Author Topic: RPS Progressing too slow  (Read 445 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« on: January 25, 2006, 07:12:32 PM »
I am of the opinion the RPS needs to speed up a bit.  

I am also not convinced that removing obsolete planes is necessary.  I understand the reasoning behind removing planes but when the 110 went to the eastern front I felt a loss that I am not sure needed to happen.

Speed things up.

Thanks
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »
Were you flying with the axis the most?
The fight seems to have even out since the 110 cannons were silenced. Seem like everyone was in one.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
I havent checked my stats but I think less than 25% of my kills in LW iron was in the 110, but I enjoyed flying it in game.

I logged in today to the AvA arena and saw even less choice than day one of the RPS and we are already 5 days into the RPS.  I just felt bored logging on and seeing that nothing has progressed at all, even degressed.  Im alright with it, I guess........
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 06:59:17 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager

I am also not convinced that removing obsolete planes is necessary.  I understand the reasoning behind removing planes but when the 110 went to the eastern front I felt a loss that I am not sure needed to happen.

Speed things up.

Thanks

We're trying to follow the historical progression this time (you know, 4.5 years of war compressed into 4 weeks).  Let's see how it works out, we can fuss with expanding or compressing the time frames in future setups.

- oldman

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »
we all cant be in AvA every day.  I kinda appreciate that the RPS is slow, it gives me a chance to play.   If I'm lucky I can get a couple hours on Monday night, or thursday night and Friday night, and an occasional Saturday or Sunday.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 09:12:23 AM »
It's to bad the perk system wasn't more user friendly for our CM's.  This would give them a way to introduce new planes without having to place them three sectors back..  I can't bring myself to up a 109f, because it takes so long to fly up to where all the fights normally occur.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:17 AM »
The only problem by using a perk system is that it's not ediable in the Arena settings. Too bad it's not because we WOULD use it a lot more often.  Clear perks, enable a few perks per new RPS plane, then remove them when the new set arrives.

Editing perks actually is a lot of work on Skuzzy's part. Not worth it for what we're using it for.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager

Speed things up.

Thanks

Actually I like how it's setup. I thought a two week RPS would be plenty. Now I think this way is perfect. It gives each plane a few days to make an impact before something else comes along. Besides............ It changes a heck of a lot faster than your usual 1 week CT/AVA setup. I'm amazed though how we're still early in it , and havent seen all the planes or how they'll actually impact the game, and people are already saying change this, and change that. Add this , add that.   Let it play out  I bet a lot of people who normally have not flown in CT were shocked with the SpitI vs 109E4 portion. I think a lot them assumed the SpitI would dominate since both planes are rarely pitted against each other in the MA.

We've waited a long time to get RPS inis arena. Enjoy it change is soon enough.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »
I didn't think the Spit would dominate, but it should have been competitive and it simply is not.

I have no trouble at all staying on a Spitfire Mk I in a Bf109E-4.  The Bf109 has all the advantages.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I didn't think the Spit would dominate, but it should have been competitive and it simply is not.

I have no trouble at all staying on a Spitfire Mk I in a Bf109E-4.  The Bf109 has all the advantages.

Disagree.  I've flown the Emil quite a lot in the past, the Spit infrequently.  When I'm in an Emil I worry about meeting a Spit.  When I'm in a Spit I don't worry about meeting an Emil.

This is obviously on a 1 v 1 basis, and I appreciate your earlier comments that numbers will skew this.  OTOH, everything builds up from the 1 v 1, and if numbers are even I'd still rather be on the Spit side.

- oldman

storch

RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 11:59:01 AM »

I disagree as well they are very evenly matched it comes down to the player.  you must be well above average with your cartoon flying skills.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
RPS Progressing too slow
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 12:07:21 PM »

Karnak,  couldnt you also attribute this to experience (game wise, not historical) and knowing how to fight the Spitfire?  BGBMAW and a few others own me 1v1 against me in the 109E.   I cant seem to keep a Spit in front of me for very long, either I lose them trying to follow in the vertical, with endless loops until they get behind me and then I cant shake them, or I try to turn with them, trying to cut inside and get a lead on them, hovering on the edge of the stall, and they get behind me again and I lose.

Now either I'm doing something horribly wrong or I need to make some adjustments/calibrations to my X-45 and pedal's setup to realize maximum potiental of all the planes.

It also doesnt help I seem to be a poor shot with the E's 20mm.   I seemed to have more sucess with 109F with last setup it was used.