Author Topic: "Game" tips  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 09:46:18 PM »
That's why I think the  slider for engine volume both internal and external should be disabled, to prevent this kind of gamey crap.

Every other sound let it as it is, but the engine sounds of external and internal  sources shouldn't be allowed to be set by the person.

Offline eh

• Copper Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »
Yeah. You'd think that with cartoon planes there would be more realism eh?

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 10:34:22 PM »
Ehhhhhh...what did you say.....btw I agree with hubsie.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 11:21:30 PM »
Just grab to 30k, turn your engine off, and glide down to the sneaky buggers, that'll tick em off :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 11:29:15 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Was Silat flying naked, per chance? :rofl

muahahahahaha:rofl :rofl :lol :lol :rofl
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 12:31:19 AM »
posted by  x0847Marine

heard this tip last week, tried it... thought it a bit gamy

I can only imagine the other creative things you sneaky AH'ers have come up with.

Not half as many as the infamouse queen of gamers :noid

I heard if you map your bail out button to your joystick trigger you can maintain a better score :noid

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 12:49:13 AM »
Boom and zoom with the engine off. (at least the first pass) :)
sand

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
"Game" tips
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 06:24:25 AM »
shhheesshhh what some people do

found the Pot, now wheres that kettle..............   :rolleyes:

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 07:39:55 AM »
Originally posted by Hammy

Rude Hammy - Very Rude. hehe Just kidding ....... Had to do that to you once on BBS.  :)

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
"Game" tips
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 10:49:38 AM »
was meant to be  ;)

Offline HardRock

• Zinc Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 05:09:11 PM »
Well I tried it. Lasted for 10 minutes before changing it back. Its a load of crap.

First all it was too confusing and too much unecessary noise. If they're in that close you had better know where they are other than sound. I'd rather here the important sounds such as flaps and my engine.

Having friendly plane sounds just confuses the issue more.

I'll stay with the old fashio snap views.

Thanks for the try though ;-)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 06:32:53 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy

LOL if only you knew the half of it.  You know I'v been here a few years in 1 name or another.  Well, 3 names actually.  So in that time I'v learnt a trick or 2 but you know what?  None of the "Tricks",as it's put, actually saves you.
You are either a better or more experiences fighter pilot than the other guy or you ain't.  You can either High Alt level bomb or you can't or more to the reall point, can't be arsed.  You can either pork a field in 2 passes or you can lawn dart in or go up with the bomb you dropped.  You can read the map and all it's Gv / Cv tell tail signs or you can't.  You can either be a 5 Inch newbie or a 8 Inch gunner.  You know when it's the right time to turn a Cv or you don't.  You know how to level bomb Cv's or you don't.   Are you or the threadie getting where I'm coming from?

Here's a suprise it NEVER not ever gets night time in AH2.  Your gamma/contrast/brightness/video card is either set right or it just plain isn't. (You should see twilight and dawn)

Sure enough you can tweak the sound so you hear VOX in a dog fight and hear planes 500 yrds out with ALL the friendlies toboot but you iether got what it takes OR YOU AIN'T, an I'm still getting there.

Oh, I was taking the pi$$ about setting views but you (Hammy) won't be suprised about the amount of guys that don't actually do basic settings as defined in the "Help" files.  

As for me spilling my guts on the BB's about all the other "Tricks of the Trade"...yer right.  Call me shell-fish but if I'v discovered a "TIP" or a "Trick", which ever view you take, I ain't sharing.  Let the newbie pay 5 yr subs then he'll be as wise as me, for all the help it is.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 06:56:48 PM »
If a con appears to have "Stevie Wonder SA", I'll get to 1.5k and chop throttle.  9 times out of 10, they're shot down.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
"Game" tips
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »
the engine sound is just plain annoying..... I turn it down and almost off..... so I can juuuusssst hear it.....  everything else in game I leave up except things  like the air raid  serien, vox and other really annoying sounds :D

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
"Game" tips
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
You can always tell the guys that do it, and they are sadly the same ones who game the game for score, fly in the horde, run from 1 on 1's, ect.

Pfffft...shows what you know...I do all those things and my engine sound is all the way up. :rolleyes: