Author Topic: kill shooter  (Read 4222 times)

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »
I think this says it all

Kill Shooter (Loose Rivets 26-05-01)[/B]

I whish I could take credit for these masterful depictions of the AH community, alas I cannot. As a newer member of it, I find it interesting to see how similar the old and the new are

All

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »
That can't be happening Mugzee cuz Hubs says so.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
Last time: the problem isn't the KS setup, and it isn't a "kill-hungry" bish. The problem is that you guys keep shooting other green guys.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2006, 10:13:27 AM »
The world  is not as simple as you Hubs.  Thats the problem here.

You have brought nothing to the table beyond non stop and mindless trolling and hijacking.

If you even read what I wrote you would see my points and that I have not even called for them to change it.  I explained why it keeps coming up and believe there are better ways to do the same thing but accept its not my decision and respect that.  I have reread everything you posted here and I fail to see anything of value you added.  For that matter you went well out of your way to fabricate other peoples positions just to take cheapshots at them.  Your showing here is sad and lacking even in basic respect and honor.  Thats why I keep holding your feet to the fire.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2006, 04:30:20 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
If you even read what I wrote you would see my points and that I have not even called for them to change it.  

Your first post:

Instead of the shooter taking damage why not have their ammo zero out if they hit a friendly. You essentially solve both complaints there.

You have brought nothing to the table beyond non stop and mindless trolling and hijacking.

My first post:
Originally posted by HubsonfireShame won't do a thing to alter the behavior of the players. Anyone who's been around for any length of time should realize this. Killshooter is not the perfect solution, but it is the most practical. PNG didn't work 100% in AW, and it wouldn't work any better than KS in here. If you KS a friendly, you screwed up, period. Don't shoot greens.

In the limited instances I've seen KS turned off (SEA, CT, and assorted spec events), I've seen friendlies kill multiple friendlies. It's not a feature or improvement I'd like to see in the MA, regardless of how "playsk00l" it is or isn't.  

Your first attempt at hijacking:
A separate subject but it would be nice to have a "hunt the leper" in the MA. We had this come up before regarding a big mouth in the MA. Would sure be a fun feature if folks could type ".leper "mr bigmouth" and they would show up as a large red X on everyones dar... Bet that would make chan 200 a bit more civil.

My attempt at a hijack:
Originally posted by Hubsonfire

I read what you wrote, and you posted 4 times describing the "benefits" of removing KS, and simply taking the ammo away from people. This in no way ensures the fight remains even, in now way discourages KSing (that newb with no bullets will likely try to fly in front of you once he figures out why he keeps losing his ammo, thereby inflicting the same punishment on you), and in no way improves gameplay.

In regards to your comments in the final post, I was insulted, called retarded (by the marginally literate, no less), and never hijacked nor trolled, while you have basically insulted, changed positions, trolled and flamed us because we failed to embrace your half-assed idea. Look, I'm sorry if you're on your period, or having a bad day, or whatever. The points remain: KS works as it is, there isn't a better setup that accomplishes what HTC wants, only his opinion matters anyway, and just being a ******* to me because I don't like your idea isn't going to win additional support for the half-baked idea you posted.

So, unless you've got a better solution that addresses the problems HT has mentioned as the basis for the current setup, or if you're just going to keep flaming away, talking about how you're holding my feet to the fire by displaying your ignorance, just shut the **** up already.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »
Somebody just got hubpwnd ... :rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2006, 06:17:22 PM »
Its funny....

People who get killed by killshooter whine about the other guy beeing kill greedy... sure he cut the line but you where the one so kill greedy that you took a bad shot.....

Seriously killshooter IS a good solution to friendly fire greifing... is it the best one? Maybe not... but its definatly more then good enough....

Spend the development time on something else...

Tex

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Hi, my name is Hubsonfire,
I like to  flame pointlessly:
"The only problem is that you're too ****ing stupid to read and comprehend what's been said about 9,000 times."

"Don't shoot greens! How much ****ing plainer do you need it to be?"

"you're lying in an attempt to bolster your position"

etc...etc...  Blah... blahh... blahhhh...

But if anyone offends my fragile ego back I'll be very very upset!!!!! In fact I'll lie and say they said things they never did!!  take that !!  shazaam!

