Author Topic: 2007 Skyline GT-R R35 (no it's not a ricer)  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: full blown intardick swinging contest
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 08:29:24 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Yes Mash, that's my point. The Z and GTR were always separate cars, rebadging a new Z as a new Skyline is bogus.

As for it being expensive... how much did it ever cost?  In Japan?  After exporting it oneself from Japan?  From importing services like Motorex?

This is the middle price range for Motorex R34s.

AFAIK The GTR was always Godzilla, banned from certain competitions, and worth paying as much as a comparable competing car such as the NSX;  how much for that one?

There's cheaper alternatives like the RX7, but remember how much that one cost when it was new? Remember the performance differences?  

As for the Z, the 300ZX was bloated, and the 250ZX was a scrawny thing.
I don't see how the G35 isn't a luxirized 350Z.. nor what the Skyline badge is doing in place of a Z badge, when nothing's changed under the bodywork:  an NA V6, RWD only (unless the 4 door AWD counts as equivalent performance-wise), no RW steering, etc.
Character is what primarily decides whether a car pleases or not.   The Z and GTR are two different animals.

Moot, I hope you don't think I'm singling you out or anything.  I completely agree with what you say.  I get upset that they badge the "skyline" as the G35 here.  I've always wondered why they never sent Skyline's in the previous models.  

One of my favorite cars of time is this:

The Tommy Kaira line of Skylines, not to mention the ZZII.

<>

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
2007 Skyline GT-R R35 (no it's not a ricer)
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 11:36:32 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I have video footage of a Civic beat the piss out of a Vette.

Karaya

Talk to me when the ricers can compile a record as long as the vette's

http://www.corvettethunder.com/chron-corv.htm

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: full blown intardick swinging contest
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »
Moot, I hope you don't think I'm singling you out or anything.  I completely agree with what you say.  I get upset that they badge the "skyline" as the G35 here.  I've always wondered why they never sent Skyline's in the previous models.  

One of my favorite cars of time is this:

The Tommy Kaira line of Skylines, not to mention the ZZII.

<>

Karaya

DAAAAMN!

(bows down japanese style)

I really hope the new Skylines won't be as expensive as Honda NSX when released to US:noid

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 02:38:38 PM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
LOL Z06 vette will still eat its *** for lunch.

When I had my '97 GSR at the track last month, a Z06 passed me in the straightaway, and then I passed him in turn 1 as he spun thru the grass :D

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »
FWIW, having watched a lot of JDM track battles, the R32 and R33 GTR just could not hang with the likes of NSX-R, WRX STi Spec C, Evo MR, etc.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »
I think the new Chargers, decked out of course, are one of the sexiest cars on the planet, next to the Skyline that is.  I have had a chub for Skylines since Gran Turismo, and movies like Need for Speed.

STi comes in a very close third...

Hmmmmmmmm.... Evo8. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Driven quite a few vettes, new and old, and I personally don't care for them much.  I'd rather save myself a handful and buy a Mazda Rx8.

But, instead... I drive a truck that could pull all these seksee cars on one trailer, and still have balls. :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 04:13:47 PM by Lazerr »

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »
Originally posted by Flit
When I had my '97 GSR at the track last month, a Z06 passed me in the straightaway, and then I passed him in turn 1 as he spun thru the grass :D

:lol

Btw does your GSR come with torque transfer power... Just like the ones on Prelude Type SH's?

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »

Yes of course you did:rolleyes:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 05:37:31 PM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
Yes of course you did:rolleyes:

Vettes are not that great on road courses.  Sorry.  So please leave now.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2006, 06:46:52 PM »
Vettes are not that great on road courses.  Sorry.  So please leave now.

Karaya

Oh, I don't know about that. Around here they pretty much OWN the SCCA club races in whatever form they're run. Everything is run at those club races around here, all the import stuff inlcuded. Hell, it's run ten minutes from the biggest Nissan plant around, and about 1/2 hour from their new massive HQ.

The Z06 isn't a specialty car. It's a standard RPO on the Corvette. The only "specialty" Corvettes built were the C5R factory race cares.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Oh, I don't know about that. Around here they pretty much OWN the SCCA club races in whatever form they're run. Everything is run at those club races around here, all the import stuff inlcuded. Hell, it's run ten minutes from the biggest Nissan plant around, and about 1/2 hour from their new massive HQ.

The Z06 isn't a specialty car. It's a standard RPO on the Corvette. The only "specialty" Corvettes built were the C5R factory race cares.

A skyline GT-R will eat the Vette on a road course.  Just like the majority of people who like Vettes think they are great "drag cars".  

Take the Vette out of the country, the results will be different.  I'm not talking Circle tracks either.  I'm not slamming the Vette, but I'm sorry, you can't compare the two.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »
hmm, ricers. i do admit though, that is a nice looking car. The older skylines seem to be a bit, uhhh, porky in stock configuration.  Funny side note, i was driving to krogers in my moms ford 500 when this civic tried to race me. i won. for a bigger car, that 500 got sum git up n go. I still like my truck though. Its louder.:aok

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006, 07:56:37 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
:lol

Btw does your GSR come with torque transfer power... Just like the ones on Prelude Type SH's?

I have no idea what you are talking about

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 08:04:03 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about

um something like this... it gives front wheel drive cars less understeer when pushed hard.

Honda fits Prelude SH models with its Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS), a hardware unit that can send as much as 80-percent of the engine's torque to the lest front wheel, which can spin as much as 15-percent faster than the other side. It's a seamless system that is virtually invisible to the driver unless the car is being powered hard through a turn. A crisp-shifting five-speed manual transmission is standard, while a four-speed automatic with Sequential Sport Shift "manumatic" operation is optional.

(heh i just ripped it in this website http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/reviews/2001/solo0133.html:))

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 10:31:06 PM »
A skyline GT-R will eat the Vette on a road course.  Just like the majority of people who like Vettes think they are great "drag cars".  

Take the Vette out of the country, the results will be different.  I'm not talking Circle tracks either.  I'm not slamming the Vette, but I'm sorry, you can't compare the two.

Karaya

LOL I guess the C-5 and C-6 vettes that have won the last 5 american le manns series are toads then:p

The new Zo6 has surpassed the handling of the the Ford GT40 wich kicked the crap outta porshe Ferrari Lambo's and the like in fact it is more than likely the best handing production car you can buy for under 75K.

And if ya got the cash to buy one then spending another 6k on a blower from the fine folks at LG Motorsports should not be an issue.

Test drove a standard vette last week and just so happends that a wrx sti
wanted to play.

It was all over but the crying toasted him before the sales dude got pissed:O

I can only imagine what it could have been with 105 more hp and lighter car would have done.

Granted the skyline is faster than a wrx -sti but this brand new car with 16 miles on it plan biotch slapped the subaru.

Do yourself a favor and go drive one then you might have an informed opinion.