Author Topic: US Should Sever All Ties with Israel Now  (Read 2704 times)

funked

US Should Sever All Ties with Israel Now
« on: April 16, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
I've had it with this nation.  Why does US taxpayers money go to help these barbarians?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
Special interest politics within the DNC.

(Tongue in cheek, Fd-ski, don't get 'cher panties in a bunch!)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
I've had it with this nation.  Why does US taxpayers money go to help these barbarians?

Probably because our politicians are better informed in this respect then you are.

Remember quite a few years ago US blasted Israel for bombing Iraqi reactor? Later we had to go and blast half the Iraq to smeethereens and ask Israel to tolerate missile strikes on their cities without retaliating, so that the nice US battle plans and politics were not upset?
 Weren't we glad then the Iraqis had their nuclear program disrupted?

Unlike Syria, Iraq or China, you can visit Israel and talk to anyone there and see for yourself if they look like dangerous warmongers or if they are interested in violence. You may decide that Israeli are more like Americans then any other country when it comes to society values and democracy.

My friend there lives in a town that is shelled at least once a week from Lebanon for the ten years he has been there.
 If some terrorists shelled California once a week from Mexico, I wonder how soon mexican government would have gotten a serious message from US military.

As for not paying for that - sure, abandon Israel to moslem fundamentalists, Taiwan to communists and Europe to genocidal nationalists. If you've never dealt with eather of those, you may even hope that they will not come for us eventually.

miko

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 04-16-2001).]

Sandman_SBM

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Let's see... U.S. offers to help Israel. U.S. sells arms to Israel. Israel sells arms to China. The U.S. butts heads with China regarding Taiwain, another country the U.S. wants to help.

Does this mean Taiwan gets to sell arms to Israel? or... somebody else...

Sturm

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
And I bet I am better informed then you  
I work with the guys that do all the planning for operations and such.  Amazing what little the public realy knows.  What Isreal just did was open up a can of worms the US might not be able to help them out of.  My .02 worth.

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"The soup nazi"

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
 Im not informed at all. What the heck are you going on about funked?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
he's upset about this:

April 16 — Israeli jets pounded a Syrian radar station in Lebanon early this morning, killing at least three Syrian soldiers in its first attack on Syrian targets since 1996.

I can't judge them, as I don't live there but it seems they are just being proactive instead of reactive.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
Are we allowed to disagree with you Funked...
Or did you just throw that out there.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
Funked,

Are you taling about Python missiles?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2001, 04:53:00 PM »
Attacking Syria wasn't too cleaver but thats just something you could expect from such a country.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2001, 05:13:00 PM »
 Do not get me wrong - there must be plenty screw-ups in Israeli military and government - may be even as many as in ours! And their democracy - talk about a dozen major political parties!

Nevertheless, they are smart, educated, love their children very much and the frontline for most of them is closer then the distance we, americans, usually drive to a picknic.
 So I assume they consider very carefully what they are doing. I've been there twice and my observation agree with my logic.

At the same time my first-hand experience with totalitarian regimes and religiuous fanatics tells me that those are not that considerate when it comes to the human lives - of their subjects and adversaries, of course, not of the ruling elite!

Israeli had a very mild and conciliatory government not long ago. Quite recently that government tried to buy peace by betraying their southern-lebanese christian allies. They unilaterally pulled out in too short time to let the southern lebanese even to evacuate to Israel.
 Probably their experience of trying to live peacefully with spanish inquisition, Hitler and other zealots told them they would get be let alone this time...
 They started paying for that immediately. Now the hawks are in power but the damage is done.

If we abandon Israel, what do you think will happen? Not only they have nuclear weapons, they have (or will shortly have) capability to conduct a nuclear strike even if the Israel itself is completely obliterated (deep shafts, submarines). Do you think they will care about US oil supplies when it comes to the nuke exchange?

Sandman,
 Why look at Israel? Every year we (the US government and the citizens) pour $60 billion more into Chinese economy then they do into ours. It cost us jobs too!
 Also, while we buy cheap consumer junk, some of it produced by prison labor, we sell them heavy industrial equipment, infrastructure, etc.

miko

Sandman_SBM

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2001, 05:22:00 PM »
Miko... no opinion here... just pointed it out because I found it ironic.

The U.S. alliance with Israel is somewhat sacrosanct. You can't question it or be labeled anti-semitic.

cheers
sand

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2001, 07:44:00 AM »
I hope they (arabs and israelis) will sort their relations for once and for all. I haven't seen a proper international shooting competition since persian gulf... Arab/Israeli war is long overdue! Get on with it!

------------------
jochen / Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolschevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline SageFIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Well I hope that the fundamentalist muslims and jews blast each other from the face of this planet. After that there will only be like umpteen other religions to deal with -- ...no, wait, this was supposed to be a serious conversation.

------------------
---
SageFIN

"I think I´ll believe in Gosh instead of God.  If you don´t
 believe in Gosh too, you´ll be darned to heck."
---

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »
big amen funked!!!!!!!

the sooner we lose our ties with these animals the better. let them reap what they've sown with the arabs without big daddy usa there to help em. the sooner the palestinians get those squatters off their land the better.