

Storch, even on a bad day your job cant suck as much as mine.  I do QA on data from our order and equipment tracking systems before they get turned into invoices for our customers.  I do nothing but set at my desk and go numb staring at spreadsheets and fixing other peoples mistakes.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
North African New Year
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 01:25:04 PM »
Ahh man. I love San Marcos! I could spend my whole summer on the river there. If it wasn't for work, bills, children, AH..................

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »
Can the puff ack be set down lower? Since the bases in this map are really really close you have 88s from 3-5 bases shooting at you right after you roll from your field. Iv been up for two sorties the first I had my wing blown off and the second both my cowl guns damaged. Mabey .10 would be good.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

storch

North African New Year
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2005, 08:59:18 PM »
OM not a problem with keeping the ack at lethal MA levels but please make them stay down at least 1/2 hour.  the ackllieds are being, well....ackllieds and it's very frustrating.  aside from having to fight spits and hurris with alt advantage they never ever leave the safety of the base or fleets. I know you want to keep vultching down but what is occurring in there today is just plain no fun.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
North African New Year
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 12:28:33 AM »
Originally posted by storch
OM not a problem with keeping the ack at lethal MA levels but please make them stay down at least 1/2 hour.  the ackllieds are being, well....ackllieds and it's very frustrating.  aside from having to fight spits and hurris with alt advantage they never ever leave the safety of the base or fleets. I know you want to keep vultching down but what is occurring in there today is just plain no fun.

I reduced puffy ack to .15.  Low-level ack is still .5 to keep vulchers away.

If people don't want to leave the safety of their ack, possibly you should just take up a holding pattern somewhere outside the range of the base stuff.  No particular reason for being that close to the airfields in the first place, is there?

- oldman

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
North African New Year
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2006, 09:00:49 AM »
Happy New Year All!

OM, yesterday after you reset the ack, I was blown up over the axis base at 10k, a little to high for an ack kill no?

storch

North African New Year
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2006, 09:39:18 AM »
considering the fights were at 2k I would call that poetic justice.  thanks for posting that it made my day, happy new year. :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
North African New Year
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 09:49:29 AM »
Originally posted by Kongkyuk
Happy New Year All!

OM, yesterday after you reset the ack, I was blown up over the axis base at 10k, a little to high for an ack kill no?

Even at .15, the ack can occasionally hit you.  

- oldman

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
North African New Year
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »
YW storch, HNY too u to :O

And as you see, I had to fly in axis ack also.

LOL OM I found out the hard way:eek:

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »
Originally posted by Kongkyuk
And as you see, I had to fly in axis ack also.

Axis? Why didnt you call it nazi ack?

Everyone is going to flying in eachothers 88mm FLACK. Storch is talking about the quad 20mm auto ack and 37mm mand ack.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
North African New Year
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
I didn't call it by it's true name "NAZI" because I thought it upset you the other day:cry

Sad but true, in WWII they were NAZI planes, not German. Hitler ordered them. The german people "I" think, after they saw what a mad man he was
didn't care for him either, but since u so love the NAZI (german manufactured) planes and the truth hurts your feelings, I chose not to mention it.

Why do you post stuff like that? It mkes you look childish:noid