" Considering you say you have only 1 death to KS in 4 years, I'd say it isn't much of a problem, despite your whining to the contrary. Your demand that I post film of something not happening a vast majority of the time is kind of pointless. "

Sure, no one demanded I post anything but it sounds good!  Can't find any hint of him whining but dang! thats sounds good too!

I cleaned it up for you.  I could go on and on but it's decidedly pointless.  Next time read what I actually wrote and have some basic respect if you want any back.  Otherwise its just another ride on the Internet BBS shortbus.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2006, 07:03:07 PM »
Don't shoot the greens.  Woo.  Woo.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2006, 08:17:19 PM »
So, unless you've got a better solution that addresses the problems HT has mentioned as the basis for the current setup, or if you're just going to keep flaming away, talking about how you're holding my feet to the fire by displaying your ignorance, just shut the **** up already.

Read this part again.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »

:aok

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2006, 08:59:10 PM »
Read this part again.

I wasted my time reading it the first time.  Let me rephrase it for you to get closer to your real meaning.

"You don't agree with me so just shut the **** up already."

How about taking your own advice or must you have the last word?

My suggestion gives the benefit of the doubt to the KS'er which would reduce these threads by 80 % or more.  To me, thats a better solution.  You don't agree.  I don't care.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2006, 09:51:15 PM »
Best solution imo would be to make friendly fire have no effect on the shooter or the shootee. Bullets dont pass through friendlies, they just dont do any damage. AirWarrior did that during the time I played it. You could still PNG by bombing friendly acks or by bombin friendlies on the runway though.

No damage to either party and these threads go away completely.

One time I was chasing an enemy plane in an FW-190A-8 with the 4 cannon loadout. There was one other plane in the area, a friendly about 3 - 4k above me. I kept checking on the friendly as I slowly pulled into guns range on the enemy. Just as I got into guns range I checked the friendly real quick (still safe on his perch and no sign of him moving towards my target), I adjust my aim just a bit and fire a burst at the enemy and missed, adjusted again and fired another burst. Just as I fire the second time I see the friendly at the top of my screen diving in, I let off the trigger and he flies through my bullet stream. Now I'm in the tower.

I was in no way at fault in that situation. I did everything reasonable to make sure I wasnt shooting at friendlies. The friendly never called out that he was in on my target either, yet I was the one punished for his stupidity.

Each and every one of us, no matter how good our SA is, drops our SA to one degree or another as we concentrate on taking our shot. That's why I dont buy the *you had bad SA* argument.

Engaging in effective situational awareness means knowing the locations and intentions of enemies as well as friends.

You can never know with certainty what the players around you are going to do, best guess maybe......we are dealing with human beings here and unless we are pyshic and can read other peoples minds we can never really know what that other person is going to do. The unpredictable nature of human opponents, that is the reason why I play games online. :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Best solution imo would be to make friendly fire have no effect on the shooter or the shootee. Bullets dont pass through friendlies, they just dont do any damage. AirWarrior did that during the time I played it. You could still PNG by bombing friendly acks or by bombin friendlies on the runway though.
[/b]

The fundamental problem with this approach is that it encourages "shooting over the shoulder" of planes in front of you because you have no fear of shooting him (or yourself with killshooter) down.  This leads to tactics that do not mesh with reality -- did real pilots in situations like that shoot over over a friendly plane in front of them in order to steal kills?  Not without great threat to the plane in front and severe punishment to the pilot doing it upon landing.

Killshooter as currently enabled punishes historically dangerous behavior.  If you do away with killshooter, you'll replace threads like this with threads about kill stealers instead.  At least in this case you really do not have anybody but yourself to blame.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2006, 11:08:27 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

The fundamental problem with this approach is that it encourages "shooting over the shoulder" of planes in front of you because you have no fear of shooting him (or yourself with killshooter) down.  This leads to tactics that do not mesh with reality -- did real pilots in situations like that shoot over over a friendly plane in front of them in order to steal kills?  Not without great threat to the plane in front and severe punishment to the pilot doing it upon landing.

Killshooter as currently enabled punishes historically dangerous behavior.  If you do away with killshooter, you'll replace threads like this with threads about kill stealers instead.  At least in this case you really do not have anybody but yourself to blame.

-- Todd/Leviathn
He's smart, don't argue with him.

:D