Author Topic: US bashers  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Jato... This guy is afraid that bloody Russians moved one of the S-200 SAMs so the SR-71 will enter it's interception range. After the guidance beam will be locked at him - he has nothing else to do but pray: his bird's turn radius is 180km, while S-200 can get the target 250km far and 40+km high.

JFYI: S-200 "Angara" can be deployed and be ready for launch in 14 hours. It's conventional warhead consists of 300kg of explosive and 60000 steel balls, enough to shred a B-52 to small particles if exploding 60-100m from a target. It can also carry a 10kton nuclear warhead. In NATO it's called SA-5...

SR-71 flights over Nothern shore of the USSR were almost useless. They had to avoid missile interception ranges and MiG-25/31s. Nice to wake up in a hotel in Murmansk and see an S-200 target-illuminating antenna on a nearby hill.  

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dowding:
Opportunity or asylum? That must be a very hard choice.

Well, at the beginning of our US history, folks left your place to come here. Perhaps there was neither one available in your place at that time.

As for now, I'm glad we're getting the "opportunists". I don't know where you got your stats or how you define "asylum" but if you're happy with the situation, I'm simply overjoyed as well.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
Tac:

That card is nice for 2d and video editing but.. DONT get it for AH. Its not the fastest thing, better get a Radeon All In Wonder. Better video editing, better 3d, fast AH.

I was actually asking for a pci card to add to my GF2

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by TheWobble:

Bunch of nonsense about american-hating web sites cut out

You've proved nothing with this, except that there are amazinhunks in every country.  It's not Europeans that hate Americans, it's some europeans that do.  It's not Americans that hate Europeans, it's some Americans that do.  Finding more American bashing web sites proves nothing.  The average American amazinhunk probably isn't smart enough to figure out enough about what's happening in Europe to make a web site about it.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
im done arguing on this topic, we don't have to prove what a great country we have, as far as what I said about that pic with the SR-71 yea I was wrong, it was drawn at 80,000 feet, anyway the pilots who flew the SR-71 not only wore pilots wings but also wear astronaut wings, im sure U all know why they wear thoughts wings, the U.S. has not stated any information on the bird but ill bet it flies a lot higher than 100,000 feet.

------------------

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2001, 04:25:00 PM »
Another problem is that Americans are still stuck to the Imperial measurment systems. Even Brits switched to Metric  

Well, if SR-71 pilots wore Astronaut wings - then should I wear "space-defence" insignia?   I am an S-200 technical division officer, one of that guys in insulation suites, working in brown vapours of oxydizer liquid. I didn't get my papers, but I think I had enough studies to fuel the 5B28 and bring that 11 meters long beast to a launch site. I told you already that my Uncle had at least 4 confirmed victories as an S-75 "Dvina" targeting officer in Vietnam. So it goes. He didn't start that war...

Yes, I agree that you do not have to prove that your country is great. Only a stupid will not admit it. The case is that you should understand that in many places people want to be just left alone. Even in North Korea they try to live on their own and built whatever they want.

In Central Asian republics the marriage age is 13 or 14 years old. Should you "bomb them down to the stone age"?

People are different everywhere, and noone has the right to decide if they are right or wrong living like they do. I have to admit that I don't have a right to judge Americans too  

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
US bashers
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2001, 04:33:00 PM »
Toad,

Apparently, 81% of applications for asylum to the UK are turned down (whether they are bogus or fraudulant is another question).

But if we can help even a handful of seriously abused people, I don't mind paying the extra taxes.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
 a few of these will mess up that s-200 or whatever, and americans dont usualy fly solo

------------------

[This message has been edited by jato757 (edited 01-28-2001).]

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2001, 07:01:00 PM »
SR-71 was widely used in the Arctic in 1960s-80s. The DID avoid S-200 interception ranges, and dealing with MiGs they had to rely on sattelite recon data. There were rumours that one or two Blackbirds were shot down, but I doubt it. They were harmless, so why bother? Better install a few mock S-200 sites  

Legends say that MiG-25 interceptor pilots new all the SR-71 pilots by names talked to them a lot, and they did not want to kill people they were aquainted to. Their goal was to repel Blackbirds from important targets, and when they had a chance to "frame" them and launch a missile - they simply refused, or stated some kind of a system mailfunction.

It's an old PVO (Soviet air defence) legend, but it's a nice one. IMO that's how all the problems should be solved: let the "big brothers" do what they want, but if we, ordinary people get a chance - we'll talk easily and share a couple of drinks  

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2001, 07:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by Boroda:
Jato...
JFYI: S-200 "Angara" can be deployed and be ready for launch in 14 hours. It's conventional warhead consists of 300kg of explosive and 60000 steel balls, enough to shred a B-52 to small particles if exploding 60-100m from a target. It can also carry a 10kton nuclear warhead. In NATO it's called SA-5...

SR-71 flights over Nothern shore of the USSR were almost useless. They had to avoid missile interception ranges and MiG-25/31s. Nice to wake up in a hotel in Murmansk and see an S-200 target-illuminating antenna on a nearby hill.    

i think the SR-71 could get to russia and back to U.S. in under 14 hours  

[This message has been edited by jato757 (edited 01-28-2001).]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2001, 07:13:00 PM »
I was part of a recon/intel mission in the Murmansk area. Two RC-135's and an SR-71 were tasked into the area at the same time.

The mission achieved it's goals completely...without overflying any sovereign territory. The data proved very helpful.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2001, 07:14:00 PM »

we'll talk easily and share a couple of drinks  

drinks,sounds good to me, hey no hard fealings to you, im sure u would be mad if this was directed at your country

funked

US bashers
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2001, 08:03:00 PM »
I didn't realize we had so many bigots here.  

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2001, 09:58:00 PM »
This is yet another thread where all I have to say is "Good grief".  There seem to be so many lately.

Swoop

P.S.  Whoever said Britain's switched to metric......nah mate, it's only the government that switched, the British still think in imperial.  I buy my dope by the ounce.  

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
US bashers
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2001, 05:05:00 AM »

IMO that's how all the problems should be solved: let the "big brothers" do what they want, but if we, ordinary people get a chance - we'll talk easily and share a couple of drinks  

S! Boroda, well said.